Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
If nobody else is offering a one for AP (Arizona supposedly wanted him) why should Jerry? He is still 30 years old.

The primary reason why Jerry will not trade for him unless it's a 3rd or less. Even Jerry must believe an aging once-premier RB does not guarantee a Super Bowl. He knows Romo, a dominant o-line, and an improved defense will be his meal ticket to the big game.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Makes Jerry sound desperate that everything hinges on the Romo window.
Also, increases the trading leverage for the Vikings if AP becomes a trade option.
Jerry needs to relax and let this thing play out.

Nothing is a guarantee in this league. If you don't have a QB, then it doesn't matter that you have Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Greg Hardy, T.Frederick, Z.Martin. But what is guaranteed is we have a franchise QB right now, so lets go and win another ring. I understand both sides of the argument, I just would hate to end up like the other 1/2 teams in the NFL looking for a franchise QB for many years (after Romo), that would mean all that young talent we developed was a complete waste.

Aven8

Reaction score
I agree with that. Vikings are being difficult.

They need to be realistic though a realize that they suck as currently constructed with or without Peterson and get some picks for him while they still can and dump that contract.

The thought of the most physically gifted RB of all time behind potentially and one of the best OL's of all time is just a dream.

We can just go out and impose our will every week.

I'm not so sure I agree with Minny sucking with AD. Didnt he just a couple of years ago carry that team on his back to the playoffs with no QB? Wasnt that the Colleyville kid?

I will say this though, I heard Glen Stretch Smith say on Monday, that last year we 18 plays where everybody was blocked perfectly except the free safety. That is 9 on 10!! Amazing stat! AD might not stop until he hits Globe Life Stadium!! Lol

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I see it differently. That's Jerry reaching out to the Vikings, saying "let's talk."

Yeah and showed his hand saying a 1 is on the table. Bad negotiation tactic but I'm not certain the Vikes would go for anything less anyway.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still can't see a trade for Peterson happening.

In addition, I had the guy on my fantasy team in '13 and he wasn't all that.

His last very-good season was three years ago now.

And then you have his ridiculous salary to consider.

Staubacher

Reaction score
AP and every other running back in NFL history wants to run behind this line. That was a big part of what the Collins signing (and presser) was about.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Agreed! That first rounder maybe a QB of the future. Save your ammo!

Just curious but besides Cook from Michigan State and Hackenburg from Penn State, what QB's are considered 1st rounders next year? Odds are we will be picking 20th or later and those two are considered top 10.

CashMan

Reaction score
One of the last picks in the first round is virtually a second-round pick.

Not true, different boards, rate players differently. Ex: the Bears got a NT who a lot of people rated a 1st round pick, in the 2nd round.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Still can't see a trade for Peterson happening.

In addition, I had the guy on my fantasy team in '13 and he wasn't all that.

His last good season was three year ago now.

And then you have his ridiculous salary to consider.
You might not agree but Mr Jones is Mr. Jones no matter how you slice it. Jerry is going after AP and either the Vikes just decide to not play ball or we all must welcome AP to our team and hope for the best.

btcutter

Reaction score
Just curious but besides Cook from Michigan State and Hackenburg from Penn State, what QB's are considered 1st rounders next year? Odds are we will be picking 20th or later and those two are considered top 10.

Every year someone new pops up on the radar. We just don't know. What's a sure fire first rounder could stink it up and drop to 3rd. Another "Aarron Rogers" would happen or "Gregory". Better to have that pick available then mortgaging the future.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Every year someone new pops up on the radar. We just don't know. What's a sure fire first rounder could stink it up and drop to 3rd. Another "Aarron Rogers" would happen or "Gregory". Better to have that pick available then mortgaging the future.

I hate to give up picks, but I'm torn on this one.

btcutter

Reaction score
One of the last picks in the first round is virtually a second-round pick.

Sure. There are so many options when you have the pick. Potentially trade it for a 2nd and following year's #1. Play the draft out. "Aarron Rogers", "Randy Gregory" weren't suppose to fall but did.......... we just don't know.