Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods, pro-bowl performance?

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods

Heath and Woods each played at pro-bowl levels in the game Sunday night. Jeff Heath was making key stops throughout the game. Throw in the fake punt and that tackle on the TE. Heath was impressive.

After the 1st quarter, Woods was amazing as well. I think he had 3 or 4 pass break-ups. This excellent safety play is what Dallas needs on defense against the Falcons. I think they had 14 tackles. I also want to note that this was without D-Law getting sacks.

If D-Law and the pass-rush can get back on track, I think the Cowboys have now arrived on each level of the defense. The team can make a run, they are clicking in all phases.

What did you guys think about Heath and Woods? Heckuv a game.

Last edited:

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I love Heath, but once you mentioned pro bowl I have a feeling you're going to get blasted on this forum since Heath is either the GOAT or the worse safety in the NFL

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are both decent players. I dont think either needs to get run out of Dallas. I dont think either are world beaters though. I think both would look better with Earl Thomas in the secondary. Both have ball skills and could be good with someone that can dictate the offense.

Would be interesting to see how and if we use both if we do sign Thomas. Richards does seem to utilize extra Safeties as much as Eberlus did. Eberflus seemed to like using 3 safeties dime packages alot, where as Richards seems to favor CB's

Kaiser

Reaction score
Heath is having a good season but Woods has been inconsistent (typical of a first year starter). IMO the improvement in the safety play Sunday was because Awuzie was 100% healthy and playing well. Great corner play always makes your safties look better.

Eanwen

Reaction score
If Heath hadn't given up that big play to set up their last td, maybe I'd say he had a great game. They both had some great plays though.

ondaedg

Reaction score
really who gave up the 145 yards to Ertz? I saw guys playing very well, big effort but no way in heck they played at a PB level..sorry

Those passes were being thrown into super tight coverages. I can't fault heath or woods for those. Ertz is having a pro bowl year too.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
really who gave up the 145 yards to Ertz? I saw guys playing very well, big effort but no way in heck they played at a PB level..sorry

Ertz is the best TE in the game. No matter who watches him he still gets a ton passes completed to him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They were fine, which is about what they are as players.

Heath is a gamer, but he's not particularly good.

Pants

Reaction score
the OP said IN THE GAME SUNDAY NIGHT, not in general

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Thought they both played well in this game.
We can and should however, upgrade both of them. Good to great on special teams, but average as starting safeties. Need better talent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods

Heath and Woods each played at pro-bowl levels in the game Sunday night. Jeff Heath was making key stops throughout the game. Throw in the fake punt and that tackle on the TE. Heath was impressive.

After the 1st quarter, Woods was amazing as well. I think he had 3 or 4 pass break-ups. This excellent safety play is what Dallas needs on defense against the Falcons. I think they had 14 tackles. I also want to note that this was without D-Law getting sacks.

If D-Law and the pass-rush can get back on track, I think the Cowboys have now arrived on each level of the defense. The team can make a run, they are clicking in all phases.

What did you guys think about Heath and Woods? Heckuv a game.

I think they both suck. solid game, however. Heath is worse. Woods too small for the position.

But no doubt some are so desperate for ANY plays made by our horrid safety tandem that they will rejoice at one good game. Enjoy!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's no wonder our fanbase is so severely butt hurt. We think every player is an All Pro, so when they inevitably fall short we want to cut them.

LOL......My God its the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. This franchise has fallen in the dumps when the worst safety tandem the NFL has EVER seen are called pro bowlers. LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They played well, but Pro-Bowl is an honor based on play over a season, not one game, so I would not refer to it as Pro-Bowl level play.