jerrah is sure talking alot these days

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ummm reach much? Jerry talks all the time during League meeting etc. He is part of the NFL leadership its his job lol

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
another sign that parcells' reign is almost through....

I think you are correct bro...there seems to be an air of change at VR...Mark It Down Youngin...:laugh2::laugh1:

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
well if this is parcells last year, im a little worried, he turned the franchise around and now we clearly have a team that can contend, i just hope we dont sign another campo to ruin this team

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that face lift he got a few years back is finally loosening up some so he can now move his mouth better.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Or that he likes to talk.
Or that he just saved a lot on his car insurance by switching to Geico.

superpunk

Reaction score
Another sign that God granted him the gift of speech.

Fantastic. He has a tongue, vocal chords, and lips. I'm thrilled by this news.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He paid $150,000,000 for the franchise. He now owns a team that, according to the 2005 Forbes list, is worth $1.1 BILLION.

He can say whatever he wants.

Parcells may be the real head of football operations, but he understands who signs his check.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
koolaid said:
well if this is parcells last year, im a little worried, he turned the franchise around and now we clearly have a team that can contend, i just hope we dont sign another campo to ruin this team
Campo didn't ruin this team. If you didn't notice, it started when Jimmy left.
THe star players would go over the HC, and go straight to Jones, he would give them a free pass.
Quit blaming Campo, he didn't do it.

MrPhil

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think that face lift he got a few years back is finally loosening up some so he can now move his mouth better.

GREAT sig BP! One of the best movies of all time!

:bow:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
conspiracy theory 101, lol

Jerry's got a high market team and the actions he makes effect the enitre league. And we all know the NFL has been BUSY BUSY this year; cap, new commis. etc.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
4 weeks prior, and all the way up, to the draft is a great time of year to blow some smoke.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I'm gonna need your address, so I can send you the bill for replacing the monitor I just fried spewin' diet Pepsi all over it... the keyboard may be ilkwqs, too... :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds to me like Parcells is enjoying what little vacation he gets before going back into the bunker. More power to him!

Eddie

Reaction score
panchucko said:
Campo didn't ruin this team. If you didn't notice, it started when Jimmy left.
THe star players would go over the HC, and go straight to Jones, he would give them a free pass.
Quit blaming Campo, he didn't do it.

I agree, it wasn't Campo's fault. I'm surprised he won as many games as he did with the lousy players JJ left him.

Campo didn't give up 2 1st rounders for Joey Gagaway. Campo didn't give up a 3rd for McKnight ... who the Seahawks were gonna drop anyway.

Campo didn't run those lousy drafts where we wasted pick after pick after pick after pick!!!

Campo went 5-11 on teams with a TON less talent than BP's 6-10 team.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Since everyone is throwing out their theories, here's mine.
Maybe Jones has finally gotten tired of the media and everyone thinking that Parcells is the one that is running eveything at Valley Ranch, and he is finally tired of being seen as just the guy who signs off on whatever Parcells want to do.

This goes along with what I have been saying all along, that Parcells has the same amount of power that Jimmy had, except back then Jones was just getting into the game so he relied more on Jimmy, so Jimmy got to do a whole lot more than Parcells.

But after 17 years Jones is a lot more different than he was in the beginning.
Anyway Parcells can work the bottom and the lower part of the middle of the roster, but the top of the roster Parcells has to definitely deal with Jones on any decisions, and Jones can make any decision he wants with or without conferring with Parcells, but Jones is smart and he does confer with Parcells about any decisions, but as you can see and now we are starting to hear rumors that Parcells was not with the T.O. signing(which could be true) because he wanted to keep Key, someone he knows he can count on, versus Owens who right now BP only knows what he has heard from others.

BP will be surprised by Owens, he already know how talented he is and how hard he works, they will end up having a good relationship. Now that I mentioned that, I still believe that BP was not on with the signing of Henson, so now there is possibly 2 signings that Jones has done that BP was against (imo) I still do not believe that BP wanted to go thru the same experiment he had just got out of with Hutch.
I know I know a lot of you will say that Hutch and Henson is different, but the situations for both guys are the same, they both left college and played baseball, failed and struggled to catch up at the top level of football at one of the most complexed positions on the field (well one is still struggling) but it seems he is going the same route as the guy before him.

I know some will say what about Carter, I liked Carter felt he was handled wrong from the jump, I flet he should have stood and watch on the sidelines for a year, a year and a half, maybe even 2yrs, plus I knew Coslet was a bad hiring.

The difference between Carter and the other two, is that Carter Played baseball right out of High School and yes, he failed and then he went to college and played 3 seasons and then went to the NFL. Drugs killed his career and until he conquers that demon he will not play again, and if it take he too long to conquer that demon he will not play again.

Sorry I got off, the main topic for my posting, which was that Jones can and will still do what he wants with or without BP's blessing.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
BP will be surprised by Owens, he already know how talented he is and how hard he works, they will end up having a good relationship. Now that I mentioned that, I still believe that BP was not on with the signing of Henson, so now there is possibly 2 signings that Jones has done that BP was against (imo) I still do not believe that BP wanted to go thru the same experiment he had just got out of with Hutch.

I disagree. Parcells is IN on every personnel decision. It's in his contract. JJ, though has the final say, as he has stated.

Parcells is not the kind of guy to stand around and allow things to go over his head without him knowing, especially when it comes to personnel. One need not look further than what happened in NE.

BHendri5

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
I disagree. Parcells is IN on every personnel decision. It's in his contract. JJ, though has the final say, as he has stated.

Parcells is not the kind of guy to stand around and allow things to go over his head without him knowing, especially when it comes to personnel. One need not look further than what happened in NE.

I did not say that BP was not in on the personnel decisions, He is on the personnel decisions. What I said is that when Jones want to do something, personnel wise, maybe like the Owens and Henson signing, he will do it regardless if BP likes the signing or not.

BP has no choice but to go along, if he wants to continue to coach the team, if not he would quit, but I do not think that BP wants to go out on a sour note.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
I'm gonna need your address, so I can send you the bill for replacing the monitor I just fried spewin' diet Pepsi all over it... the keyboard may be ilkwqs, too... :D

You can write all you want, but you will get no money.

I am a broke sob right now :D