Jaylon Smith. What the heck

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He made a ton of plays last night . . . he stone walled Zeke

Not saying he didnt. He's able to defend a gap and even move in one direction.....his big problem is that he can't change direction in any manner which leads to him having to gamble on the direction of the play.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not saying he didnt. He's able to defend a gap and even move in one direction.....his big problem is that he can't change direction in any manner which leads to him having to gamble on the direction of the play.
We all know that . . . i was just commenting on His play last night . . . It was fun to watch him. . . Every time He made a play, my boy and I would smile and say "Damn Jaylon" :laugh: after the Flying Elbow Drop we almost lost it . . . He spit His beer out

He is a goof ball and I am glad He is not the Cowboys problem any longer but you gotta give credit where credit is due.. . He played a solid game

LVE and Him really stepped up. I think those 2 still have a really strong bond . . . seeing Jaylon out there making plays may have lit a fire under Leighton

Blackrain

Reaction score
Love Jaylon. He had his professional career derailed during the last game of his college career by a devastating injury. He never gave up and fought all the way back to respectability. That’s a mentally strong man and deserves no criticism. Good seeing him make some plays

First off he's not a Dallas Cowboy anymore.

Secondly you're dead wrong he does deserve criticism when he piles on and tries to send a flying elbow into our centers side.

And if you think it's good seeing him make those kind of plays trying to injure our players you're as much of a smacked glass as he is.

What's the matter with you You're supposed to be the ultimate cowboy fan did you even watch what he did.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We all know that . . . i was just commenting on His play last night . . . It was fun to watch him. . . Every time He made a play, my boy and I would smile and say "Damn Jaylon" :laugh: after the Flying Elbow Drop we almost lost it . . . He spit His beer out

He is a goof ball and I am glad He is not the Cowboys problem any longer but you gotta give credit where credit is due.. . He played a solid game

LVE and Him really stepped up. I think those 2 still have a really strong bond . . . seeing Jaylon out there making plays may have lit a fire under Leighton

Well if you knew that you should of acknowledged it as the point you made, that he makes plays, is misleading as he he's easy to scheme against based on his limitations.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well if you knew that you should of acknowledged it as the point you made, that he makes plays, is misleading as he he's easy to scheme against based on his limitations.
Yeah . . . I am done dissecting His play . . . He is not the Cowboys problem any longer . . . I just find him to be entertaining . . . His Long Red Leg and Arm Socks are a great touch. . . It made it easy to see him on the field

Blackrain

Reaction score
These kinds of posts again show Rockport's keen eye and wisdom. I missed it at first, but with Rockport's guidance I came to see a true playmaker at work. :rolleyes:

Yep it's like having the short bus version of Vince Lombardi here to explain football to us.
We are really blessed to have him to counsel us on this forum.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah . . . I am done dissecting His play . . . He is not the Cowboys problem any longer . . . I just find him to be entertaining . . . His Long Red Leg and Arm Socks are a great touch. . . It made it easy to see him on the field

And there you go That says it all He's great at marketing himself he makes it easy to see him on the field.

All fashion and no substance.

NotForLong

Reaction score
And there you go That says it all He's great at marketing himself he makes it easy to see him on the field.

All fashion and no substance.
Why are you obsessed with Him . . . I am only talking about last nights game . . . Let it go

starfan1

Reaction score
You know I really had high hopes for jaylon especially in 18.
it’s not his fault our gm took him where he did

That said after watching him play after play and his famous check the tape comment it became harder for me to support him

yesterday was a microcosm of him. He’ll make a play here and there and then do something as dumb as the play the OP is talking bout

should have been a penalty but sometimes you just laugh at him

Scotman

Reaction score
I actually thought he played a pretty good game. Definitely better than his last games here.

He's a great example of overcoming adversity. The perfect example of perseverance.

All of that can be true while still admitting that him flinging himself into the air and trying to crash down on the pile to elbow his opponent like a second rate Nacho Libre is straight up stupid and embarrassing.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
As bad as he is, he still tackled Zeke in space one on one after a pads on the flat.

In Zeke's defense though, he had just caught it and turned up field and jaylon was already in position.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I actually thought he played a pretty good game. Definitely better than his last games here.

He's a great example of overcoming adversity. The perfect example of perseverance.

All of that can be true while still admitting that him flinging himself into the air and trying to crash down on the pile to elbow his opponent like a second rate Nacho Libre is straight up stupid and embarrassing.
That sums it up pretty nicely.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I respect that he had a devastating injury rehabbed from it to be able to play in the NFL and give him credit for that.

But I am first and foremost a Cowboys fan and he used us to market himself and get paid and then avoided contact to the point he had to go.

I realize he was dealt a bad hand with his injury and had to do what he had to do make business decisions to prolong his career.

That said I'm glad he's making the business decisions in New York now and not on our team. He plays when he wants to and it's convenient but he's not going to make the mistake of giving 110% at all times and getting injured again.

He is all about getting the most out of his NFL career and I don't blame him . I'm just glad he's not doing it here anymore

Blackrain

Reaction score
As bad as he is, he still tackled Zeke in space one on one after a pads on the flat.

In Zeke's defense though, he had just caught it and turned up field and jaylon was already in position.

And I watched our quarterback throw a block on him he couldn't shed and Zeke run for 16 yds