Jerry Comments on McQ

DBoys

Reaction score
Jerry made a comment about about McQ on his after the draft conference. He said something to the effect by drafting the OL guys they could do something different with McQ.

I wonder if they will move him inside at LG and replace Kosier now that we have more depth.

What do you guys think?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:
Jerry made a comment about about McQ on his after the draft conference. He said something to the effect by drafting the OL guys they could do something different with McQ.

I wonder if they will move him inside at LG and replace Kosier now that we have more depth.

What do you guys think?

Teach him to play center! :D

By the way...who is our backup center?

:confused:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Stand him outside the new stadium to keep the rats away?
McQuistan_Pat_150.jpg

DBoys

Reaction score
5Stars;1479563 said:
Teach him to play center! :D

By the way...who is our backup center?

I think Proctor and James Marten have played C before.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:

What do you guys think?
Yeah.

I thought I heard Jerry mention moving McQ to guard (he said it quickly and in passing). I took it to mean that Jerry wanted to get his most athletic OL on the field - but that's just speculation on my part.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1479566 said:

Did he go to Philly? That's the only stadium that I have ever heard about rats?

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:

What do you guys think?

That seems like reasonable "reading between the lines" to me. We shall see. I'm just glad we continue to bolster our OL and pass rush. Those are 2 HUGE parts of success in the NFL. Our DL is solid with depth. Our LBs are deep and very talented. We have a pretty good secondary, QB with tons of upside, bigtime (albeit aging) WRs and a very good RB tandem. Oh yeah, a Pro Bowl TE and an all-world punter. We may have gotten a good K. If not, Grammatica did the job. This should be a team to reckon with this season.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
5Stars;1479577 said:
Did he go to Philly? That's the only stadium that I have ever heard about rats?

WAS watching the Mets game the other day and a cat ran on the field. Ron Darling said there are hundreds of cats that live under Shea stadium because there are thousands of rats. Then he went on to say the worste stadium for rats when he played was the Astro dome. I'd bet a lot have rats.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think he wants McQ to be the swing tackle backing up both LT and RT.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BIGDen;1479582 said:
That seems like reasonable "reading between the lines" to me. We shall see. I'm just glad we continue to bolster our OL and pass rush. Those are 2 HUGE parts of success in the NFL. Our DL is solid with depth. Our LBs are deep and very talented. We have a pretty good secondary, QB with tons of upside, bigtime (albeit aging) WRs and a very good RB tandem. Oh yeah, a Pro Bowl TE and an all-world punter. We may have gotten a good K. If not, Grammatica did the job. This should be a team to reckon with this season.

You know, Dr. Freakasaurus, although you are ugly as hell...I agree with you!

;)

DBoys

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1479575 said:
Yeah.

I thought I heard Jerry mention moving McQ to guard (he said it quickly and in passing). I took it to mean that Jerry wanted to get his most athletic OL on the field - but that's just speculation on my part.

At least you heard it to I was kind of unsure what he was saying. Like you mentioned he said it quickly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1479592 said:
WAS watching the Mets game the other day and a cat ran on the field. Ron Darling said there are hundreds of cats that live under Shea stadium because there are thousands of rats. Then he went on to say the worste stadium for rats when he played was the Astro dome. I'd bet a lot have rats.

The Vet in Philthy also had tons of rats! There were reports of visiting teams saying they could not believe the number of stray cats living there because of the rats...! :confused:

Of course, I don't know how the cats could tell the difference between a rat or an eagle fan? That one has me stumped!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1479566 said:
McQuistan_Pat_150.jpg

he looks like that ugly girl in 3rd grade who bullied everyone around and finally grew up to manage the KAO campground.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
iceberg;1479604 said:
he looks like that ugly girl in 3rd grade who bullied everyone around and finally grew up to manage the KAO campground.

Oh yeah? He could whip your butt!

:laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:

What do you guys think?

Maybe McQ will stay right where he's at and one of the guys we drafted will be moved?

Maybe all three of them (the draft picks and McQ) are here just for depth?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:

What do you guys think?

The way I understood it, Jerry was saying that McQ will not have to be rushed as quickly (to start) now that they have options.

DBoys

Reaction score
Here are his exact words thanks to Roshi...

Jerry…
This could help us with McQuistan and allows us to look at him with guard if we want to. We got a lot of flexibility.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
DBoys;1479664 said:
Here are his exact words thanks to Roshi...

Jerry…
This could help us with McQuistan and allows us to look at him with guard if we want to. We got a lot of flexibility.

If he can beat out any of the Guards for the starting spot I'm all for it.