Jerry care about winning his way

gtb1943

Reaction score
Jerry already did win his way, so I am not sure why this is a talking point 30 years later.

He hired Barry and he won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team. Jimmy even said in his latest book that Jerry was right. Any coach could have won with that team. Barry inherited a train running down the tracks and didn't wreck it. Jerry relinquished control to Parcells years ago and the team still didn't produce a single playoff win. Jerry is as less involved with football operations as he's been in awhile, and guess what - the team still isn't advancing to a NFCC either.

The facts are the Cowboys have had numerous chances to win since 1996, in varying forms or fashions. They had arguably one of the best teams in football in 2007 and 2016, had the Offensive Player of the Year in 2014, had the top defense in the league in 2009, had the league's leading rusher several times, had the best OL in football several times, etc. There is a mental hurdle in this organization from the top down that this team simply can't jump over. Whether or not that's even fixable, I don't know.

What can go wrong, does go wrong. Every time.
Have always believed Jerry sold his soul to the devil for that last SB so he could say he was right about not needing Jimmy and other coaches could win SBs for him.
The price of that deal is that Boys will never win another SB until he is dead

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You mean all of the other owners who hire team presidents and general managers?
I love how this is supposed to be some huge gotcha.

"Yea let's be more like the Raiders and Browns!!!"

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Owners sign the checks, they all sign off on players.
You seem to be very defensive of Jerry Jones. Most everyone except you agree that he's a clown.

This man literally just said before the trade deadline he refused to pick up a phone and that teams could call him and blow him away with an offer.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You seem to be very defensive of Jerry Jones. Most everyone except you agree that he's a clown.

This man literally just said before the trade deadline he refused to pick up a phone and that teams could call him and blow him away with an offer.
They are all clowns.

That's because the organization has already done their diligence and gotten the price on players. That's literally what pro scouting departments do. No team starts trade conversations the week of the deadline. For a clown, you sure cling to every word he says.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Jerry already did win his way, so I am not sure why this is a talking point 30 years later.

He hired Barry and he won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team. Jimmy even said in his latest book that Jerry was right. Any coach could have won with that team. Barry inherited a train running down the tracks and didn't wreck it. Jerry relinquished control to Parcells years ago and the team still didn't produce a single playoff win. Jerry is as less involved with football operations as he's been in awhile, and guess what - the team still isn't advancing to a NFCC either.

The facts are the Cowboys have had numerous chances to win since 1996, in varying forms or fashions. They had arguably one of the best teams in football in 2007 and 2016, had the Offensive Player of the Year in 2014, had the top defense in the league in 2009, had the league's leading rusher several times, had the best OL in football several times, etc. There is a mental hurdle in this organization from the top down that this team simply can't jump over. Whether or not that's even fixable, I don't know.

What can go wrong, does go wrong. Every time.
Parcells didn't want T.O. Jerry gave him T.O. anyway. That is not relinquishing control. Besides it's been obvious ever since Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy that Jerry was done with giving the coach control and that he wanted a puppet.

montgod

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

It’s truly the only way he believes he’ll validate his ability post Jimmy.
Makes no sense since he and Jimmy made significant trades to win like Deion and Haley to improve the roster that was built.

JJ/Stephen's priority is the bottom line and making sure the profit margins don't suffer. From a business sense, JJ already has the most marketable team in the NFL and raking in the dough so why put in more money to the roster in trading etc? I think the deal with Dak, Pollard, future contract with Lamb, and new contract for Diggs are pushing the business side of him to stand pat, outside of small moves, till next year when more money will be available... again, from a business side of it. Sucks from a fan perspective though.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
They are all clowns.

That's because the organization has already done their diligence and gotten the price on players. That's literally what pro scouting departments do. No team starts trade conversations the week of the deadline. For a clown, you sure cling to every word he says.
I've never seen someone take such a defense stance of Jerry Jones. You're hilarious. You got a signed poster of him in your room or something lmao.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Parcells didn't want T.O. Jerry gave him T.O. anyway. That is not relinquishing control. Besides it's been obvious ever since Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy that Jerry was done with giving the coach control and that he wanted a puppet.
With Wade, I can absolutely see your point but you're a fool if you think Garrett and McCarthy do not/did not have a ton of influence in this organization. Sure Jerry probably hired a lot of Garrett's coaches, but I think that had more to do with Garrett not having a real coaching network.

Jerry has given both of those guys a ton of juice, for better or worse.

Mannix

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

His entire platform is winning with the team ‘he’ built and not needing to make trades or improve what roster he built.

Not a new theory...however, a 100% factual one.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry and anyone who makes money off the Cowboy name is laughing all the way to the bank with this Kool-Aid-drinking fan base of ours!!!
Memories and VHS tapes to remember a team that no longer exists under GM Jerry!!!
Good afternoon Mr. Dog, how are you, I hope you are well?
I have a question about your posts, it's not about their content, it's just that I have noticed you regularly use a large quantity of exclamation marks (or points, I think you call them). I was wondering why this was? It kind of gives the impression you are quite a 'shouty' individual.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I've never seen someone take such a defense stance of Jerry Jones. You're hilarious. You got a signed poster of him in your room or something lmao.
The problem is that the criticisms are dumb.

Go ahead and criticize the player acquisitions and roster building, but the idea that the process is somehow massively flawed because of Jerry's ego - especially compared to other billionaires - is stupid. There's a mountain of evidence to suggest that hiring all of these operations people (presidents, GMs) gets you absolutely nowhere any faster, but that's what everyone wants. It's dumb.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over winning at all.

Fans need to get over this. "Jerry's way", "without Jimmy".

They all need to be better. What they are doing they think is the right way. Fans (of any team) always think they know better. Newsflash .... they don't ....
Jerry is not making all these decisions on his own, contrary to popular belief.

I will not try to convince anyone of this, as it is like talking to a brick wall. Well, actually I could get better conversation with a brick wall over it. :muttley:
But I can voice my opinion about it like everyone else can as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True and it’s not like he has a great track record at mid season trades.

I imagine his thought is leave good enough alone unless the needs outweigh the risk .
He doesn't have a good track record with trades. More bad than good post SB teams. This includes draft day trades as well as mid season, or others. Even TC trades.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Over winning at all.

Although I agree with your premise that it is an ego thing with Jerrah. But let's agree here that the evidence is in on "doing it his way". Ummnkay?

His validation is absent !

If he would only take his good qualities and run with them I'd be 100% behind him. But he tries to do things he's not good at or not qualified to do well. That causes me, the Cowboy fan, to SMDH and try not to stay pizzed off.