jeff smardja **ND/Stanford Game**

burmafrd

Reaction score
I don't know about that- Texas can really put points on the board, and Vince Young can make plays against GOOD D's, let alone USC's. Texas also has a very talented D that makes plays as well. Of course, Carrol is 5 times the coach that Mack Brown is, so USC will proabably win. On a pure talent level overall, Texas has more.

zagnut

Reaction score
CalCBFan said:
Oh yea, and that Stanford NT (I couldn't begin to spell his name) would be a good one to start training to take over for Ferguerson...

What, you can't spell Babatunde Oshinowo? :)

I agree though. He would be a very good NT to develop. Had a great season for a guy on the nose. 50-sumthin tackles, 10 TFL and 4 1/2 sacks.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
Yet another person too dense to grasp a basic concept.

Yes, their schedule ENDED up being a bit easy.

But they didn't INTEND it to be that way. The scheduled tough teams before the season started. I'm sure if they had a freakin' crystal ball and could see which teams would END UP being the "Good" teams they would of scheduled some of those teams instead.

:rolleyes:
No Rack, I really think your the dense one. College programs schedule games 3-4 years in advance. So, they have no idea what to expect down the road. So once again, it doesn't matter what polls thought about ND or what they thought, because when the teams stepped on the field to play ND, they were weak. This is the prime example why pre-season polls mean nothing. For people like you.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
Hes not a WR hes a TE and hes been making big plays all year. He is deadly in the redzone has great hands, catches the ball well in traffic and has a knack for the big play. I live in Indiana and have seen most of NDs game this he and he is definately Brady's favorite option. He is very impressive but I will stick with Witten.

Fasano is the TE.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i'm a texas a&m fan............

i just like the way this jeff guy plays ball.
i like receivers who have great hands and can take it to the house.

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No way, no shape, no how. You left off part of their schedule.

You pick any team in the country and I'll show you some patty cake opponents.

USC at #1?

Arizona
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State
Stanford

Texas @ #2?

Texas A & M
Baylor
Rice
Louisiana Lafayette
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma

Penn State @ #3?

South Florida
Cincinnati
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue

Looks patty cake to me.
Hey Rack, you paying attention? This is what happens when you schedule 3-4 years in advance, not the year before like you think. Everyone expects to play a tough schedule, especially with the BCS rules now, but it doesn't always pan out that way.

zagnut

Reaction score
Unfortunately pre-season polls end up having a pretty big influence in the end result.

Oregon and Notre Dame both started out unranked in the AP. Oregon actually received 97 votes from pollsters. Notre Dame received just 1.

Notre Dame beats Pittsburgh and jumps from a single vote to rank 20th in the AP. It takes Oregon 3 wins before they can make it into the top 25 (24th).

Last year's schedule and this year's expectations should have zero to do with this year results, but it's a silly system we have. Someone looking raise up their team by pointing out Opponent X, Y, and Z really should have been good this year would be laughed at in any other sport. The Michigan win vaults Notre Dame into the top 10 while Oregon's Fresno St win has virtually no effect due to preseason perceptions.

Even if there were a playoff system, it would still be screwy because of the use of pre and early season rankings and the influence of money.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
The cumulative record of Notre Dame's opponents was 54-52. The cumulative record of Oregon's opponents was 50-43.

Notre Dame averaged 38.18 PPG. Oregon has averaged 36.36.

Oregon averaged 23.7 PPG allowed, ND averaged 23.6.

ND averaged 489 yards per game, Oregon averaged 449.

Oregon allowed 357 yards per game, ND allowed 377.

Neither team played top opponents every week. Both teams have good offenses. Neither team has a great defense.

burmafrd

Reaction score
But bottom line is that Oregon was owned by USC while ND just barely lost.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Samardzija remind you of a pre-developed Matt Jones?

I'm not saying he can run a 4.3 cuz truthfully I have no idea, he looks fast blowing past defenders. He is 6'5, makes great catches in the clutch. Doesnt Samardzija seem like the player they think Matt Jones will end up being?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Is it just me or does Samardzija remind you of a pre-developed Matt Jones?

I'm not saying he can run a 4.3 cuz truthfully I have no idea, he looks fast blowing past defenders. He is 6'5, makes great catches in the clutch. Doesnt Samardzija seem like the player they think Matt Jones will end up being?

To be honest with you, he reminds me of a young Cris Collinsworth or maybe Herman Moore.

joseephuss

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Unfortunately pre-season polls end up having a pretty big influence in the end result.

Oregon and Notre Dame both started out unranked in the AP. Oregon actually received 97 votes from pollsters. Notre Dame received just 1.

Notre Dame beats Pittsburgh and jumps from a single vote to rank 20th in the AP. It takes Oregon 3 wins before they can make it into the top 25 (24th).

Last year's schedule and this year's expectations should have zero to do with this year results, but it's a silly system we have. Someone looking raise up their team by pointing out Opponent X, Y, and Z really should have been good this year would be laughed at in any other sport. The Michigan win vaults Notre Dame into the top 10 while Oregon's Fresno St win has virtually no effect due to preseason perceptions.

Even if there were a playoff system, it would still be screwy because of the use of pre and early season rankings and the influence of money.

Nothing? It should do something with it. Maybe not as much as is currently emphasized, but it does count for something when the team that won it all last year returns Bush, Leinart and a bunch of other very good players. It will matter next season when those guys are gone.

It is a screwy system. Here is rooting for UCLA and Colorado to make things more screwy. Then maybe someone will at least think about fixing it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Nothing? It should do something with it. Maybe not as much as is currently emphasized, but it does count for something when the team that won it all last year returns Bush, Leinart and a bunch of other very good players. It will matter next season when those guys are gone.

It is a screwy system. Here is rooting for UCLA and Colorado to make things more screwy. Then maybe someone will at least think about fixing it.

Josee, I like ya. I'd even say that your one of my favorite posters here. On the other hand, if Colorado manages to insert a turd in the UT punch (Rose) Bowl, I'll have to kill you for what you just said.

It won't be personel mind you. It's just the pricipality of the whole thing.

:]