Jeff Bezos looking into buying the Commanders

basel90

Reaction score
I agree. Jay Z also knows the sports industry and has the Roc Nation.

That gives them an insight and competitive advantage on the sports most important asset. The players.

Very very big for the NFL if this happens and in a partnership in such a way.

Control of a team, an agency that represents players and guides them. An elite Top 3 richest person in the world (Jeff Bezos) and a Media Mogul and entrepreneur (Jay Z).

Jerry, you need to win in the next few years. Windows about done.
very true. Heck , stan Kroenke , who owns another 8-10 major sporting franchises teams all over the world ( including Arsenal Soccer club) has won 2 more NFL trophies since Jerry won his last one, in two different cities with the Rams !!!.which moved from St Louis to LA. Plus, he built a much more impressive stadium in LA. Jerry is lagging at this stage and his stubbornness about being GM has cost him and the fans a lot .

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wouldnt Bezos then have to relinquish rights to Thursday night football ?

You cant have an owner who also owns the broadcasting rights. Its a huge conflict of interest. If you think games are paid off now. Imagine if an owner owned the broadcast lol
Good point. Plus if he is going to partner with Jay Z that becomes a huge conflict of interest. You have one owner who owns broadcasting rights and another owner to represents players.

Sydla

Reaction score

That gives them an insight and competitive advantage on the sports most important asset. The players.

Control of a team, an agency that represents players and guides them. An elite Top 3 richest person in the world (Jeff Bezos) and a Media Mogul and entrepreneur (Jay Z).

Yeah I don't think Jay Z could be owner of a team and then also owner of a sports agency representing players.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
very true. Heck , stan Kroenke , who owns another 8-10 major sporting franchises teams all over the world ( including Arsenal Soccer club) has won 2 more NFL trophies since Jerry won his last one, in two different cities with the Rams !!!.which moved from St Louis to LA. Plus, he built a much more impressive stadium in LA. Jerry is lagging at this stage and his stubbornness about being GM has cost him and the fans a lot .

I think Jerry got him moved to LA and designed the stadium so even more salt in the wound..lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
Good point. Plus if he is going to partner with Jay Z that becomes a huge conflict of interest. You have one owner who owns broadcasting rights and another owner to represents players.
Yeah exactly what I am thinking too.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Wouldnt Bezos then have to relinquish rights to Thursday night football ?

You cant have an owner who also owns the broadcasting rights. Its a huge conflict of interest. If you think games are paid off now. Imagine if an owner owned the broadcast lol

That's Amazon Prime. Whether he's the owner or not they wouldn't change that deal. He also owns the Washington Post lol! It's even deeper than you think the control this guy would have.

It's a conflict of interest an owner of a sports agency gets to own a club. So from Media, Broadcasting, Team ownership, to player contract management. They would have their hands and control in all of that.

Big edge when you can get the players. Big edge when you control the marketing which also gives those players endorsements beyond their playing contract. Big edge to get a player to properly play out/ perform to their contract when you manage them as the owner and the agent. Big edge when your team goes on the broadcast when you own the broadcast rights. Big edge to the whole NFL when you own and pay out one of the largest TV deals and want your way on some things.

The owners have to vote too but this can come to fruition very fast. I know Denver stinks right now but the Walton's own them now. That's Walmart. Expect a new stadium soon there being pushed for soon.

Same as the Commanders if Bezos gets them.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think Jay Z could be owner of a team and then also owner of a sports agency representing players.

He's doing it in the NBA and he has a good chunk of the best players playing on his team. Lol! He's selling the shares to Jason Kidd. Guess he needs to pony up for the NFL deal.

Corporate Law is a different animal than collective bargaining agreements and league competition committees.

He's got Bezos, he gets what he wants and knows how to already do it.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Would this cause an issue with conflict of interests? Bezos owns Amazon and Amazon has a TV package with the NFL. Amazon could also be bidding on the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

There is no way at all the NFL would allow someone who represents players to also be even a tiny fractional percent owner of a team. The other 31 owners would never allow it. If so, you can be assured Jerry and many other owner would have started agencies long ago. Can you imagine negotiating a contract for a player with the owner of a division rival. It will never be allowed to happen.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
How? There is a salary cap, and it requires player evaluation and development.

Money can't fix that. He only turns it around if he builds a proper organization.

Oh, and how does the NFL allow the owner of Amazon Prime to have a team? Might as well let Fox buy the Cardinals and ESPN buy the Titans.
He might have to give up thursday night football. I think thats an easy concession

AKATheRake

Reaction score

He's doing it in the NBA. Brooklyn Nets he owns and he owns Roc Nation which is Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irvings agency. Lol! Told you this

AKATheRake

Reaction score
There is no way at all the NFL would allow someone who represents players to also be even a tiny fractional percent owner of a team. The other 31 owners would never allow it. If so, you can be assured Jerry and many other owner would have started agencies long ago. Can you imagine negotiating a contract for a player with the owner of a division rival. It will never be allowed to happen.

We'll see. Clearly an edge and a suitable cause for a conflict of interest. Can also point to having to build a team under a cap.