Jeremiah mock 3/1/16

manster4ever

Reaction score
Tell me if I'm wrong. If the cap limits your money available to spend.
You must spread that money over the entire team.Spending too
much in one area will have consequences in other areas of the team.
Thus spending four first round money on the offensive line would
be an enormous investment, would be hog tie other
positions?

Not IMO...no, it wouldn't

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If you see how he talks and think he still doesn't smoke, thats on you.

Granted the dude is a ringer for Spicoli, doesn't mean that he is a pothead. You don't base a the 4th pick on a stereotype and you justifiably had a crush on Phoebe Cates.

I don't want him at no.4, but I won't call him a pothead without some kind of justification.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can build a dominant unit on the OL you do it regardless of the cap. Unless you are exceptional in the draft on a consistent basis the salary cap means all teams will have to "get by" at some areas on the roster.

This is why I always beat the drum to make that area CB as I feel it's the least impactful position on the field. Comfortable QBs will make enough plays on you to consistently move the football and put up points. You're not going to out cover teams to a title. That's been true over the history of the league and even more so in this era. The talk of using top 5 picks at this position is nauseating to me.

visionary

Reaction score
If you can build a dominant unit on the OL you do it regardless of the cap. Unless you are exceptional in the draft on a consistent basis the salary cap means all teams will have to "get by" at some areas on the roster.

This is why I always beat the drum to make that area CB as I feel it's the least impactful position on the field. Comfortable QBs will make enough plays on you to consistently move the football and put up points. You're not going to out cover teams to a title. That's been true over the history of the league and even more so in this era. The talk of using top 5 picks at this position is nauseating to me.

You are obviously ignorant of the concept of 'coverage sacks'

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Granted the dude is a ringer for Spicoli, doesn't mean that he is a pothead. You don't base a the 4th pick on a stereotype and you justifiably had a crush on Phoebe Cates.

I don't want him at no.4, but I won't call him a pothead without some kind of justification.

He was suspended for smoking.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I think you're right when it comes to tackles, but very wrong when it comes to the interior guys and the average salary for veterans who hit free agency and the average pick for the first CB or first interior o-lineman over the course of any number of years would say otherwise. I get you don't like CBs and love o-linemen, it's a lot easier to hide a poor RG or LG, even a center as opposed to a starting CB. And while Morris Claiborne was a huge mistake, he's not the typical case of what happens when you take a CB high, just like I wouldn't say Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack are the typical case of what happens when you take a guard high.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

manster4ever

Reaction score
I would trade down before taking Bosa. I know we need pass rushers but I just can't buy into this guy. I think there is more upside and opportunity in a trade down vs. drafting Bosa at 4.

Damn straight.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Who didn't have a crush on Phoebe Cates!??!

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He was suspended for smoking.

How many smoke and don't get suspended? I don't even care that they smoke, but if your going into the draft and you can't pass the tests for the most important point in your life thus far, then maybe you have something else going on.

Again, not a Bosa fan, but I won't judge his actions on the way he speaks. Maybe, if he spits up a 7 on the Wonderlic.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Im not sure why so many people think SF will go qb. I expect kap to be there qb for the next 2 seasons at least.

They gave his agent permission to seek a trade.
If you see how he talks and think he still doesn't smoke, thats on you.

Absolute ignorance.

Also, I can tell you first hand (at least in the case of the NBA) FAR more professional athletes are smoking weed than you would ever believe.

I understand that it's a band substance and still illegal in most states, but this "stoner" stereotype is so dead it takes someone of pure ignorance, or someone with an agenda to say something like you just did. Some of the most high functioning people on the planet smoke marijuana recreationally (punny, ain't it).

Reaction score
I would trade down before taking Bosa. I know we need pass rushers but I just can't buy into this guy. I think there is more upside and opportunity in a trade down vs. drafting Bosa at 4.

Bosa is a pothead version of Greg Ellis. I watched that Combine press conference and right there decided I wanted no part of him.

I want a QB. But if not, I definitely don't want Bosa.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
They gave his agent permission to seek a trade.

Absolute ignorance.

Also, I can tell you first hand (at least in the case of the NBA) FAR more professional athletes are smoking weed than you would ever believe.

I understand that it's a band substance and still illegal in most states, but this "stoner" stereotype is so dead it takes someone of pure ignorance, or someone with an agenda to say something like you just did. Some of the most high functioning people on the planet smoke marijuana recreationally (punny, ain't it).

I've seen multiple people with close ties to NBA/NFL players and locker rooms state something similar. It's also been said on the sports talk radio shows just about every time a player gets suspended for it. Each time they've talked about it, they said if they had to estimate, the number of players who smoked weed would be well north of 50% and probably approaching 70-80%, possibly more.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Plus, the first years of their contracts are pretty structured.
First round pick Center taken at 31 +
First round pick Guard taken at 16 +
First round pick Tackle taken at 9 = the same as

First round pick Cornerback taken at 31+
First round pick Defensive End taken at 16+
First round pick Linebacker

It's when their rookie contracts expire when you have to worry about paying too much at one position versus others.