Jerry can't keep Jason

Kaiser

Reaction score
Congrats. You just described every sports owner of every sports team in the entire world.

Jerry has plenty of faults but its comical to read "Jerry only cares about money" when he has spent more money on the franchise than any other owner for 30 years.

Jerry is Jerry is Jerry but I'll take that over Daniel Snyder or the "just do barely enough" types.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're right Jerry doesn't care about the haters. Why should he? Why should anyone?
Maybe because the fans are the revenue that supports this team and the fans want results???
Doesn't every successful business operate that way?
And success doesn't mean 25 years of futility. Except ,of course, to dopes like you.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry has plenty of faults but its comical to read "Jerry only cares about money" when he has spent more money on the franchise than any other owner for 30 years.

Jerry is Jerry is Jerry but I'll take that over Daniel Snyder or the "just do barely enough" types.
Whatever. You must not go to Arlington much, because if you did you would see how high prices are there from "Jerry spending all his money on the team."
B.S. The taxpayers are paying for that Taj Majal Jerruh built!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Maybe because the fans are the revenue that supports this team and the fans want results???
Doesn't every successful business operate that way?
And success doesn't mean 25 years of futility. Except ,of course, to dopes like you.
C'mon man. Personal attacks are not warranted or necessary.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Yep. Hell, try being a Seattle Mariner fan for the last 20 years. This team is so popular that's why we get all the hate. In reality, compared to most sports franchises, the Cowboys aren't run as awful as many think.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Congrats. You just described every sports owner of every sports team in the entire world.
Really? Do the Maras treat the Giants like a vessel for satisfying their own whims? How about the Rooneys? Kraft? Yes, they all do what they want with their teams, and in that sense, those teams are "toys." However, what most other owners want is to succeed both financially and on the field. Most other owners, even the ones we might consider to be bad (e.g. Mark Davis) realize that means hiring the best people possible to run the team.

Here, the first consideration is and always will be Jerry's own gratification. It's not "who's best suited to help this team win?" It's "who's best suited to allow me to enjoy being owner of the Cowboys in all the ways I want to enjoy it?" And sure, he paid for the team, he's entitled.

But let's not pretend any of this is driven by a desire to win.

817Gill

Reaction score
I’ve said it before but if Garrett is back I’m a Texans fan full time. Texans have always been a team I’ve liked at an arms distance especially with deshaun. But I’d be forced to hibernate my Cowboys fandom if Garrett returns.

For those who think this is being fair-weathered, it does more help to the future of this organization if we stop being invested. Stop buying tickets, merch, watching on TV. Could you imagine the headlines if this teams viewership and income dipped significantly over a few years? Look what happened in Wash. Fans purposely disengaged and Bruce got fired cause the money started getting messed up. A move I though Snyder would never make.

Hopefully we have enough solidarity as a fanbase to invoke the same changes.

MrPhil

Reaction score
What Jerry hasn't done is more important than what he has done.

Jason back as HC indicates that the pay for performance model is non-existent in the Cowboys organization.

Yup and the product on the field will continue to be a reflection of that lack of accountability.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Really? Do the Maras treat the Giants like a vessel for satisfying their own whims? How about the Rooneys? Kraft? Yes, they all do what they want with their teams, and in that sense, those teams are "toys." However, what most other owners want is to succeed both financially and on the field. Most other owners, even the ones we might consider to be bad (e.g. Mark Davis) realize that means hiring the best people possible to run the team.

Here, the first consideration is and always will be Jerry's own gratification. It's not "who's best suited to help this team win?" It's "who's best suited to allow me to enjoy being owner of the Cowboys in all the ways I want to enjoy it?" And sure, he paid for the team, he's entitled.

Mara hasn't made the greatest moves the last couple tries at coach...and he certainly plays the petty game with other owners...Jerry and Snyder have been on the wrong end of his influence over the league office. The entire Zeke suspension was pushed by Mara..as well as the No Cap Collusion bs. Rooney's OK , Kraft of course...why wouldn't you with the two GOATS.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Some owners are more hands on then others but the reality is no owner in sports bought a sports team to get rich. Let me ask you...if you where worth 10 billion dollars would you buys a sports franchise? If so why would you buy them?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whatever. You must not go to Arlington much, because if you did you would see how high prices are there from "Jerry spending all his money on the team."
B.S. The taxpayers are paying for that Taj Majal Jerruh built!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Go to any stadium and you'll pay the same prices. But hate on!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think about it for a minute. He has come out and shown that he can't make hard decisions when it comes to Jason. That proves that he can't be objective and do what he needs to do as a GM. Stephen and others have to see that isn't a way to run any company much less one this public. I'm hoping that the family steps in if he tries. Keeping someone that everyone knows has no accountability would make Dallas a laughing stock of the league.

Jerry has already done enormous damage to the fan base this year and I hope that he understands that and does what is right for the team and the fans and not just for a person he loves. I know people say Jerry doesn't care but maybe the family cares for their business enough to step in and push this to the right decision.

He can do whatever he wants to do..

In reality, I'm convinced that Stephen Jones will stand on his head to prevent Garrett from getting a multi-year contract extension to be the Cowboys Head Coach.

SJones might have to "fire" Garrett while Jerry has passed out from too much Johnnie Blue or maybe he "promotes" him to VP of coaching (required to be in the owners suite during games).

I'm convinced that SJones spikes Jerry's drink with some concoction during the draft (starting with Martin over Manziel) and at other times when decisions need to be made.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Think about it for a minute. He has come out and shown that he can't make hard decisions when it comes to Jason. That proves that he can't be objective and do what he needs to do as a GM. Stephen and others have to see that isn't a way to run any company much less one this public. I'm hoping that the family steps in if he tries. Keeping someone that everyone knows has no accountability would make Dallas a laughing stock of the league.

Jerry has already done enormous damage to the fan base this year and I hope that he understands that and does what is right for the team and the fans and not just for a person he loves. I know people say Jerry doesn't care but maybe the family cares for their business enough to step in and push this to the right decision.
Jerry will do what he wants to, period.
He is very stubborn.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Make us the laughingstock?
Dude, we are already there!