Jerry care about winning his way

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Jerry has an ego, but I think we are really grasping at straws to justify the non activity at the deadline. I think the bigger issue is that the Cowboys already are down picks from trading for Lance, Hankins, Gilmore, and Cooks so they were going to be pretty tight about giving up a high pick
This has been what I been saying all week, and last week.
We have a 1,2,3, 7. And we have either a 6th or 7th from the Texans. We should get 2 comp picks, possibly a 5th and 6th, or 2 6ths.

They love their draft picks and at times to a fault. There was no player that was going to be THAT player worth giving up a top 3 pick. And most players were 1 year rental types anyway, that would want one last big contract.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry and anyone who makes money off the Cowboy name is laughing all the way to the bank with this Kool-Aid-drinking fan base of ours!!!
Memories and VHS tapes to remember a team that no longer exists under GM Jerry!!!
Hey now, I have most of their wins on VHS tapes from the 90's. In a Dallas Cowboys cube box, somewhere in the back of my closet. With other boxes stacked on top. :laugh:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry already did win his way, so I am not sure why this is a talking point 30 years later.

He hired Barry and he won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team. Jimmy even said in his latest book that Jerry was right. Any coach could have won with that team. Barry inherited a train running down the tracks and didn't wreck it. Jerry relinquished control to Parcells years ago and the team still didn't produce a single playoff win. Jerry is as less involved with football operations as he's been in awhile, and guess what - the team still isn't advancing to a NFCC either.

The facts are the Cowboys have had numerous chances to win since 1996, in varying forms or fashions. They had arguably one of the best teams in football in 2007 and 2016, had the Offensive Player of the Year in 2014, had the top defense in the league in 2009, had the league's leading rusher several times, had the best OL in football several times, etc. There is a mental hurdle in this organization from the top down that this team simply can't jump over. Whether or not that's even fixable, I don't know.

What can go wrong, does go wrong. Every time.
Great post.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jerry chose the Al Davis path.

A one-time maverick who chose vanity and pride, rather than evolve and hire the most qualfied people that give you the best chance at winning.

When Mr. Davis passed, the Raiders had gone 27 years without winning a championship.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be very defensive of Jerry Jones. Most everyone except you agree that he's a clown.

This man literally just said before the trade deadline he refused to pick up a phone and that teams could call him and blow him away with an offer.
Obviously you and most other fans have a hate for Jerry. Actually it seems a hate for the team as well. But it is your opinion.
I don't hate Jerry, but I do wish he would shut his mouth. But the media also want his comments for click bait, and it is working.

I guess it comes down to what people let bother them or not. I don't allow it to consume me.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

It’s truly the only way he believes he’ll validate his ability post Jimmy.
Its been 27 years, get real he is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

morat1959

Reaction score
This is the very reason we’ll never win a SB with JJ large and in charge.

bewp7

Reaction score
duh lol

after cowboys beat steelers with the team JIMMY JOHNSON builded dumbo switzer screaming we did it our way baby with jerry

jerry is a clown top 50 clown in the world

jerry = bozo

plymkr

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

It’s truly the only way he believes he’ll validate his ability post Jimmy.
Yeah that’s been the problem since Jimmy left. Jerry is trying it “his” way. You would think 25 years of failure would cause someone to re-examine the process but here we are.

As far as the trade deadline goes I may be in the minority but I’m glad we didn’t make any trades. I don’t think we would have gotten good value. Like if we traded for the Bears CB. We give a 2nd rounder for a half of a season. Not a good idea IMO. Even if we get a comp pick, which is implying that he balls out, it still isn’t worth it.

I’m not disappointed with Jerry or the front office for not making trades this week. Where I feel this front office fails at is culture. When Jimmy left the “must win or else” culture left with him. Now we have a culture of “we’re all millionaires and celebrities and football success is secondary to status”.

Jerry needs to establish a “must win or else” culture into the team or we’re going to be disappointed for a long time. However he wants to do it is fine but I feel the team has lacked that must win mentality since Jimmy left. Trades, free agents, roster can not overcome a culture that puts football success second to personal glory.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not true in fact every other owner in pro sports that I can think of hires a GM.
exactly right. The public knows the names of GMs rather than the owners.

This Owner/GM is all about self and promoting self

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Well it’s been 30 years since Jimmy so unless Jerry has dementia, I gotta believe he’s not making a point about winning “post Jimmy” and just wants to win.

To be clear, I dislike the guy as much as everyone else

shabazz

Reaction score
I've never seen someone take such a defense stance of Jerry Jones. You're hilarious. You got a signed poster of him in your room or something lmao.
Hes not alone. there are a few of them here. they never have any criticism of the FO or the players because its their weird way of virtue signaling but they have no problem whining and crying about any fan that has constructive criticism regarding the team.

We’ve got all kinds here but this group may be the strangest…..defending a senile megalomaniac and his flunkies despite 28 years of solid evidence of ineptitude

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't realize it's too late for this.

Even if the Cowboys do win a Super Bowl between 1996 and 2026, enough seasons will have passed to make a championship nothing more that the Law of Averages being satisfied.

The odds say that very team should win a Super Bowl during a 32 season span.

In other words, a single Super Bowl championship does nothing more than reinforce the team's record of mediocrity during that period.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry chose the Al Davis path.

A one-time maverick who chose vanity and pride, rather than evolve and hire the most qualfied people that give you the best chance at winning.

When Mr. Davis passed, the Raiders had gone 27 years without winning a championship.
Truth amigo. He really is the modern-day Al Davis, and if you know Jerry’s history, he was mentored by Al Davis when he was a new owner.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sorry but the notion that Jerry can validate his football IQ vs Jimmy has sailed. 28 seasons attempting to capture a title has shown Jerry is an underachieving GM that has been propped up by being the owner.

Yes our roster is better now, but how many chances has he had to get good rosters?

The same result occurs in the playoffs. Why? Lack of accountability and clear coaching direction. No coach can guide a team properly with JJ looming over his shoulder.
:hammer::thumbup:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry already did win his way, so I am not sure why this is a talking point 30 years later.

He hired Barry and he won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team. Jimmy even said in his latest book that Jerry was right. Any coach could have won with that team. Barry inherited a train running down the tracks and didn't wreck it. Jerry relinquished control to Parcells years ago and the team still didn't produce a single playoff win. Jerry is as less involved with football operations as he's been in awhile, and guess what - the team still isn't advancing to a NFCC either.

The facts are the Cowboys have had numerous chances to win since 1996, in varying forms or fashions. They had arguably one of the best teams in football in 2007 and 2016, had the Offensive Player of the Year in 2014, had the top defense in the league in 2009, had the league's leading rusher several times, had the best OL in football several times, etc. There is a mental hurdle in this organization from the top down that this team simply can't jump over. Whether or not that's even fixable, I don't know.

What can go wrong, does go wrong. Every time.
And yet who has been the common denominator????
It's a culture issue.
And our owner/gm is the one who has set the culture tone here for the last 28 years.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry and anyone who makes money off the Cowboy name is laughing all the way to the bank with this Kool-Aid-drinking fan base of ours!!!
Memories and VHS tapes to remember a team that no longer exists under GM Jerry!!!
The Cowboys have been turned into the greatest cash cow of all time!
Forbes most valuable sports franchise should be on banners hanging from our stadium rafters.
Super Bowls, we don't need no stinkin Super Bowls....
:facepalm: