Twitter: Jaylon's Packer salary is $770,000

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Money was a large factor. But, I think playing time was an even bigger factor. Think about it.

The Cowboys asked Jaylon to remove the $9M injury guarantee next year. That is it. Jaylon was not getting an injury guarantee from any team in a new contract if he left. Jaylon will only get $770K extra this year and significantly less next year than what he would have got as a Cowboy. Granted he may have been cut by the Cowboys next year, but that is the same with any new contract for him.

Money-wise most likely Jaylon took less over the next two years than he would have got as a Cowboy.

I believe the real issue for Jaylon was lack of playing time. He had fallen to #4 or #5 LB and was only getting snaps recently due to Neal’s injury. Starting this week, Jaylon would have been buried in the depth chart. Behind Parsons, Neal, Kearse, LVE, Cox, Gifford, Kamara, and Anae for the position Jaylon plays. Jaylon saw the writing on the wall.

GB gives him a chance at playing time since two LBs are injured right now.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Jaylon may not have had the right chemistry for playing for the Cowboys. It doesn't mean he may not fit in at GB. I hope he does well and will tune into the reel. Its like some people don't even want him to succeed and he may just do that. He will also go there with more determination and motivation to succeed.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas is basically paying to keep a youngster on the roster rather than expose him to the waiver wire. Could be anyone, even Azur Kamara, but we have vets returning to the roster, and room must be made for them without losing any young guys we are excited about.

good point.

I think there is more to the Jaylon story than we are being told.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Money was a large factor. But, I think playing time was an even bigger factor. Think about it.

The Cowboys asked Jaylon to remove the $9M injury guarantee next year. That is it. Jaylon was not getting an injury guarantee from any team in a new contract if he left. Jaylon will only get $770K extra this year and significantly less next year than what he would have got as a Cowboy. Granted he may have been cut by the Cowboys next year, but that is the same with any new contract for him.

Money-wise most likely Jaylon took less over the next two years than he would have got as a Cowboy.

I believe the real issue for Jaylon was lack of playing time. He had fallen to #4 or #5 LB and was only getting snaps recently due to Neal’s injury. Starting this week, Jaylon would have been buried in the depth chart. Behind Parsons, Neal, Kearse, LVE, Cox, Gifford, Kamara, and Anae for the position Jaylon plays. Jaylon saw the writing on the wall.

yup.

i don’t think DQ liked Jaylon .

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Low risk, low reward signing... It'll be interesting if he's in the rotation during the playoffs, I'd bet that he's waving and cheering from the sidelines
Or raking the ground in celebration after tackling the ball carrier nine yards downfield.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Last week it was even worse. 34 yards downfield

Jaylon-smith-GIFs-Get-the-best-GIF-on-GIPHY.gif

RicKospia

Reaction score

Great post agree with you 100%

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
captain gimp was probably already crying about his loss of playing time. The coaches didn't want him to poison the locker room when his playing time got cut more and more. the money was a second thought.