Jerry care about winning his way

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

It’s truly the only way he believes he’ll validate his ability post Jimmy.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

I don't think it has anything to do with Jimmy, just has the confidence in knowing that all this money he's spending has to finally come true for him or something who knows. We have a good team, we could use help, but let's see how things go, who knows!!!?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro tried it with a HC running football operations which led to championships. But that wasn’t enough fun for our deranged owner who insist on being the face of his franchise seeking credit .

In other words he’s not interested in winning unless he’s in control in a position to gain more credit. He’s intent on living out his dream being a celebrity football guy regardless the results.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think you were on target alluding to Jerry being obsessed about being the one who built a winning team and being seen as a “football guy” and the reason the team won, but went way off base when you said:

“not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built”

If he made a trade and it worked it would only have added to him being seen as responsible for any success. He’s just become afraid to pull the trigger for whatever reason. after all, 11 wins fills the stadium and keeps you in the spotlight.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think you were on target alluding to Jerry being obsessed about being the one who built a winning team and being seen as a “football guy” and the reason the team won, but went way off base when you said:

“not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built”

If he made a trade and it worked it would only have added to him being seen as responsible for any success. He’s just become afraid to pull the trigger for whatever reason. after all, 11 wins fills the stadium and keeps you in the spotlight.
True and it’s not like he has a great track record at mid season trades.

I imagine his thought is leave good enough alone unless the needs outweigh the risk .

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agree that Jerry has an ego, but I think we are really grasping at straws to justify the non activity at the deadline. I think the bigger issue is that the Cowboys already are down picks from trading for Lance, Hankins, Gilmore, and Cooks so they were going to be pretty tight about giving up a high pick

tunahelper

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

Sorry but the notion that Jerry can validate his football IQ vs Jimmy has sailed. 28 seasons attempting to capture a title has shown Jerry is an underachieving GM that has been propped up by being the owner.

Yes our roster is better now, but how many chances has he had to get good rosters?

The same result occurs in the playoffs. Why? Lack of accountability and clear coaching direction. No coach can guide a team properly with JJ looming over his shoulder.

RD21

Reaction score
It doesn't matter at this point. Even if we somehow win another Super Bowl while Jerry is still alive, it doesn't validate him. It's been too many years since we've played in a NFC Championship, let alone a SB.

The early 90's when he first bought the team, had the right mix of people, & approaches, at the right moment in time. I firmly believe if Jerry & Jimmy, could've set their egoes aside for the betterment of the team, we'd have won four in a row, possibly 5. Which would've given both of them an accomplishment that would never have been repeated.

davey999

Reaction score
Of course. If you gave him two options:
1- Leave all personnel decisions to someone else and win
2 -Stay the course and fail
He would take 2 all day. This is the main reason Jimmy isn't in the ring of honour.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over winning at all.

Jerry and anyone who makes money off the Cowboy name is laughing all the way to the bank with this Kool-Aid-drinking fan base of ours!!!
Memories and VHS tapes to remember a team that no longer exists under GM Jerry!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Jethro tried it with a HC running football operations which led to championships. But that wasn’t enough fun for our deranged owner who insist on being the face of his franchise seeking credit .

In other words he’s not interested in winning unless he’s in control in a position to gain more credit. He’s intent on living out his dream being a celebrity football guy regardless the results.
He would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You defending Jerry's way after 28 years of this is truly laughable.
How am I defending it? It just is what it is. Whining about it is stupid.

Also, comparing 28 years to the full scope of professional sports is laughable. Cowboys fans who constantly point to that number are delusional as to the reality of pro sports.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Jerry already did win his way, so I am not sure why this is a talking point 30 years later.

He hired Barry and he won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team. Jimmy even said in his latest book that Jerry was right. Any coach could have won with that team. Barry inherited a train running down the tracks and didn't wreck it. Jerry relinquished control to Parcells years ago and the team still didn't produce a single playoff win. Jerry is as less involved with football operations as he's been in awhile, and guess what - the team still isn't advancing to a NFCC either.

The facts are the Cowboys have had numerous chances to win since 1996, in varying forms or fashions. They had arguably one of the best teams in football in 2007 and 2016, had the Offensive Player of the Year in 2014, had the top defense in the league in 2009, had the league's leading rusher several times, had the best OL in football several times, etc. There is a mental hurdle in this organization from the top down that this team simply can't jump over. Whether or not that's even fixable, I don't know.

What can go wrong, does go wrong. Every time.

gtb1943

Reaction score
How am I defending it? It just is what it is. Whining about it is stupid.

Also, comparing 28 years to the full scope of professional sports is laughable. Cowboys fans who constantly point to that number are delusional as to the reality of pro sports.
Well those with low expectations certainly believe your way