Jerry Can't Leave Well Enough Alone

JustChip

Reaction score
I was never impressed with Richard.
But he was a screamer so that automatically meant he was great. Nevermind that the foundation the success this franchise was built on was “plastic” and unemotional.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
he did. My typing stinks.
No prob my man.
Although you were seemingly trying to make a point out of him going to Atl...

Interpretations are a hell of a thing, yes?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Richard was a horrible coach...and even worse person. I wish Sean Lee would have punched him in the mouth during his tirade vs the Rams in the playoffs. It was completely uncalled for. All they were doing was trying to follow his back assward scheme.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t know man the way he yelled was top notch. Real leadership there nothing like that walk around do nothing Jason garrett. Talk about a waste of space that guy was. I mean get real. Stacking good days? Going about things the right way? Everyone with half a bran cell knows real leaders yell and get in in your face

Kingofholland

Reaction score
All Jerry had to do was keep Kris Richard, hand him the entire defense back in 2018, and this team would be 3 years into building a Doomsday type defense instead of drafting the foundation of one.

Interchangeable DE to DT defensive linemen, fast play making LBs, and tall DBs that can knock away or intercept the ball. Sounds familiar?

I was concerned with Quinn hiring because of Lionel Vital at Director of Scouting ind Dallas. Vital was in Atlanta as the Director of Player Personnel (See Will McClay). They had the Vic Beasley turmoil with Drimoff bringing in Pioli who said Beasley was too small to rush the passer. Well 15.5 sacks later Vital was right but out of a job.

Jerry should be out on camera announcing picks with his grandson. That means he is not in the draft room selecting players and that is how you got Jabril Cox.

Let Owners own, Coaches coach, and Scouts/Pro personnel evaluators draft. If the Owner can stay out of the construction site, McClay and Vital can build a Super Bowl team .

Here is the Falcons 2015 and 2016 Drafts with Lionel Vital:
2015 Draft
Round Pick # Overall Name Position College
1 8 8 Vic Beasley Linebacker Clemson - Pro Bowler
2 10 42 Jalen Collins Cornerback LSU - Starter
3 9 73 Tevin Coleman Running Back Indiana - Starter
4 8 107 Justin Hardy Wide Receiver East Carolina
5 1 137 Grady Jarrett Defensive Tackle Clemson - Pro Bowler
7 8 225 Jake Rodgers Offensive Tackle Eastern Washington
7 32 249 Akeem King Defensive Back San Jose State
2016 Draft
Round Pick # Overall Name Position College
1 17 17 Keanu Neal Safety Florida - Pro Bowler
2 21 52 Deion Jones Linebacker LSU - Pro Bowler
3 18 81 Austin Hooper Tight End Stanford - Pro Bowler
4 17 115 De'Vondre Campbell Linebacker Minnesota - Starter
6 20 195 Wes Schweitzer Guard San Jose State
7 17 238 Devin Fuller Wide Receiver UCLA

I don't know if Richard was the answer either. There was a reason Seattle let him find another job. He brought energy to the DBs, much like Marinelli with the dline, but Richard was calling a lot of the plays in Dallas too and that didn't produce great results. Some coaches are just better positional coaches and don't make great coordinators.

Looks like Vital got 5 pro bowl players and a couple starters.