Jerry 268TH Richest Billionaire

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Oh, I'm not suggesting at all that he would sell the Cowboys, far from it. I was just considering the fact that he paid $140M for the team, and could conceivably sell it for over $1B.
He would easily get over a billion if he put the team up for sale. No doubt about it.

Once the new stadium is in place the Cowboys will be the most valuable franchise. If they happen to win a Super Bowl again they would pass the Commanders even without the new stadium.

Nav22

Reaction score
Wow. 6 billion people on this planet...that's 6,000,000,000 people.

And only 277 have more $$$ than Jerry Jones. Anyone else suddeny hate his guts? :D

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
damn, i thought jerry would be higher up than that!

Its more impressive when you consider that he made every single penny of that during his lifetime, as opposed to the heirs and heiresses that make up a good part of the list.

This is what blew my mind .... #34 H Ty Warner a billionaire five times over for coming up with Beanie Babies. Little plush toys made him $5 billion and the 34th richest human being in the world.

I wouldn't mind being the founder of Google, Sergey Brin and Larry Page either. 31 years old and $4,000,000,000 in assets.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Those are Sam Walton's kids.

cast.jpg
"We're VERY rich!!!!"

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Encore said:
I'm amazed by this.

Maybe it's just me or it could be that I'm too young, but I can only think back so far and I could've sworn that Wal-Mart has only been around for like 10 Years.

Could I be wrong?
Closer to 20 but they sell a bunch of Chinese and Taiwanese made crap at about 1000% mark up so make out like bandits. Wal-Mart is a prime example of why you dont allow communist countries to operate on free trade treaties.

Wal-Mart is facing some problems now though because communities don't want them built in their area. They are seen as a blight on nice communities. They have been forced out of a few places altogether.

Sam Walton followed an extremely legal and smart business plan. The gov't should take note though and apply the lessons learned.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Its more impressive when you consider that he made every single penny of that during his lifetime, as opposed to the heirs and heiresses that make up a good part of the list.

This is what blew my mind .... #34 H Ty Warner a billionaire five times over for coming up with Beanie Babies. Little plush toys made him $5 billion and the 34th richest human being in the world.

I wouldn't mind being the founder of Google, Sergey Brin and Larry Page either. 31 years old and $4,000,000,000 in assets.
Look at Microsoft. Allen, Ballmer and of course Gates plus a large part of Jobs cash cow.

A lot of these people did things bordering on illegal as did old time money barons lik Standard Oil and the Rockefellers but its only cheating if you get caught.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
Closer to 20 but they sell a bunch of Chinese and Taiwanese made crap at about 1000% mark up so make out like bandits. Wal-Mart is a prime example of why you dont allow communist countries to operate on free trade treaties.

Wal-Mart is facing some problems now though because communities don't want them built in their area. They are seen as a blight on nice communities. They have been forced out of a few places altogether.

Sam Walton followed an extremely legal and smart business plan. The gov't should take note though and apply the lessons learned.

Good stuff and I agree....but they do provide the consumers and as long as those consumers want to pay a lower price then Walmart will thrive and hurt other small town shops....however here is a link to a killer article/story about some of what Walmart does and it really is kind of dirty IMO.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

I would post the article but it is pretty long...but still a great read IMO.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Encore said:
I'm amazed by this.

Maybe it's just me or it could be that I'm too young, but I can only think back so far and I could've sworn that Wal-Mart has only been around for like 10 Years.

Could I be wrong?

in Arkansas.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Yes, all the way around. They're second, and a new stadium would increase the value of the franchise.

Consider the return Jerry's gotten on this investment. He paid $140M for the Cowboys, and you could only imagine how much he would get for it if he ever decided to sell it.

#1 is Manchester United in English Premier League, second is the Yankees, third is the Skins and fourth is the Cowboys.

The numbers comprise of ticket sales, merchandising, league transfers and private income sources such as media contracts and advertising.

Man. United and the Yankees have their own TV contracts which inflate their revenues greatly. They do not share these revenues with their respective leagues.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
davidyee said:
#1 is Manchester United in English Premier League, second is the Yankees, third is the Skins and fourth is the Cowboys.

The numbers comprise of ticket sales, merchandising, league transfers and private income sources such as media contracts and advertising.

Man. United and the Yankees have their own TV contracts which inflate their revenues greatly. They do not share these revenues with their respective leagues.
Second in the NFL.