They do?

Pittsburgh
BYU
Stanford
Tennessee (this year)
Navy
Syracuse
Michigan (this year)

That is the patty cake schedule of the century.

Pitt - BCS last year
Tenn and Michigan had down years but still had respectable wins over LSU and Penn State.
Syracuse kicked the crap out of us last year. Just pay back
Stanford is average no doubt
Navy is our yearly one winner. Everyone one has at least one of those...or three

At the beggning of the year ND had 3 top 5 teams. Michigan State went up to #9 after beating us. It's not our fault they tank after they play us.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Miami has been in a conference for a few years, and definitely since the BCS so your comment lacks merit

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Naruto said:
Pitt - BCS last year
Tenn and Michigan had down years but still had respectable wins over LSU and Penn State.
Syracuse kicked the crap out of us last year. Just pay back
Stanford is average no doubt
Navy is our yearly one winner. Everyone one has at least one of those...or three

At the beggning of the year ND had 3 top 5 teams. Michigan State went up to #9 after beating us. It's not our fault they tank after they play us.

Who cares about last year, Pitt is terrible this year as is Michigan.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
That WAS a good game. Stanford had several players on their D that I wouldn't mind seeing in a Cowboys uniform. There was a LB (#47 I think) named Schimmler or something like that. I also like that ND WR Crowell (#20?) but he has a bad ankle in this game, and NDs TE Faisano (sp?). I thought Stanford's 2ndary did a decent job against a bunch of 6'5'' WRs...

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Oh yea, and that Stanford NT (I couldn't begin to spell his name) would be a good one to start training to take over for Ferguerson...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Who cares about last year, Pitt is terrible this year as is Michigan.

You COMPLETELY Missed the point. It's easy to look at it AFTER the season, but they scheduled those teams BEFORE the season started, when they WERE ranked high. If they had beat USC, then USC went on to lose 4 more games would that be considered part of a "Patty Cake" Schedule too?

50cent

Reaction score
Im with CCF on this one. NDs schedule was soft. Pre-season rankings and when they scheduled them means nothing until they hit the field. They played a soft schedule because this years versions of those top 3-5 teams were terrible. By the way, Weis is doing that good job with that soft schedule along with TY WILLINGHAM"S PLAYERS!

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
It's doubtful that Samardzija will come out. He's had a real good year. I thought he had the chance to be decent when he showed flashes last year, but nothing like he has been.

Stovall(21) hadn't done much before this year, but Weis got him in shape and lit a fire under him. Good all around receiver, good body control, good run blocker, not real fast off the line. Tough, too.

One of the records they mentioned was, it's ND's first time having a 3,000 yard passer, a 1,000 yard rusher, and two 1,000 yard receivers.

The kicker should have been pulled. They did for one kick, and I have no idea why they put him back out there. He was injured while punting last week and kicking with that brace on wasn't working. He's not spectacular, but he's consistent. Those are kicks he makes 99% of the time when healthy.

Walker actually has a decent burst, but doesn't have real breakaway speed. He also dances a little too much for my liking sometimes. He's tough runner though, good hands, pretty good on blitz pickups.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
Im with CCF on this one. NDs schedule was soft. Pre-season rankings and when they scheduled them means nothing until they hit the field. They played a soft schedule because this years versions of those top 3-5 teams were terrible. By the way, Weis is doing that good job with that soft schedule along with TY WILLINGHAM"S PLAYERS!

Yet another person too dense to grasp a basic concept.

Yes, their schedule ENDED up being a bit easy.

But they didn't INTEND it to be that way. The scheduled tough teams before the season started. I'm sure if they had a freakin' crystal ball and could see which teams would END UP being the "Good" teams they would of scheduled some of those teams instead.

:rolleyes:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
DC-freecrack.jpg

"Hes a TE baby, I swear"

LMAO that is some funny stuff!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Have to laugh at the ND haters- you can tell they are gritting their teeth and desperately trying to not lay on the floor and beating their fists, in frustration.
The Irish are BACK and they will have to suffer!!!
By the way- WHo DID OREGON BEAT?
Ohio State and ND should be the BCS at large teams- no doubt about it.
ND special teams really made that game close. 2 missed FG's and a missed XP.
(Gee, something we know ALL ABOUT, DON'T WE?)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
They do?

