Jayron Kearse Is Now The Defensive Signal Caller

fivetwos

Reaction score
Whats interesting is Wilson's snaps doubled, and it looks like they were easing him in. He is not an easy guy to keep on the sidelines and will probably be playing 80% of the snaps by next week.

Ive been saying it shouldnt be Wilson or Kearse, but both. It looks like they could be in agreement. Is suspect you will see one at LB in some Nickel or Dime sets with the other at SS. And maybe Wilson at FS in run D packages
Now that you mention this, I didn't even notice Hooker on the field.

Did he play?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He's at the top of my list for being re-signed along with Gregory. Hope to bring back Neal and Kazee as well, but I can live with it if they move on to greener pastures.

Neither Neal or Kazee are priorities IMO.

If Hooker and Wilson can stay healthy I like them more than those 2.

But keeping Kearse is critical.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Neither Neal or Kazee are priorities IMO.

If Hooker and Wilson can stay healthy I like them more than those 2.

But keeping Kearse is critical.

Not sure on the safeties yet. Wilson laid some wood Sunday night and Kazee has made more plays in coverage (and had more mistakes) than Hooker. I could probably flip a coin right now over Kazee and Hooker. I do like the idea of Wilson being part of a three-man group with Kearse and Kazee/Hooker since Kearse plays some nickel/dime linebacker.

I was hoping the Cox could eventually supplant Neal and maybe we'll just turn that role over to him next year. However, I doubt at this point that we re-sign LVE, so I'm good with bringing Neal back since Parsons would be our only true proven LB otherwise. At this point, though, I want to see how Neal plays for the rest of the year.

Other than those, I think we should be able to get Watkins and Urban back for cheap if we want them for depth. If Hill or Gallimore come back and play well, it might not be necessary to bring both back, though.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Micah can do more without the dot. Without the. He can line up anywhere without affecting the communication but with the. He's not lining up on the edge and still being able to communicate with everybody needs to do
This.

You can't have the guy you move around a lot calling out plays. It'll be hard for him to communicate with everyone. Plus once the QB hears his voice he knows exactly where he's at and possibly what he's doing. We want offenses guessing whether he's playing linebacker or DE.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Thanks.

I had sufficiently numbed myself due to other circumstances lol but wow I didn't notice the guy.

Not noticing your FS was even on the field is a great indicator of
a good night by the defense... lol

I think I saw him twice. What a game that was!

ultron

Reaction score
Hopefully this is a strategy or attempt to get this dude to resign here! Easily the best safety we’ve had since prime Roy Williams; in my humble opinion

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
It's gonna be interesting to see which of the 3 safeties the team tries hardest to re-sign. Probably only getting 1...

Goodness, the Cowboys actually have multiple safeties that other teams won't???????????????????? My, how times have changed.

Have to applaud the Front Office, and Quinn for bringing in a few key pieces he wanted.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Somehow, Dan Quinn has worked his magic, to exact a really great influence upon Jayron Kearse! :)

I always felt our players would respond well to him, well before this season ultimately commenced. ;)