Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

dallasdave

Reaction score
That's a possibility. I'd go for that too.

But AP is just beastly and has the vision to still be productive into his 30s.

This is starting to shape up like, well another thread I remember not to long ago in a land far away(NFL-Zone). Could this be the start of something big and long running ? Far be it for me to suggest that, but it does make you wonder.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You act like these guys on the roster just showed up and haven't been given a chance yet. Other than McFadden IT IS THE SAME GUYS FROM LAST SEASON!!!

You know, the same guys that sucked compared to Murray and spent most of the game guarding the water bucket watching Murray kick arse. If these guys are so good, why did the team treat them like they were in the bargain bin at Wal-Marts?

So by the team's own admission, these guys are not even in the same league that Murray was and neither is McFadden when you look at the contract they gave him. Like Spags said, "its a free look and the Boyz can release him at any time without any impact whatsoever on their cap". Yea, that just screams "stud" to me.

Bottom line is that our current group of RBs are not even in the same league as Murray talent wise.............that is why the majority of fans think the idea of "playing tomorrow" with this group is such a joke. And yes, I realize that it is still May and we can add another RB to the roster at some point, but Jerry, Stephen, and Jason have all made comments on how they could play tomorrow with this current group of backs.

Randle had a terrific YPC average.

And given the improvements in the defense and in the OL, the Cowboys brain-trust feels that it does not need a back as talented as Murray.

Go talk to them, but overall their perceptions have been pretty good the last couple years.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You act like these guys on the roster just showed up and haven't been given a chance yet. Other than McFadden IT IS THE SAME GUYS FROM LAST SEASON!!!

You know, the same guys that sucked compared to Murray and spent most of the game guarding the water bucket watching Murray kick arse. If these guys are so good, why did the team treat them like they were in the bargain bin at Wal-Marts?
You are going to hate the rest of the off season.

Reaction score
"JerryJonesMustGo", posted = "It seems that all staff members are united in their belief that AP shouldn't come to Dallas. Odd.

I was thinking more like 8. 5.5 of which of fully guaranteed. But who knows what he will take to come home, possibly win a sb and run behind this line ?

To Which "dallasdave" posted the following:
I like your thinking.:welcome:

I don't know if all the staff members are united in believing A.P. should not come to Dallas or not, I can say from the handful of "Staff Members" I have seen comment on the possibility of trading for AP, to run AD, behind this unbelievable O-Line, have so far been roundly decided that it's not a great idea at all! Those "Staff Members" I have read over thus far, that think it's not a great idea, don't like it even if the opportunity were to fit into our wheelhouse with a restructured deal! Again, I'm only speaking on those "Staffers" I've seen, not all. The real possibilities of Dallas going after A.P. present themselves in such a way that making a play for him makes sense. To start with, he said he would like to play for Dallas. Next, he's already, "At Least Thru His Agent Ben Dogra" asking for a "New Contract" from Minnesota, that would give him something his current deal is FRESH OUT OF; "Guaranteed Money!" In point of fact, his agent, Ben Dogra, has said things to the effect of: "Adrian see's that Minnesota was serious about "Wanting Him" since they didn't trade him during the draft, so Mr. Peterson would like Minnesota to "Show" A.P. that they want him to retire, A Viking, a restructured deal, that could alleviate some of the CAP hit his current contract will make, while also making some of the money Guaranteed & extending the contract a few more seasons would ensure, Mr. Peterson finishes his career as a Minnesota Viking!"
Now, keep in mind, Ben was NOT suggesting less money, rather a "New Deal" with Minnesota that was "Longer" this "New Deal" was probably pitched under the guise that it would not hit their CAP as hard this season & give A.P. more "Guaranteed Money!" IMO this was another tactic by his agent to tell Minnesota he wants more Guaranteed money & was more of a signal to a team trading for him that "Guaranteed Money" will be something he would like to have if he were to restructuring his current deal. So, If you think this through, DeMarco Murray was not given 8M per & the reason was not that Dallas couldn't afford that, instead they said, very carefully I might add, that they would pay a "Special Player" 8M per year at RB. Now Murray absolutely had a special year last year but they didn't find his body of work overall to merit 8M per, instead they offered him what they thought he was worth, so he went & got paid & I can't blame the guy & neither did his teammates or anyone really! Alright then, Murray leaving created a real issue, one I can't possibly believe the Cowboy's would create without having an answer to or for. They are staring this upcoming season as one of the last few overall "Prime" seasons of Romo's career & last season's successful formula was a dominate run game that opened up an Elite passing game! That passing game became so much more effective & deserved being considered "Elite" when Romo didn't have to throw close to 72% of the game anymore!
Lastly, when you look at our Cowboy's team it's easy to say that it "Seems" we've addressed most of the Defensive needs, last season we climbed from the worst overall Defence to middle of the pack but until we play we won't know about the new pass rush that we needed so badly, we will have to see how thin we really are at "DT", we will have to see if our secondary was upgraded enough! Then, On Offense taking the best Offensive Line in football & adding "Arguably" the best OL-Man in the draft, along with depth, has created "Possibly" the best Offensive Line Ever Assembled, then shoring up our receiving crew & the added post season experience to them is just making a great receiving crew more seasoned! This is all very encouraging & sets the season's stage quite nicely, yet, the one position, IMO, that is just short of the QB, as far as importance to the "Offensive Blueprint" we used last season is at RB. It cannot be overlooked, taken lightly or glossed over, as far as cog's go in that "Blueprint" I mentioned, the RB was key! We've built a Mammoth O-Line, we have one of the most prolific, athletic & fierce Recieving Corps & a QB who is a pure student of the game & his position, the type of QB that is the first to arrive & last to leave & looks at his position as a "Craft!" He's always refining & attempting to increase in knowledge & practice, I mean with all the negative pub this guy has got, it makes you want that SB for him so very much! Yet all of this, if the season started tomorrow, would hinge on four RB's that we frankly don't know what we've got in them. The speculation out there right now about our four RB's is HUGE, it's great & rampant.
The RB piece was central to the success we generated last year, the only time we held our collective breaths as fans was when Tony went down & we lost, until his return & then when Murray broke his hand. Even with that O-Line, I remember the concern & worry both when Romo got hurt & when Murray did. Those worries were legitimate. I can definitely say that it does matter who you have behind that Great Goliath Of An Offensive Line, both the guy throwing the ball & the guy running the ball! It's in that vain that if we go into the season with the four RB's we currently have, then yes, I'm quite concerned! I don't think our first round pick next year & paying AD 8M per is mortgaging our future at all. Both Romo & A.P. have a few seasons left in them, together they can both extend their careers a little & capitalize on the seasons they do have left. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong & I'm never ashamed to admit when I am. Until either I'm wrong or until we go get A.P. I'm still going to hold out hope that Jerry & Co. do all they can to go out & bring AD here. I believe he's the last "Cog" & 8M per with some of the total contract Guaranteed is fine by me, again, just IMHO.
************************************************GO COWBOYS!***************************************

dallasdave

Reaction score
"JerryJonesMustGo", posted = "It seems that all staff members are united in their belief that AP shouldn't come to Dallas. Odd.

I was thinking more like 8. 5.5 of which of fully guaranteed. But who knows what he will take to come home, possibly win a sb and run behind this line ?

To Which "dallasdave" posted the following:

I don't know if all the staff members are united in believing A.P. should not come to Dallas or not, I can say from the handful of "Staff Members" I have seen comment on the possibility of trading for AP, to run AD, behind this unbelievable O-Line, have so far been roundly decided that it's not a great idea at all! Those "Staff Members" I have read over thus far, that think it's not a great idea, don't like it even if the opportunity were to fit into our wheelhouse with a restructured deal! Again, I'm only speaking on those "Staffers" I've seen, not all. The real possibilities of Dallas going after A.P. present themselves in such a way that making a play for him makes sense. To start with, he said he would like to play for Dallas. Next, he's already, "At Least Thru His Agent Ben Dogra" asking for a "New Contract" from Minnesota, that would give him something his current deal is FRESH OUT OF; "Guaranteed Money!" In point of fact, his agent, Ben Dogra, has said things to the effect of: "Adrian see's that Minnesota was serious about "Wanting Him" since they didn't trade him during the draft, so Mr. Peterson would like Minnesota to "Show" A.P. that they want him to retire, A Viking, a restructured deal, that could alleviate some of the CAP hit his current contract will make, while also making some of the money Guaranteed & extending the contract a few more seasons would ensure, Mr. Peterson finishes his career as a Minnesota Viking!"
Now, keep in mind, Ben was NOT suggesting less money, rather a "New Deal" with Minnesota that was "Longer" this "New Deal" was probably pitched under the guise that it would not hit their CAP as hard this season & give A.P. more "Guaranteed Money!" IMO this was another tactic by his agent to tell Minnesota he wants more Guaranteed money & was more of a signal to a team trading for him that "Guaranteed Money" will be something he would like to have if he were to restructuring his current deal. So, If you think this through, DeMarco Murray was not given 8M per & the reason was not that Dallas couldn't afford that, instead they said, very carefully I might add, that they would pay a "Special Player" 8M per year at RB. Now Murray absolutely had a special year last year but they didn't find his body of work overall to merit 8M per, instead they offered him what they thought he was worth, so he went & got paid & I can't blame the guy & neither did his teammates or anyone really! Alright then, Murray leaving created a real issue, one I can't possibly believe the Cowboy's would create without having an answer to or for. They are staring this upcoming season as one of the last few overall "Prime" seasons of Romo's career & last season's successful formula was a dominate run game that opened up an Elite passing game! That passing game became so much more effective & deserved being considered "Elite" when Romo didn't have to throw close to 72% of the game anymore!
Lastly, when you look at our Cowboy's team it's easy to say that it "Seems" we've addressed most of the Defensive needs, last season we climbed from the worst overall Defence to middle of the pack but until we play we won't know about the new pass rush that we needed so badly, we will have to see how thin we really are at "DT", we will have to see if our secondary was upgraded enough! Then, On Offense taking the best Offensive Line in football & adding "Arguably" the best OL-Man in the draft, along with depth, has created "Possibly" the best Offensive Line Ever Assembled, then shoring up our receiving crew & the added post season experience to them is just making a great receiving crew more seasoned! This is all very encouraging & sets the season's stage quite nicely, yet, the one position, IMO, that is just short of the QB, as far as importance to the "Offensive Blueprint" we used last season is at RB. It cannot be overlooked, taken lightly or glossed over, as far as cog's go in that "Blueprint" I mentioned, the RB was key! We've built a Mammoth O-Line, we have one of the most prolific, athletic & fierce Recieving Corps & a QB who is a pure student of the game & his position, the type of QB that is the first to arrive & last to leave & looks at his position as a "Craft!" He's always refining & attempting to increase in knowledge & practice, I mean with all the negative pub this guy has got, it makes you want that SB for him so very much! Yet all of this, if the season started tomorrow, would hinge on four RB's that we frankly don't know what we've got in them. The speculation out there right now about our four RB's is HUGE, it's great & rampant.
The RB piece was central to the success we generated last year, the only time we held our collective breaths as fans was when Tony went down & we lost, until his return & then when Murray broke his hand. Even with that O-Line, I remember the concern & worry both when Romo got hurt & when Murray did. Those worries were legitimate. I can definitely say that it does matter who you have behind that Great Goliath Of An Offensive Line, both the guy throwing the ball & the guy running the ball! It's in that vain that if we go into the season with the four RB's we currently have, then yes, I'm quite concerned! I don't think our first round pick next year & paying AD 8M per is mortgaging our future at all. Both Romo & A.P. have a few seasons left in them, together they can both extend their careers a little & capitalize on the seasons they do have left. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong & I'm never ashamed to admit when I am. Until either I'm wrong or until we go get A.P. I'm still going to hold out hope that Jerry & Co. do all they can to go out & bring AD here. I believe he's the last "Cog" & 8M per with some of the total contract Guaranteed is fine by me, again, just IMHO.
************************************************GO COWBOYS!***************************************

I want AP in Dallas and think he would be great behind the Dallas OL. Good post and good points.