Pittsburgh
BYU
Stanford
Tennessee (this year)
Navy
Syracuse
Michigan (this year)

No way, no shape, no how. You left off part of their schedule.

You pick any team in the country and I'll show you some patty cake opponents.

USC at #1?

Arizona
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State
Stanford

Texas @ #2?

Texas A & M
Baylor
Rice
Louisiana Lafayette
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma

Penn State @ #3?

South Florida
Cincinnati
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue

Looks patty cake to me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Have to laugh at the ND haters- you can tell they are gritting their teeth and desperately trying to not lay on the floor and beating their fists, in frustration.
The Irish are BACK and they will have to suffer!!!
By the way- WHo DID OREGON BEAT?
Ohio State and ND should be the BCS at large teams- no doubt about it.
ND special teams really made that game close. 2 missed FG's and a missed XP.
(Gee, something we know ALL ABOUT, DON'T WE?)
That's a load of crap. I hate Notre Dame as much or more than anyone on this forum and I haven't tried to take anything away from them.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
They do?

Pittsburgh
BYU
Stanford
Tennessee (this year)
Navy
Syracuse
Michigan (this year)

Of the century? That's quite a stretch. Some of these major conferences are awful this year, just awful. Texas and the Big 12? The Pac-10 has some terrible teams as well. Oregon played Houston, Montana, Fresno St., USC, Stanford, Arizona St., Washington, Arizona, Cal., Washington St. and Oregon St. That's weak. Anyhow, shouldn't you be worrying about how the Canucks season is going and what the big off season plans are in store for the BC Lions instead of "hating" on ND? Give it up. ND IS going to a BCS game, deal with it. And get used to it.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
Hes not a WR hes a TE and hes been making big plays all year. He is deadly in the redzone has great hands, catches the ball well in traffic and has a knack for the big play. I live in Indiana and have seen most of NDs game this he and he is definately Brady's favorite option. He is very impressive but I will stick with Witten.

People, if we're going to devote a whole thread to ND at least know what you are talking about. Jeff Samardzija IS a WR. Always has been. He's 6-5 and about 215 lbs. He's not a TE. If you've watched every game and even live in Indiana you should know he's not a TE.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No way, no shape, no how. You left off part of their schedule.

You pick any team in the country and I'll show you some patty cake opponents.

USC at #1?

Arizona
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State
Stanford

Texas @ #2?

Texas A & M
Baylor
Rice
Louisiana Lafayette
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma

Penn State @ #3?

South Florida
Cincinnati
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue

Looks patty cake to me.

:clap2:

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Kinda unfair that Oregon lsot to only USC, and ND lsot to USC and Michigan and will go over them.

If the nation wants to see them or not, its reallyt fair

I know this doesn't help ND's strength of schedule, but ND lost to Michigan St. not Michigan. They beat Michigan. Get the facts straight.

burmafrd

Reaction score
And remember that PItt was rated in the top 25 when ND played them. Michigan was top 5. Purdue was supposed to be a favorite for the Big 10 title. BYU and Stanford were both thought to be bowl teams. Navy is a bowl team. Tenn was a favorite for the SEC championship. Pre season this was considerd the toughest schedule in the country. Michigan State was on a roll untill they self destructed at OSU- and even then they still dominated most of the game. ND just barely lost to Michigan State in OT; lost to USC on the last play of the game. A couple of things happen differently and right now ND is #1 and getting ready to play for the NC. Oregon- got wasted by 29 points by USC. And the game wasn't even THAT close. The PAC 10 outside of USC has no really good teams- UCLA is kind of up and down, Oregon played no one- and the one top team they DID play wasted them. Stanford played lights out against ND because that WAS their bowl game. Most teams bring their best when they play ND because they are playing NOTRE DAME. Of what other team can THAT be said?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are focused on ND's schedule. While my fav. team, USC, has played as many ranked teams as any team in the country, take a look at the Texas schedule.

Mark my word, Texas is last year's Oklahoma...looking good on paper, but USC will dismantle Texas the way they did Oklahoma.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I can't believe you guys are focused on ND's schedule. While my fav. team, USC, has played as many ranked teams as any team in the country, take a look at the Texas schedule.

Mark my word, Texas is last year's Oklahoma...looking good on paper, but USC will dismantle Texas the way they did Oklahoma.

I did bring up how weak the Big 12 is. USC will beat Texas easily.