Twitter: Jeff Darlington: Elliott deal is "getting done"

GMO415

Reaction score
Way to go out on a limb here.....we all predicted he'll be there Wk 1.
giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Listen, Im not much of a fan of his anymore, you could read recent posts about that, but I do go by things called facts and the fact is we have a really good team ready to make a huge run and the guy who this offense runs around had a perfect time to hold out to get paid regardless how much of an idiot he has been and regardless how much the owner has looked out for him. He has the leverage and it is obvious or else if it wasn't a deal would not be getting done.
Sorry but I don't agree. Starting the first half of 2018 with a 3-5 record, plus a dismal performance during the Rams playoff loss says the Cowboys should have waited on offering Zeke a new contract, especially with other key players due this year.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't agree. Starting the first half of 2018 with a 3-5 record, plus a dismal performance during the Rams playoff loss says the Cowboys should have waited on offering Zeke a new contract, especially with other key players due this year.
The whole team played bad. We can start with that awful defense. Completely flopped in that playoff game.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You just confirmed I'm arguing with an idiot. Thanks, good night.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chandler Jones. The Patriot way works. Pay the ones you need to and move the others for picks you don't need.

Naw, if we do things the Patriots way, then how will Jerry get his credit? No point winning if our owner can't bask in the glory of doing it his way.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This would be a win, win for both Cowboys AND Zeke. Zeke gets his new deal although he still has two years left on the old one. Cowboys save $$$$ by NOT having to pay more than Gurley like Stephen originally promised.
Exactly. I'm on board with it. Sign it and Jerry get Dak and Cooper signed as well.

I think Dak gets a little more than Wentz and Cooper gets a little less than Thomas and whenever Julio signs.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You can't argue with a guy whose name is Zeke eats when it comes to Zeke. Just like nobody can argue with me when it comes to Michael Irvin....aka..... The G.O.A.T

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
My thing with Zeke in FF right now is the TD's.

However he could be value because he could go behind other backs and wind up equaling their TD production .

7 last year. But 18 his rookie year
A large part of his TDs came down because of play calling in the redzone. His rookie year we lined up and ran him in the redzone. Last year not so much. Moore is the OC now and you have a chance to get a steal with Zeke........ Especially if he doesn't sign until right after your draft. It's possible you can get him in the 2nd round, depending on how many players are in your league...... And how many are Cowboy fans.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A large part of his TDs came down because of play calling in the redzone. His rookie year we lined up and ran him in the redzone. Last year not so much. Moore is the OC now and you have a chance to get a steal with Zeke........ Especially if he doesn't sign until right after your draft. It's possible you can get him in the 2nd round, depending on how many players are in your league...... And how many are Cowboy fans.
My draft is labor day, so if he signs by then he will be top 5. If not he will definitely go outside the first. Bell was a 3rd rounder last year

Barkley is my guy at #1 right now(ppr), but I can also his TD production taking a major hit in what should be a very bad offense

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I never read a single source that could verify Zeke wanted to be the highest paid RB in the league.

They only thing I heard and I am not sure if this was ever confirmed, was a statement that his father said that “Zeke will be the highest paid RB in the league”. If anyone can confirm he said that I guess you can consider that the closest source anyone could have.

Edit: Thanks to American Cowboy here is your confirmation.......

https://amp.tmz.com/2019/04/28/stacy-ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-running-back-contract/

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
My draft is labor day, so if he signs by then he will be top 5. If not he will definitely go outside the first. Bell was a 3rd rounder last year

Barkley is my guy at #1 right now(ppr), but I can also his TD production taking a major hit in what should be a very bad offense
I would only draft Barkley just to trade him as soon as the draft ended. That's just me though.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
They only thing I heard and I am not sure if this was ever confirmed, was a statement that his father said that “Zeke will be the highest paid RB in the league”. If anyone can confirm he said that I guess you can consider that the closest source any coops have.
And of course stephen jones said it as well.