Jerry could still change his mind and fire McCarthy

Aven8

Reaction score
Wondering if Broaddus was on here this morning....I laughed when he too mentioned needing to roll up their sleeves...great listen at 12:10

Good stuff. Been saying this for a few years. This is Stephen’s team folks

Chasing6

Reaction score
I keep holding onto hope that he comes to his senses and does the right thing....does anyone else think he wishes that he had taken more time, and had a do over? Does he have any earthly idea what an overnight hero he could be? Thank you for listening to my nonsense....however, I can assure you that others have been wishing for the same impossibility to suddenly occur. For the first time in forever, my life will not be revolving around the draft or training camp news....that I can assure you. Don't even get me started on a Dak extension....that will seriously cripple the organization for ten (10) years given how slow we react to adversity. If there is an extension, this organization will have gutted me for the last time.
Yes and he could still fire the GM.

I wonder what the do when the Owner Jerry and the GM Jeruh don't agree.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I keep holding onto hope that he comes to his senses and does the right thing....does anyone else think he wishes that he had taken more time, and had a do over? Does he have any earthly idea what an overnight hero he could be? Thank you for listening to my nonsense....however, I can assure you that others have been wishing for the same impossibility to suddenly occur. For the first time in forever, my life will not be revolving around the draft or training camp news....that I can assure you. Don't even get me started on a Dak extension....that will seriously cripple the organization for ten (10) years given how slow we react to adversity. If there is an extension, this organization will have gutted me for the last time.
Jerry can be very stubborn.

nobody

Reaction score
Oh, there has been. Rumor has it, Jerry drew a sad face emoji on everyones pay stubs :laugh:
And maybe fired a parking lot attendant because obviously he's the reason the Cowboys lost in a Johnny Walker addled mind.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
If you pass on belichek and hard sigh I’d say that ship has sailed

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
McCarthy isn't going anywhere. The Cowboys will get to the Super Bowl and earn McCarthy a new contract.

LysleE

Reaction score
The problem with Jerry is that he was that wheeler-dealer early in his tenure as GM and it often bit him in the ***; as a result, he is now extremely risk-averse, often to the detriment of the organization.
Jerry wants yes-men for coaches as that allows him to interfere and undermine them for the glorification of his ego.
And as others have mentioned has no strategic vision…Jerry should have had a Plan B in the event Dak turned out not to be the franchise QB they thought he was…now they have no real option in play other than to cut him…we all know that Jerry forms close personal relationships with his players that removes any objectivity from personnel decisions.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
So forfeit another season and another year off of his life to save 5 million? That tells you right there that the "I'd write any check if I could for another Super Bowl" is BS.
Forfeit a season? He’s not forfeiting anything, the cash will keep rolling in. That’s all the Jones family is concerned about.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Maybe /there’s some if that. But the primary reason is Dak is coming back & he doesn’t want to introduce an offensive change. It’s the same reason Mike was forced to keep Kellen Moore when Mike was hired.
lol no. He has changed OCs in the past like people change clothes. That would only be an excuse. Bottom line is Jerry doesn’t want to pay the salary.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Time to find another team to root for guys, it gets old watching jerry run this circus. ( not wanting BB still has my head spinning)
I will still watch cowboys games, but may root for them to lose!
And then laugh at them during playoffs.

I will be more interested in the teams harbaugh and BB and vrabel sp go to, and I have a renewed interest in the texans.
I would be into detroit , but just dont like Dan Cambell.
I like SF too, current team, so will root for them to beat Det and win SB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Forfeit a season? He’s not forfeiting anything, the cash will keep rolling in. That’s all the Jones family is concerned about.
He is though, as far as trying to go on a SB run he just forfeited that.

We are talking about cash rolling in, the way league is set up owners cant lose, it is a cash cow to own a nfl team, win or lose.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No, lad, if Jerald did not fire Fat Mac the day after the humiliating 48-32, he wouldn't until next season's end.

doomsday808

Reaction score
He should give the guy an extension if he plans to keep him. Who would want to play/work for and buy into a system that has a 1 year shelf life?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
McCarthy being coach another year is primarily because Jones doesn't want to pay 2 HC salaries. Has nothing to do with winning and losing.
Agreed, I mentioned the same in another thread.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Brian Brodus??? Hès been killing it. Like he said. It's probably "CAPBOY" Stephen that's running the team now. And he's so conservative he's not going to change anything. He also said what I BEEN saying for years. Maybe our only Hope is.....Charlotte Jones...... I'll ride with her over Jerry and CapBoy any day..
OIP.xd9_ukl8TxjT1hvYPo1k7AHaEK

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Next year if we start like 1-3 he’s gonna be out… and this thing is gonna go into a tailspin.
Jovial chap! Jerald does not operate thus.
A contract is a contract and Jerald honors them.

He is, at last, a businessman who succeeds or pays the price.
Usually the former. He is a wildcatter, Some people call him a space cowboy, yeah. Some people call him the gangster of love.

But, alas, Jerald is honest and ethical at the core. I do wish he were a midnight toker ... token.

So buck up, bloke. Look for Big Mac to prowl our sidelines of disheartened and under motivated players until he again is one and out in the playoffs next January.