Jeff Heath at Foxboro

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Heath is a solid player and that has been true for a long time.

Unfortunately it took a game and a half of Darian Thompson for much of this fanbase to understand what they're watching.

Sydla

Reaction score
He is. You're wrong once again. End of discussion.

This is what cracks me up about you guys............ one game suddenly trumps the other results. Heath has been nothing but an average, at best, safety all year. He had a nice game yesterday but any fool who thinks we are set at SS going forward is just that............ a fool.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Not in my eyes. He played well enough considering the circumstances. Same goes for Brady.

Fair enough.
Frankly I don't think Brady lit the world on fire either yesterday. But he didn't make any big mistakes and Dak made a few.
that wasn't "the" difference. I think Special Teams was probalby the biggest of many factors in the loss.

Conditions were tough. No argument there.
but if you're going to demand $40 million a year, then conditions are no longer an excuse imo.
if you're asking for that kind of money, you are expected to perform week in and week out. Period.

JMHO

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what cracks me up about you guys............ one game suddenly trumps the other results. Heath has been nothing but an average, at best, safety all year. He had a nice game yesterday but any fool who thinks we are set at SS going forward is just that............ a fool.
Go cry to someone who cares. Cowboys staff know how good Heath is which is why he remains a starter and a team captain.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fair enough.
Frankly I don't think Brady lit the world on fire either yesterday. But he didn't make any big mistakes and Dak made a few.
that wasn't "the" difference. I think Special Teams was probalby the biggest of many factors in the loss.

Conditions were tough. No argument there.
but if you're going to demand $40 million a year, then conditions are no longer an excuse imo.
if you're asking for that kind of money, you are expected to perform week in and week out. Period.

JMHO
What mistakes did Dak make? I could name a few mistakes Brady made, but I don't blame him for it considering how ugly the weather they played in.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What mistakes did Dak make? I could name a few mistakes Brady made, but I don't blame him for it considering how ugly the weather they played in.

threw a bad INT for sure.
Missed a lot of makeable throws.

Yes, I acknowledge the weather had an impact. I'm not arguing that.
But again, as I said, if you are going to demand $40 million, you must make plays no matter what the weather is.

Sydla

Reaction score
Go cry to someone who cares. Cowboys staff know how good Heath is which is why he remains a starter and a team captain.

Because we don't really have any other options at SS. Thompson, who is average himself, and Wilson, a rookie.

There's a reason the Cowboys went after Adams. Even they know they probably could use an upgrade at SS at this point.

cern

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I give this guy a ton of heat about his play, but lost in all the hoopla about the game yesterday, was the play of Heath. He came to play and I thought he was a positive from an otherwise negative team display. I know everybody is up in arms about the loss still but I think he deserves some credit for his performance.

:thumbup:
he played well. probably best player on defense yesterday.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is good for one nice game per season, so there it is..yay

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
threw a bad INT for sure.
Missed a lot of makeable throws.

Yes, I acknowledge the weather had an impact. I'm not arguing that.
But again, as I said, if you are going to demand $40 million, you must make plays no matter what the weather is.
You're going to blame that interception on Dak? That ball was placed right on Amari, which Amari lost the fight for that ball. The problem was the throw was a second or two late thanks to Frederick's terrible high snap. Amari also didn't get much separation at all on that short crossing route. Actually, Amari didn't show up at all all game long. You are placing blame on the wrong player bro.

Proof

Reaction score
The same people constantly trashing Heath (and his 1.8 million base salary) for not being Ed Reed, are the same people falling all over themselves making excuses for Dak and demanding he be paid like Brady and Brees combined

Dak has all pros littering the o line. He has Gallup, Cooper, the leagues leading rusher 2 of the past 3 years and we can't even sniff the end zone yesterday and everyone can't wait tor roll out the excuse parade

Meanwhile Heath isn't giving us 10 interceptions per year and people bag on him constantly

Shows how ridiculous Cowboys fans can be

nah this reach of a ridiculous comparison does that as well as possible.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're going to blame that interception on Dak? That ball was placed right on Amari, which Amari lost the fight for that ball. The problem was the throw was a second or two late thanks to Frederick's terrible high snap. Amari also didn't get much separation at all on that short crossing route. Actually, Amari didn't show up at all all game long. You are placing blame on the wrong player bro.

Poor throw underthrown or Dak should have just thrown it out of bounds......BAD THROW and ya accuracy is his no 1 problem!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because we don't really have any other options at SS. Thompson, who is average himself, and Wilson, a rookie.

There's a reason the Cowboys went after Adams. Even they know they probably could use an upgrade at SS at this point.
It doesn't change the fact that Heath is our best Safety on the team, overall. Period.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans underestimate how well he plays because he's not the best at his position. Good player and he had a really good game.

Heath has more heart and gusto in his little pinky than the rest of the defense....

P.S. Just doesn't have the God-given talent....

Rayman70

Reaction score
I GUESS I should admit now..why Dallas felt they could pass on drafting a safety. They liked Heath..and now I see why..tho it would be nice to have another stud on the back end.