Twitter: Jerry’s top 2 candidates - Urban and Josh McDaniels

visionary

Reaction score
I will punch myself in the face if we hire McDaniels.

He's a meathead, an idiot, an unmitigated egomaniac. That dipwad thought he was so much smarter than anyone else when he used a first round pick on Tim Tebow.

Then he went straight douchey when he backed out of the Colts job after taking it (which turned out to be a blessing as Reich is probably a better coach anyway).

agree
Of the realistic possibilities I’m going with Jim Harbaugh or Greg Roman

not sure of Meyers health issues and he’s never coached in the pros

gmb1

Reaction score
Didn't McDaniels fail as a head coach? Must be nice to be given a second chance if true.....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Someone, please tell me where you think McDaniel will be w/o Brady or Belichick........

Sydla

Reaction score
agree
Of the realistic possibilities I’m going with Jim Harbaugh or Greg Roman

not sure of Meyers health issues and he’s never coached in the pros

I like Roman. As someone mentioned, you want to go outside the NFL world, Ruhle would be a risky but interesting hire.

Is there a way we could somehow hire Jim Harbaugh and then secretly switch him with his brother?

Sydla

Reaction score
Pete Carroll failed the 1st time....but I wouldn't hire McDaniels

But Pete Carroll then went onto USC and had a great run there which gave Seattle a level of confidence that Carroll might be a good hire. Plus in his three years in NE, Carroll went to the playoffs twice, so his early years as a HC were not terrible.

McDaniels did squat in his two years in Denver.

There really is no comparison at this point in terms of their early years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like Roman. As someone mentioned, you want to go outside the NFL world, Ruhle would be a risky but interesting hire.

Is there a way we could somehow hire Jim Harbaugh and then secretly switch him with his brother?

I actually would be happy with just Jim Harbaugh. Yes he hasn’t been great at Michigan. But he was very successful during his short stint in the NFL and was successful at Stanford.

Proof

Reaction score
hell no to mcdaniels. that's about as perfect a recipe for disaster as I can imagine. urban is intriguing and clearly WANTS the job, which is a pretty big plus imo. i'd also be interested in chris peterson. lincoln riley number one though.

aria

Reaction score
I will punch myself in the face if we hire McDaniels.

He's a meathead, an idiot, an unmitigated egomaniac. That dipwad thought he was so much smarter than anyone else when he used a first round pick on Tim Tebow.

Then he went straight douchey when he backed out of the Colts job after taking it (which turned out to be a blessing as Reich is probably a better coach anyway).
When I first read your response I thought you were talking about yourself but realized you were talking about McDaniels after you mentioned Tebow. Either way, I agree either way.

Happy Thanksgiving Sydla.

stiletto

Reaction score
Would prefer Riley, Ruhle, or Meyer over McDaniels but I'd take him over the hapless Garrett at this point. True story.

quickccc

Reaction score
Josh Daniel is clearly and easily one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the entire NFL.

- He is great at tempo pace, and pass design routes, and he schemes so well for all of the offensive skilled position players.
I cannot think of any other offensive mind that is greater at the X’s and O’s than Daniel. His offensive system is apparently very QB friendly and several QBs
have managed to be operational and successful in that system (Brady, Grappolo, Briskett, Cassell, etc.)
He believes in using the pick pass plays and bunch formation and motion offense frequently.
And he can add exotic- trickery plays from time to time,..

- That being said there’s’ obvious ethical issues with him, he’s arrogant and inconsiderate and he continues to carry baggage
He was a controversial person from his trade of Jay Cutler upon arrival to his NFL scandal of illegally videotaping another NFL team’s practices, that led to his
firing by the Broncos organization.

- Then years after down the road, Daniel verbally agrees to become Indy Colts head coach, then after decides to renege on the Colts and decides to stay with Pats,
but that wait allowed several other HC candidates to be gone without a chance to interview them.
But the good thing for Colts was their decision to hire Frank Reich as the immediate HC. (and that seems to be working out very well)
Last I had heard the NFL was considering ways to protect hiring teams from candidates that attempt to renege on agreements like this.

- Bottom line, Daniel is too shady and unethical to be considered a HC., and he’s the type that is going to want the full power and control vs what Jerry
would want him to be, There will be eventual bumping heads between the two. I would want to get away from the chances of that kind of struggle and separation.
I would say NO to Daniel as a HC here.