Jerry could still change his mind and fire McCarthy

Mannix

Reaction score
I keep holding onto hope that he comes to his senses and does the right thing....does anyone else think he wishes that he had taken more time, and had a do over? Does he have any earthly idea what an overnight hero he could be? Thank you for listening to my nonsense....however, I can assure you that others have been wishing for the same impossibility to suddenly occur. For the first time in forever, my life will not be revolving around the draft or training camp news....that I can assure you. Don't even get me started on a Dak extension....that will seriously cripple the organization for ten (10) years given how slow we react to adversity. If there is an extension, this organization will have gutted me for the last time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I keep holding onto hope that he comes to his senses and does the right thing....does anyone else think he wishes that he had taken more time, and had a do over? Does he have any earthly idea what an overnight hero he could be? Thank you for listening to my nonsense....however, I can assure you that others have been wishing for the same impossibility to suddenly occur. For the first time in forever, my life will not be revolving around the draft or training camp news....that I can assure you. Don't even get me started on a Dak extension....that will seriously cripple the organization for ten (10) years given how slow we react to adversity.
It would have to be a sincere desire from Bill Bellichek or Harbaugh to even think about enticing Jerry Jones, but still he made the commitment to bringing him back, I don't think an emotional guy like jerry would take it back

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Next year if we start like 1-3 he’s gonna be out… and this thing is gonna go into a tailspin.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No chance he would be viewed as a hero for firing MM at this point. He had his chance and didn't do it. Waaaay too late now. To change his mind now would just confirm to the world that it's time for Jerry to step down as he doesn't know what he's doing.

All the other major HC candidates are on 2nd & 3rd rounds of interviews. It puts the Cowboys at a major disadvantage of finding a new HC and you're also doing MM dirty by not giving him a chance to find a new gig. I was on the fire McCarthy train this time last week, but It's just a lose/lose all around at this point.

CWR

Reaction score
I keep holding onto hope that he comes to his senses and does the right thing....does anyone else think he wishes that he had taken more time, and had a do over? Does he have any earthly idea what an overnight hero he could be? Thank you for listening to my nonsense....however, I can assure you that others have been wishing for the same impossibility to suddenly occur. For the first time in forever, my life will not be revolving around the draft or training camp news....that I can assure you. Don't even get me started on a Dak extension....that will seriously cripple the organization for ten (10) years given how slow we react to adversity. If there is an extension, this organization will have gutted me for the last time.
I'm not sure why you're torturing yourself. Zero chance Jerry changes course now.

There is a slight chance we simply restructure Dak, but I still expect an extension.

Although I'd like to believe Lance was brought in for a reason I think Dak is going to take Jerry to pound town. He's going to sign a ridiculous extension.

My only hope is the reason they re-sign Dak is to go all in. They free up cap space and become uncharacteristically aggressive in FA. This is clearly not our MO, but it is a logical decision as we end this era. If you want to ride it out for another year or two then step all the way up to the plate.

What I expect is to be disappointed though, business as usual.

Mannix

Reaction score
Booger and Chuckles have become adverse to ANY risk, and refuse to roll up their sleeves and go to work...number one, they obviously don't trust themselves, and want no part of wheeling and dealing with cuts and trades. Always safer to just roll into another season with "what and who they know."

RS12

Reaction score
He could also hire a competent GM. My hair could grow back. Theoretically lots of things could happen that certainly wont.

Mannix

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're torturing yourself. Zero chance Jerry changes course now.

There is a slight chance we simply restructure Dak, but I still expect an extension.

Although I'd like to believe Lance was brought in for a reason I think Dak is going to take Jerry to pound town. He's going to sign a ridiculous extension.

My only hope is the reason they re-sign Dak is to go all in. They free up cap space and become uncharacteristically aggressive in FA. This is clearly not our MO, but it is a logical decision as we end this era. If you want to ride it out for another year or two then step all the way up to the plate.

What I expect is to be disappointed though, business as usual.
Signing FA's doesn't fix the culture....that is the #1 reason why the conman needed to be fired.

Mannix

Reaction score
McCarthy being coach another year is primarily because Jones doesn't want to pay 2 HC salaries. Has nothing to do with winning and losing.
So forfeit another season and another year off of his life to save 5 million? That tells you right there that the "I'd write any check if I could for another Super Bowl" is BS.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No, for as much as a moron people think Jerry is I’m sure he analyzed keep or firing from every angle. I’m sure all the top levels in the organization were involved and I’m sure they knew the direction they’d go for a new coach based upon whom they knew was gettable if they chose to fire him.

We can knock Jerry’s football regimen but he’s a good business man and I’m sure this wasn’t a decision he made in an hour- even if we or some don’t agree with it’s outcome. McCarthy is staying and they likely know the direction there going for DC if /when Quinn leaves.