Twitter: Jerry’s top 2 candidates - Urban and Josh McDaniels

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I like Urban Meyer too. But I’m not sure he would agree to the kind of interference that’s baked into the cake here.

Plus, is he ready for the talent leveling he never experienced when he was Ohio State and Florida? When he lined up on Saturdays at OSU, he had an enormous talent advantage he won’t experience in the NFL. It’s a major adjustment for guys like Saban and Meyer who aren’t used to opponents being as good or better in talent.

Would he be Pete Carrol, who has proven to be great at both CFB and the NFL or Nick Saban who is great in CFB but was an NFL flop?

I know we're somewhat working apples to oranges here, but there seems to be this false narrative flying around..or cherry picking of certain statistics revolving around Meyers coaching and recruiting.

In his first year at Bowling Green, without his guys, he went 8-3..finishing off 17-6 overall in his two years..leaving for Utah..

Where he then went 10-2, without his guys. Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but I believe that speaks volumes about his ability.

Then, of course, you always have to consider his health..

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I know we're somewhat working apples to oranges here, but there seems to be this false narrative flying around..or cherry picking of certain statistics revolving around Meyers coaching and recruiting.

In his first year at Bowling Green, without his guys, he went 8-3..finishing off 17-6 overall in his two years..leaving for Utah..

Where he then went 10-2, without his guys. Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but I believe that speaks volumes about his ability.

Then, of course, you always have to consider his health..
He also made Alex Smith the #1 pick in the draft

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer will bring discipline to this team that it has lacked for years. Especially during Garrett's tenure.

And isn't Belichick's contract expiring soon? Maybe this year or next?

Cydios

Reaction score
Urban meyer.. sure.. but no sloppy seconds from the Patriots. Not working to ok well for the Lions

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So did Belichick. But I doubt either of these two are the next HC.

Brady extended his contract this year for 2 more years. I think Belichick will do the same, as they go out together.

However I think this may be Brady's last year. He is done. Or seems like it.

dckid

Reaction score

As much as I like McDaniel i dont see his personality meshing with Jerry. I also don't trust coaches who have worked for Bill.
Bill B notoriously is the one who knows the full game plan and the rest of the position coaches only know their own area.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels?? Isn't he the guy who has New England's Offense putting up all kinds of yards and points? Oh, wait..........

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Supposedly when he spurned Indy it was because Belichick promised to give him all his secrets he needed to be a HC. Gotta imagine he’d be using the Cowboys as leverage

JMPearson

Reaction score
Urban Meyer will bring discipline to this team that it has lacked for years. Especially during Garrett's tenure.

And isn't Belichick's contract expiring soon? Maybe this year or next?
No he won't look what he did at UF a team full of criminals and Ohio St not much better

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think Urban Meyer would just be a rental. I don't think that guy has enough left in the tank to last in the NFL for more than a few years. Might be a good person to come in and groom Moore to eventually take over though (not that I'm saying that should happen).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Regardless of who gets picked, some will like him and some won't. Since McDaniels has been the Patriots OC, that's some pretty fast company, to be sure. Same could certainly be said of Meyer. Whether Mike Freeman is privy to any info that others aren't is anyone's guess, however. We'll see. :rolleyes: