Jeremiah mock 3/1/16

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
They gave his agent permission to seek a trade.

Absolute ignorance.

Also, I can tell you first hand (at least in the case of the NBA) FAR more professional athletes are smoking weed than you would ever believe.

I understand that it's a band substance and still illegal in most states, but this "stoner" stereotype is so dead it takes someone of pure ignorance, or someone with an agenda to say something like you just did. Some of the most high functioning people on the planet smoke marijuana recreationally (punny, ain't it).

What are you talking about? I didnt say it was bad, I just said he probably still does it. Jerimiah contradicted himself saying Gregory cant be trusted while advocating Bosa being drafted when they both smoke. But yes, I also dont want him.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The 49ers and Rams think Christmas has come early and the Cowboys pick the 2016 version of Greg Ellis.

Great!

egn22

Reaction score
Bosa is a pothead version of Greg Ellis. I watched that Combine press conference and right there decided I wanted no part of him.

I want a QB. But if not, I definitely don't want Bosa.

Doesn't seem as bad as you make it out to be. I see a guy that's tired and that just wants to push through the one of his last interviews. He actually said he was exhausted and kept rubbing his eyes.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If you can build a dominant unit on the OL you do it regardless of the cap. Unless you are exceptional in the draft on a consistent basis the salary cap means all teams will have to "get by" at some areas on the roster.

This is why I always beat the drum to make that area CB as I feel it's the least impactful position on the field. Comfortable QBs will make enough plays on you to consistently move the football and put up points. You're not going to out cover teams to a title. That's been true over the history of the league and even more so in this era. The talk of using top 5 picks at this position is nauseating to me.

Except that the last truly dominant oline to win a Super Bowl may have been the Dallas Cowboys and they weren't made up of first round picks.
I think the Cowboys need to build the dline which has proven to be a group that can win you Super Bowls consistently.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care if any of the players smoke weed as long as they only smoke from May through March. The NFL only tests once per year (usually late April) unless you come back with a positive result. Essentially, you have to be a complete idiot to get busted in the NFL for smoking weed. If he didn't come back positive at the combine, someone must have taught him the golden rule already.

He isn't "Randy Gregory" stupid.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I dont think bosa would have an immediate impact

Running backs and linebackers are much more effective as rookies than players at other positions other than return men on special teams. Next would be WR's and QB's.

Pretty simple answer, both positions are very much reliant on instincts and reaction time. Unlike a quarterback, an offensive lineman, or a wide receiver, the playbook does not expand a whole lot for a running back in transitioning to the NFL. Certainly adjustments need to be made – new blocking assignments, an increased role catching passes out of the backfield, etc. – but by and large running backs are relying on good blocking up front, an ability to quickly assess a situation and react to it, and their own physical gifts. Yes, the defense will be better prepared and conditioned than most they will face in college, but key attributes for running backs like speed and agility tend to peak early on in their careers.

Similarly, the linebacker position relies on an ability to react and hit the hole. The factors that contribute to making that hole may be more complex, but the reaction time is still the same. Whether it’s figuring out a blocking scheme or adjusting to play action, linebackers are forced to rely on their instincts more than almost any other position, and while experience will certainly fine tune those instincts, for the elite young linebacker, those instincts are already there.

If we want immediate contributions figure out the best RB Elliot or Henry and best LB Jack, Ragland, Smith(2017)
I assume at Valley Ranch they have made their mind up on the QB situation if not we are in trouble come the draft. It is now the Jerry smoke screen time of the year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How many smoke and don't get suspended? I don't even care that they smoke, but if your going into the draft and you can't pass the tests for the most important point in your life thus far, then maybe you have something else going on.

Again, not a Bosa fan, but I won't judge his actions on the way he speaks. Maybe, if he spits up a 7 on the Wonderlic.

I don't care about smoking either but Gregory and Bosa both hurt their teams by failing drug tests.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except that the last truly dominant oline to win a Super Bowl may have been the Dallas Cowboys and they weren't made up of first round picks.
I think the Cowboys need to build the dline which has proven to be a group that can win you Super Bowls consistently.

If DLs can win you Super Bowls, then naturally an OL to neutralize that DL can do the same. The Broncos DL won it this year. Now what happens if the Panthers had the OL to handle them?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've seen multiple people with close ties to NBA/NFL players and locker rooms state something similar. It's also been said on the sports talk radio shows just about every time a player gets suspended for it. Each time they've talked about it, they said if they had to estimate, the number of players who smoked weed would be well north of 50% and probably approaching 70-80%, possibly more.

I am not trying to make a political statement or sound cool, it's simply for the sake of this argument, but I have personally smoked with 3 San Antonio Spurs and they apparently smoke with many more other guys.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I didnt say it was bad, I just said he probably still does it. Jerimiah contradicted himself saying Gregory cant be trusted while advocating Bosa being drafted when they both smoke. But yes, I also dont want him.

You said he obviously still smokes because of how he talks. That's just a ridiculous statement.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I am not trying to make a political statement or sound cool, it's simply for the sake of this argument, but I have personally smoked with 3 San Antonio Spurs and they apparently smoke with many more other guys.

I would believe it. I grew up in the same kind of place a lot of these young athletes do. Urban poor neighborhood and that 70-80% I said above is probably lower than what I've experienced. It's not looked at as a bad thing, or any kind of negative. It's prevalent and just something to do to have a good time.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If DLs can win you Super Bowls, then naturally an OL to neutralize that DL can do the same. The Broncos DL won it this year. Now what happens if the Panthers had the OL to handle them?

I'm not sure, but Dallas and it's world class oline sure couldn't handle Carolina.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but Dallas and it's world class oline sure couldn't handle Carolina.

yes our Oline was not very good that game but it was all on Tony,i have never seen him play so badly and make so many bad mistakes since the Buffalo game.