Jerry, bring in Jim Harbaugh and we go to the 2019 Super Bowl

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Fantasy: Jim Harbaugh.
Reality: Jeff Fisher.

Unless there's a relationship with Harbaugh that we've never heard about, I think Shanahan or Gruden would be more likely wishes. They'd be able to navigate the waters here.

I'll also say that at 75 years old, Jerry is near enough to the end (please!) where I think a coach would not be as concerned about Jerry's "meddling" and Jerry might be at the point he was at with Parcells -- ready to step back if it gets him a Super Bowl. Jerry's nowhere near as involved as he once was and he's likely a few years away from retirement (or worse) altogether.

The issue for Harbaugh would be the rest of the front office and the preponderance of Joneses that Jerry leaves behind.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
While I think he'd be GREAT at it, the money and the hours wouldn't be anywhere what he has now at CBS.

Depends on where his football heart lies. On the field? In the booth & sitting next to Jim Nantz & calling plays? Or on the field & calling plays? Part of me hopes that he has a desire to be a head coach and he's just good at keeping things on the down low. Though the hours would be less, they wouldn't be as much of a difference as one would think. He was down in Mexico City last week, for almost a week, working and doing guest appearances. Maybe he'd rather be on the field, and using that football mind of his, rather than having to shoot the poop with high level executives. As for the $, I'm sure Jerry could ensure he's taken care of. Pipe dream, I know, but we live in the Madden era so this pipe dream is much more 'doable' than some of the trades/ideas that have been thrown around here.

Last edited: