Jaylon's Cut Cap Figure(s)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jkyle, May 3, 2021.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

49,163 Messages
    50,786 Likes Received
    He'll be better in this defense but I don't know if that means he'll be good.

He played 100% of defensive snaps in almost all games last season which was far too many.

He'll be OK this season if he becomes the 3rd LB; however, if that happens he'll be too expensive to keep in 2022 as the 3rd LB.

baltcowboy, Kolemmitt and Typhus like this.
  2. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,911 Messages
    12,870 Likes Received
    believe?

thats a big IF....

what if Quinn gets the most out of JS and LVE this season.. saying they are gone before they have shot at getting back on track is just fans wanting player gone as if its an automatic

facts are most likely if this year doesnt go well many high priced players will be moved either cut, traded, or asked to take a pay cut

zeke-replaced with pollard and added player
    AC-replaced by gallup
    LC- if his injurys is career threatened and he relapses well got to move on
    TS-last shot at extending his career
    Dlaw- time to put up or be gone, Gregory will hopefully shine in 16 game year
    JS- welp
    LVE-injuries' the new LEE wont get the same patience

big changes will happen and that includes if a relatively healthy teams somehow crashed and burns MM could be gone..a ot of big ifs..MM gets mulligan for the injuries' last year again in no offseason to speak of..he wont have that excuse this year..he was brought hired to take a Vet team and win now so if that doesnt happen we go younger on players and coaches..

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Motorola and stasheroo like this.
  3. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

4,849 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    I kinda think the whole team was in this shape...not just D.

4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

11,706 Messages
    16,030 Likes Received
    I was all guaranteed at signing, basically they should have just left him on his rookie deal.

5. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,911 Messages
    12,870 Likes Received
    see my post above..

6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

68,342 Messages
    80,235 Likes Received
    I agree with you. If things don’t go well this year we might see a whole lot of changes next year. There are certainly several salary issues to address.

blueblood70 likes this.
  7. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

11,483 Messages
    15,585 Likes Received
    I hope so. I just have no confidence in the organization to make a timely decision. Its almost like they try to avoid the embarrassment of admitting they were wrong. Explains why Tyrone Crawford stuck around so long in spite of absurd cap hits vs his production.

stasheroo likes this.
  8. stasheroo

68,342 Messages
    80,235 Likes Received
    They definitely have a hard time admitting when they’re wrong. It might just shatter their well-crafted illusion that things have been going well for these 25-years-plus.

Kolemmitt and atlantacowboy like this.
  9. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

11,483 Messages
    15,585 Likes Received
    Its as if they view every year as its own bubble completely unrelated to previous years. There are no connections, patterns, or correlations. Anything can happen! Thats why we win the optimistic spirit award every off season.

10. stasheroo

68,342 Messages
    80,235 Likes Received
    For those willing to buy what they’re selling.

atlantacowboy likes this.
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,855 Messages
    54,350 Likes Received
    So do we have to go an entire year of this. Jaylon is not going anywhere this year. And he will probably be here next year.
    So LVE leaves in FA after this year. Unless he plays like he did his rookie year. So if he leaves, we may get a 3rd round comp pick.

Parsons and Cox becomes the 2 main starters. That leaves Jaylon as a viable back up rotation guy, even at his pay. But better than taking a cap hit next year. He can even start when they have 3 LB's in there. Also it depends on his play this year of course.

I will wait until after the season to see where it all stands. This is how I see as of now.

12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

21,056 Messages
    21,394 Likes Received
    should have moved on from him in 3/21

13. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

26,708 Messages
    22,982 Likes Received
    You are right and wrong. We aren't cutting Jaylon but we aren't cutting LVE either, not just yet. LVE is still under contract for one more year so he has time to show he is repaired and back to his wolf hunter self. Drafting Micah Parsons was about rotation. All our LBers will be rotating more to keep them fresh. We don't know what the team believes about LVE so we shouldn't project what we think in that place. LVE not getting his 5th-year option exercised is a direct result of his lack of playing time last year. If he is fully healed, there is no reason to think his playing time will continue to be impeded.

14. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

3,198 Messages
    5,872 Likes Received
    The savings are pretty minimal even if we cut him next offseason. I think we may be stuck with him until 2023

blueblood70 likes this.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

30,434 Messages
    12,493 Likes Received
    Jaylon is 100% here this year.
    Cutting him saves you zero money because he is GTD already.

In 2022 if you cut him you save about 2.5M. So he may be cut or he may stick another season depending upon how he plays in this scheme.
    Financially it's not all that beneficial until 2023.

Dallas drafted 2 LBs and lost 2 in the off-season: Sean Lee and Joe Thomas.
    They did not pick up year 5 for LVE signaling they fear he isn't right physically.

You could see a 2022 with:
    LOLB: ??/Neal
    Will: Cox
    Mike: Jaylon
    ROLB/DPR: Parsons

People tea reading Jaylon's demise may well be doing wishful thinking.

16. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

2,115 Messages
    1,961 Likes Received
    A year ago we were talking about having the best LB core in the NFL and then under Nolan's leadership almost every player regressed. Hoping Jaylon can bounce back, along with other players. If he doesn't then agreed that it's time to move on.

17. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    7,334 Likes Received
    It makes no financial or personnel sense to cut him this year. It would purely be out of spite unless he just wasn’t one of our 6-7 best linebackers, which he obviously is.

18. Coogiguy03

Coogiguy03 Active Member

127 Messages
    212 Likes Received

Based on these numbers cut him June

19. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

3,612 Messages
    5,186 Likes Received
    Jaylon is gone next year. The dead cap makes sense based on his recent production, and we know he doesn't adjust well to new schemes.

20. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

19,106 Messages
    42,448 Likes Received
    God what an albatross