Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's not just the pick, even though that's pretty harsh.

The salary commitment is going to be huge.

Hes already said he would take a pay cut to be home. I see that as a non issue as well. Sometimes you have to pay to win a champioship. NE didnt pay for a RB but they definitely paid for Revis, and he was a big reason they were ther last season

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hes already said he would take a pay cut to be home. I see that as a non issue as well. Sometimes you have to pay to win a champioship. NE didnt pay for a RB but they definitely paid for Revis, and he was a big reason they were ther last season

What does "Take a pay cut" mean?

I mean really. Unless we hear a number the phrase means nothing.

New England didn't pay a first round pick for Revis.

Speaking of New England check out who their leading rusher was last season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My last comment on this is that I can't remember the last time the Cowboys trade a first round draft pick and received good value out of it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What does "Take a pay cut" mean?

I mean really. Unless we hear a number the phrase means nothing.

New England didn't pay a first round pick for Revis.

Speaking of New England check out who their leading rusher was last season.

No but they paid him a crazy salary which was half of your argument lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Past history is not always indicitive of future results.

Also many don't learn from past history.

Like I said before, if you want to root for AP this season I think you'll be doing it with him in a Vikings uniform.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Romo has a very finite number of years remaining. To put all that faith in this running back group is like relying on those pre Tyron Smith offensive lines. It's not sensible.

You get Adrian Peterson, and we have a chance to win the super bowl every year he is here for.

We've built this team, but we still need catalytic players, and he is one of the greatest in the league. He is probably the 2nd best player in the league the last 10-15 years right behind Peyton Manning.

If you somehow don't think that is worth a 32nd pick in the draft, I'm not sure where your sensibilities come from.

Also people playing on his age and wear and tear just don't know the player. Same people who said he couldn't come back from an ACL injury, and he proved them wrong and was the NFL MVP.

People comparing this to Roy Williams and Joey Galloway are also missing the big picture. Neither of those players are hall of fame players. The Galloway trade actually made sense, and had he played with Troy we might have been able to save a couple years towards the end of his career rather then slip into 3 straight 5-11 seasons. The Roy Williams trade just didn't make a lot of sense because we overpaid for the value of the player. And you could see that when you saw another trade that same year which was Anquan Boldin. What is worse is that Roy Williams never really fit our system.

AP is a perfect fit, still in or near his prime, and would certainly put this offense over the top.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
When was the last time the Cowboys traded a first round draft pick for a hall of fame player?

If you can answer that for me and tell me whether it worked out or not, I'll give credence to your argument.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be very dissapointed if our starting rb is a proven failure and the backup is an underwear thief behind this amazing line. What a waste that will be.

Hey I understand that.

But it's May 9th.

You haven't given any of the running backs currently on the roster a single opportunity to show what they can do.

If this was after the 2nd preseason game and the Cowboys were averaging 2.5 YPC I'd understand the desire to do something like make a trade. But not on May the 9th.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Hey I understand that.

But it's May 9th.

You haven't given any of the running backs currently on the roster a single opportunity to show what they can do.

If this was after the 2nd preseason game and the Cowboys were averaging 2.5 YPC I'd understand the desire to do something like make a trade. But not on May the 9th.

Hey, I'm panicking because I see the possibility of getting that 6th ring and I can't fathom our running game being our weakest link after it being our strongest link last year.