Jeff Heath at Foxboro

erod

Reaction score
Heath should be one of the top nickel safeties in the NFL. Not a starter.

Incredibly gutty effort yesterday. Toughest dude on the team.

Meanwhile, Zeke couldn't run more than twice without tapping out of the game

Sydla

Reaction score
It doesn't change the fact that Heath is our best Safety on the team, overall. Period.

Woods is better.

Note, I am not saying Woods is great. But he's a better, more versatile safety.

If you buy into PFF, they have Woods with a 75 rating making him an above average starter. Heath is at 60.

Heath is a solid, nickle, dime defender and special teams leader. There is nothing wrong with that and I have no problem with him being on this team for the next 7-8 years in that role. The Cowboys absolutely need to upgrade his starting position this offseason.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're going to blame that interception on Dak? That ball was placed right on Amari, which Amari lost the fight for that ball. The problem was the throw was a second or two late thanks to Frederick's terrible high snap. Amari also didn't get much separation at all on that short crossing route. Actually, Amari didn't show up at all all game long. You are placing blame on the wrong player bro.

The Ball needed to be in front of cooper not behind him. This is where we will argue about accuracy. Dak gets the ball to the receiver is technically true but it was bad placement that allowed the DB a chance to grab it. This happens alot with Dak. He gets the ball to the guy but not where it needs to be. He misses by inches and it cost us the game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The same people constantly trashing Heath (and his 1.8 million base salary) for not being Ed Reed, are the same people falling all over themselves making excuses for Dak and demanding he be paid like Brady and Brees combined

Dak has all pros littering the o line. He has Gallup, Cooper, the leagues leading rusher 2 of the past 3 years and we can't even sniff the end zone yesterday and everyone can't wait tor roll out the excuse parade

Meanwhile Heath isn't giving us 10 interceptions per year and people bag on him constantly

Shows how ridiculous Cowboys fans can be
Sticky this to the front page so everyone sees it before they're allowed to post

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You're going to blame that interception on Dak? That ball was placed right on Amari, which Amari lost the fight for that ball. The problem was the throw was a second or two late thanks to Frederick's terrible high snap. Amari also didn't get much separation at all on that short crossing route. Actually, Amari didn't show up at all all game long. You are placing blame on the wrong player bro.

I'm not the only one.
Brad/Babe both roasted him pretty hard as well.

Yes the snap was high but he was (as you correctly noted) late and behind on the throw.
Unfortunately that isn't an isolated occurence with Dak.

he's been better lately but he's late and behind. Frequently. Not trying to start a fight bro. Just giving you an honest assessment from the other side.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Heath has more heart and gusto in his little pinky than the rest of the defense....

P.S. Just doesn't have the God-given talent....

Heath is a modern day Bill Bates.
The only difference is Bates played on some truly great teams.
these guys are startlingly similar.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
nah this reach of a ridiculous comparison does that as well as possible.

How so?

why make tons of excused for a guy who's demanding to be paid more than anyone in the history of the league, while simultaneously relentless bashing a guy who makes less than $2 million a year for his "lack of production and impact"?

How is that a reach and a ridiculous comparison?

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL.

Dude. It was a bad pass. It happens. Trying to argue that it was a perfect pass is just silly at this time. He tried to force a pass into a well covered Cooper.

The fact you are saying Cooper needed to fight for the ball tells you it wasn't a great pass. If a WR has to have a tug of war with a DB for a completion, that's not a smart pass.

Proof

Reaction score
How so?

why make tons of excused for a guy who's demanding to be paid more than anyone in the history of the league, while simultaneously relentless bashing a guy who makes less than $2 million a year for his "lack of production and impact"?

How is that a reach and a ridiculous comparison?

umm Dak makes less than 2 mil a year too lol, and has been our best player this year, and the heart of the franchise. heath is a scrub with heart who makes the occasional flash play. people 'bash' heath as more of an organizational philosophy of not upgrading such an important position.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
umm Dak makes less than 2 mil a year too lol, and has been our best player this year, and the heart of the franchise. heath is a scrub with heart who makes the occasional flash play. people 'bash' heath as more of an organizational philosophy of not upgrading such an important position.

again--Heath isn't demanding $40 million a year moving forward.
And neither are a majority of his fans.

Night and day comparison.
Many post as if there are "no" excuses for Heath when he makes a boneheaded play, while simultaneously backing up a brinks truck full of excuses (and cash) for Dak when he falls short.

I'm not saying perfection is the standard for Dak, or any player.
But I am saying, if you are demanding to be paid more than anyone else in the history of professional football, then your excuse leash should be considerably shorter than it is for someone like Jeff Heath.

would you agree?

Proof

Reaction score
again--Heath isn't demanding $40 million a year moving forward.
And neither are a majority of his fans.

Night and day comparison.
Many post as if there are "no" excuses for Heath when he makes a boneheaded play, while simultaneously backing up a brinks truck full of excuses (and cash) for Dak when he falls short.

I'm not saying perfection is the standard for Dak, or any player.
But I am saying, if you are demanding to be paid more than anyone else in the history of professional football, then your excuse leash should be considerably shorter than it is for someone like Jeff Heath.

would you agree?

Sure. On the same note, when you're a 4th rounder and day 1 starter making ~ 3 million over 4 years there should be a level of realistic expectation no? Guys done far, far, far more than we could have expected, hoped for, and definitely more than we've paid for. And the level of good/great exceeds the frustrating plays or shortcomings. He gets excuses because at times there are legitimate reasons beyond his control. When he deserves to be criticized or dogged he absolutely is.

But yes, the reason why it's common for Heath to be the whipping boy and Dak to 'have excuses' is because Dak is a far better player, impacts the game far more frequently, and has done far more to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Once he has a 40 million dollar price tag attached, I'm sure folks will be far more critical. Deservedly so.

starfan1

Reaction score
The same people constantly trashing Heath (and his 1.8 million base salary) for not being Ed Reed, are the same people falling all over themselves making excuses for Dak and demanding he be paid like Brady and Brees combined

Dak has all pros littering the o line. He has Gallup, Cooper, the leagues leading rusher 2 of the past 3 years and we can't even sniff the end zone yesterday and everyone can't wait tor roll out the excuse parade

Meanwhile Heath isn't giving us 10 interceptions per year and people bag on him constantly

Shows how ridiculous Cowboys fans can be

exaggerate much?

CB61

Reaction score
Heath should be one of the top nickel safeties in the NFL. Not a starter.

Incredibly gutty effort yesterday. Toughest dude on the team.

Meanwhile, Zeke couldn't run more than twice without tapping out of the game
I mentioned last night that the defense seemed to be playing better with Jeff Heath in there I know that's hard to Fathom but it might be the truth

starfan1

Reaction score
sometimes but not in this case

when has heath given us 10 interceptions let alone 10 a year? and which poster thinks dak should be paid like Brady and Brees combined? Now having said all that I like Heath and thinks he gets unfairly piled on. He has a gaff now and then but hes been serviceable for us and if we were to get rid of someone in secondary he wouldn't be my first choice