Jerry Comments on McQ

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1479575 said:
Yeah.

I thought I heard Jerry mention moving McQ to guard (he said it quickly and in passing). I took it to mean that Jerry wanted to get his most athletic OL on the field - but that's just speculation on my part.

McQ projects well to OG because of his athletiscm, athletic players can project pretty much anywhere on the line

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1479624 said:
Maybe McQ will stay right where he's at and one of the guys we drafted will be moved?

Maybe all three of them (the draft picks and McQ) are here just for depth?

good call, since in the PC Jerry talked about the possibility of Free playing OG

burmafrd

Reaction score
McQ was untill Today the only backup Tackle we had- though both Davis and Kosier have played there- that means if McQ does not suit up they have to replace one of our starting guards to take an injured tackles spot- thus weakening TWO spots. They can now look at McQ with an eye to playing him where he is best at. that might be guard.

lkelly

Reaction score
5Stars;1479577 said:
Did he go to Philly? That's the only stadium that I have ever heard about rats?

:confused:

I think one was spotted at Invesco Field in Denver.

shanahan_mug.jpg

JFlgn

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, but didn't the Raiders draft Paul McQ, Pat's twin brother, as an OG, not tackle. If Paul's body has the build for OG, than Pat is probably a good fit too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
burmafrd;1479688 said:
McQ was untill Today the only backup Tackle we had- though both Davis and Kosier have played there- that means if McQ does not suit up they have to replace one of our starting guards to take an injured tackles spot- thus weakening TWO spots. They can now look at McQ with an eye to playing him where he is best at. that might be guard.

Interesting. Nice post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;1479930 said:
That is a old pic.

He got his hair cut before last season strarted. Not that it really helped much but you get the idea.

burmafrd

Reaction score
McQ did not get hit with the ugly STICK= he got HIT by the ugly FORREST!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DBoys;1479556 said:
Jerry made a comment about about McQ on his after the draft conference. He said something to the effect by drafting the OL guys they could do something different with McQ.

I wonder if they will move him inside at LG and replace Kosier now that we have more depth.

What do you guys think?

Or, can he play center? naw....

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
5Stars;1479563 said:
Teach him to play center! :D

By the way...who is our backup center?

:confused:

Right now, it's an open competition, between Trey Darilek, Cory Procter, Joe Berger and now, apparently, Steve Rissler from Florida... all of them in the 6-3 to 6-5 range, 305-315 pounds... same as Gurode, basically...

I'm not overly thrilled with the depth here... I could make a case for signing veteran FA Kendyl Jacox to a short deal, 1 or 2 years...