Jeff Bezos looking into buying the Commanders

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Interesting Jay-Z a Cowboy fan buying the Commanders.

I get your take. Money is money though and the Jones family won't sell the thing ever they said. Might as well be their rival with 1 of the richest people in the world as your partner, I guess.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It is not about money . Jeff is extremely organized ,smart and methodical , he will use his massive resources to deploy a top notch professional team and make it the place where players want to come to Washington and play.

He may be all of those things. But he's also kind of a jerk and self-centered.

Not a big fan.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Good. Bozo can start by tossing the Commodes name and those goofy looking uniforms into the garbage. Even the black uni's that some we’re saying we’re fire :rolleyes: looked lame.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Could be bad for the NFC East. Bezos would just hire a competent and ruthless management team to run the show. An NFL team would barely qualify as a hobby for him.

The fact he is partnering with Jay-Z, might mean he doesn't do the above. Has a chance of being a clown show.

Reactions: CWR

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
oh man. Jay-Z becoming the first black owner (although likely minority stake) would be a big deal. you'd likely have a big group of players who'd jump ship just to play for that team just because of him. I'd absolutely take less to play there if i was a player.

plasticman

Reaction score
Bezos and the Washington Whatevers.

Doesn't it seem like they were just meant for each other?

T-RO

Reaction score
Bezos pays his employees squat, makes delivery driver pee in bottles to stay on schedule, grinds vendors to dust, steals product concepts for his own branded crap, and has crushed tens of thousands of mom and pop businesses.

Goodell will be delighted to welcome him in.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Never heard of him. Doesn’t he own an online book store? Probably will fold soon.

Jk

He's pretty much a derk.herd.

He's the face of the people who own the world feed us our own ***** so they get way richer than anyone would ever even need to dream of being. And then . . .all the middle men eat it up.

I'm personally for capitalism. To an extent. But Jeff Bezos just sucks.

I know some will chew my head off. But he's the kind of guy who little guys like to fight against, and all his company really needs is a movement. Anyway... Amazon is just getting too big, and I'm trying to make a point to buy other things. Which is possible because if Amazon is good at anything it's making other merchants' prices competitive.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He may be all of those things. But he's also kind of a jerk and self-centered.

Not a big fan.
Yeah I've heard the same lately. He seemed like decent guy when I knew him in the DE Shaw days.

JBond

Reaction score
That's Amazon Prime. Whether he's the owner or not they wouldn't change that deal. He also owns the Washington Post lol! It's even deeper than you think the control this guy would have.

It's a conflict of interest an owner of a sports agency gets to own a club. So from Media, Broadcasting, Team ownership, to player contract management. They would have their hands and control in all of that.

Big edge when you can get the players. Big edge when you control the marketing which also gives those players endorsements beyond their playing contract. Big edge to get a player to properly play out/ perform to their contract when you manage them as the owner and the agent. Big edge when your team goes on the broadcast when you own the broadcast rights. Big edge to the whole NFL when you own and pay out one of the largest TV deals and want your way on some things.

The owners have to vote too but this can come to fruition very fast. I know Denver stinks right now but the Walton's own them now. That's Walmart. Expect a new stadium soon there being pushed for soon.

Same as the Commanders if Bezos gets them.

Just good business. I am just jealous I didn't figure out how to be successful on the Billion dollar level.

Example...Warren Buffett owns most of furniture companies. Separately also owns the trucking companies and rail companies that transport it and as a little separate side deal owns the insurance companies that cover everything, but all seperate revenue streams that are multifaceted. Dang, I wish I was that smart.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
oh man. Jay-Z becoming the first black owner (although likely minority stake) would be a big deal. you'd likely have a big group of players who'd jump ship just to play for that team just because of him. I'd absolutely take less to play there if i was a player.
I would agree that it would be great and long over due but I would have to disagree on the rest. I don't believe players would take less to play there nor should they. They should get as much as they can. Also if they did it would become an issue that the league would have to address. Not to mention that the NFLPS would not permit their members to go around signing contracts for less than they are worth as that would affect the future value of other members.

I have always felt that the deals that Brady would sign with the Patriots should have been reviewed by the league and the NFLPA. I would bet money that some day things will come to lights about side deals. There is already things out there that are super shady.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
How? There is a salary cap, and it requires player evaluation and development.

Money can't fix that. He only turns it around if he builds a proper organization.

Oh, and how does the NFL allow the owner of Amazon Prime to have a team? Might as well let Fox buy the Cardinals and ESPN buy the Titans.
Excellent observation! Definitely conflict of interest there.