Jerry can't keep Jason

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Think about it for a minute. He has come out and shown that he can't make hard decisions when it comes to Jason. That proves that he can't be objective and do what he needs to do as a GM. Stephen and others have to see that isn't a way to run any company much less one this public. I'm hoping that the family steps in if he tries. Keeping someone that everyone knows has no accountability would make Dallas a laughing stock of the league.

Jerry has already done enormous damage to the fan base this year and I hope that he understands that and does what is right for the team and the fans and not just for a person he loves. I know people say Jerry doesn't care but maybe the family cares for their business enough to step in and push this to the right decision.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
What Jerry hasn't done is more important than what he has done.

Jason back as HC indicates that the pay for performance model is non-existent in the Cowboys organization.

Creeper

Reaction score
Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe Jerry is trying to talk Jason INTO taking the Cowboys HC job again and that's why they are meeting 3 times? Maybe Garrett told Jerry he wants out so he can find a job somewhere else. After all, Garrett has take a lot of abuse this year for the season the Cowboys have ahd and maybe he just decided there are other places he can go where he would be the pinata for the organization.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He can keep Garrett as HC as it allows Jerry to be the media focus. That is ultimately what Jerry wants: to always be the center of attention and to have a HC that is just his puppet.....and that is what Garrett is, a spineless puppet of Jerry's to control.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The Cowboys are a toy to Jerry; he will do whatever he wants with that toy. Nobody else is going to tell him how to play with it.

That’s basically what all this comes down to.

Congrats. You just described every sports owner of every sports team in the entire world.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
He bought the team for 140 million, they are worth 5 billion now...JJ does what he wants and he knows that number will keep rising no matter if he wins or not...

Rayman70

Reaction score
we need a defensive minded HC...and a competent OC/DC. Wink Martindale or Robert Saleh?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry can do whatever he wants to do. He doesn't care about the fans. Hopefully there will be a lot of media scrutiny if he does.
You're right Jerry doesn't care about the haters. Why should he? Why should anyone?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Jerry loves trying to prove people wrong by doing the exact opposite of what people think he should.............he's been trying for 25 years and failing every year..........Jerry does everything wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Think about it for a minute. He has come out and shown that he can't make hard decisions when it comes to Jason. That proves that he can't be objective and do what he needs to do as a GM. Stephen and others have to see that isn't a way to run any company much less one this public. I'm hoping that the family steps in if he tries. Keeping someone that everyone knows has no accountability would make Dallas a laughing stock of the league.

Jerry has already done enormous damage to the fan base this year and I hope that he understands that and does what is right for the team and the fans and not just for a person he loves. I know people say Jerry doesn't care but maybe the family cares for their business enough to step in and push this to the right decision.
Jerry just cant quit Jason, that's the issue.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The good thing about this delay is it shows Jerry is still somewhat concerned when it comes to the fan base. He knows he can’t sell Jason to the fans.

If he really didn’t give a F, he would just say he is bringing back Jason and anybody that doesn’t like it can go find another team to root for.

He has not done that, ergo he still cares what the fans think, if even just a little.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
jerry is what folks where I live call a drunk I have no respect for him he has destroyed and credibility the dallas cowboys have ever had

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I am not sure you all know this but it's all the other coaches fault we lost this last season. Garrett had nothing to do with it so he will be retained as HC. :muttley: