Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods, pro-bowl performance?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Heath is having a good season but Woods has been inconsistent (typical of a first year starter). IMO the improvement in the safety play Sunday was because Awuzie was 100% healthy and playing well. Great corner play always makes your safties look better.

To me, it looks like Heath has been more inconsistent, but I’m nothing special judging safety play

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL......My God its the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. This franchise has fallen in the dumps when the worst safety tandem the NFL has EVER seen are called pro bowlers. LOL

The worst the NFL has ever seen? That's as much an exaggeration as calling them ProBowl level.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ertz is the best TE in the game. No matter who watches him he still gets a ton passes completed to him.

No hes not the best TE in the game and no he doesn't go for 145 yards every game. But nice try defending the Horrid Heath. Heath is terrible. No amount of laughable excuses can change that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, it looks like Heath has been more inconsistent, but I’m nothing special judging safety play

Heath makes a small handful of outstanding plays, and a small handful of notably bad plays, and most of the time in between is an average player.

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
For the life of me I cant see what people see in Heath. He belongs on special teams. I thought it was like some running joke that I was missing with people saying he is good but I'm starting to see people actually think he is good. He was bad Sunday also besides that tackle on Ertz. He cant cover, takes horrible angles, cant tackle.. What is he actually good at?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ertz is the best TE in the game. No matter who watches him he still gets a ton passes completed to him.
hes not averaging 145 a game bro..he blew us to pieces..thats on mostly safetys and corners..like I said Heath woods decent Safetys but priority one is a stud safety in FA or Draft

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No hes not the best TE in the game and no he doesn't go for 145 yards every game. But nice try defending the Horrid Heath. Heath is terrible. No amount of laughable excuses can change that.

He is on pace for 1403 yards this season. He's 8th in yards per game. Not amongst TEs, but 8th in the NFL in yards per game.

That's insanely good. The only guys he's behind? Julio, Michael Thomas, Thielan, Hopkins, Odell, Evans, and Tyreke.

For reference. Gronk has never had 1400 yards in a season.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is on pace for 1403 yards this season. He's 8th in yards per game. Not amongst TEs, but 8th in the NFL in yards per game.

That's insanely good. The only guys he's behind? Julio, Michael Thomas, Thielan, Hopkins, Odell, Evans, and Tyreke.

For reference. Gronk has never had 1400 yards in a season.

1403/16 does not equal 145 yards per game... its not even 100. Its 87.6 or about 60% of that. If you take out his 145 from our game that drops to 83.9.

Not saying he is not good or isn't having a nice season, but Sunday night we helped increase the average you brought up, not kept it where it was or lowered it. He almost had twice as many yards against us as he average per game coming in.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not often a dallas defense has 4 different players defend a pass but it happened vs the eagles. Hope it continues.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
giphy.gif

lukin2006

Reaction score
Heath is what he is. Every once in a while he'll make a great play, like the one that stopped the Eagles on 4th down, but he'll often miss a tackle that goes for a big play. I do think we need to upgrade the safety position.

Cmac

Reaction score
Slow down....just slow down. Heath makes Pro Bowl if 2 or 3 other safeties can't go.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Not really trying to defend Heath. But I feel that Ertz is one of the best TE if not the best.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
hes not averaging 145 a game bro..he blew us to pieces..thats on mostly safetys and corners..like I said Heath woods decent Safetys but priority one is a stud safety in FA or Draft

He's about to break Witten's record for the most catches by a TE in like 5 games or so. He's one of the best if not the best. But your right we do have an issue with our Safeties. They just aren't that good.

jay94

Reaction score
There was plenty of bad on Xavier Woods too, he absolutely can't tackle and as last line of defense that is a HUGE DEAL.

tm1119

Reaction score
OP would probably need to change his underwear if we actually ever get real talent at the S level. Oh wait what am I thinking, that will never happen because our front office doesn’t think it’s an important position. OP is safe

aria

Reaction score
Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods

Heath and Woods each played at pro-bowl levels in the game Sunday night. Jeff Heath was making key stops throughout the game. Throw in the fake punt and that tackle on the TE. Heath was impressive.

After the 1st quarter, Woods was amazing as well. I think he had 3 or 4 pass break-ups. This excellent safety play is what Dallas needs on defense against the Falcons. I think they had 14 tackles. I also want to note that this was without D-Law getting sacks.

If D-Law and the pass-rush can get back on track, I think the Cowboys have now arrived on each level of the defense. The team can make a run, they are clicking in all phases.

What did you guys think about Heath and Woods? Heckuv a game.
I don’t think much of either until they play a top 10 offense. I’m not saying that to be rude but this defense has only faced two offenses in the top 15 and those teams are 13th and 14th. I honestly wish the Cowboys had a more difficult schedule so I could feel better or worse about their record.