Jerry could still change his mind and fire McCarthy

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM isn't going anywhere. Just the bottom line. The only possible way would be for Belicheat or Harbaugh and he had a chance for them and said no.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I thought about this but no way that happens

You dont tell a guy hes returning as coach and then fire him two weeks later

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That was your first mistake. Putting your faith in Jerry.....No way can he pivot and fire McCarthy now.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Only way McCarthy gets fired now if we start the season 2-6 or something lol
Even then Jerry probably holds onto McCarthy.

JustChip

Reaction score
McCarthy being coach another year is primarily because Jones doesn't want to pay 2 HC salaries. Has nothing to do with winning and losing.
Maybe /there’s some if that. But the primary reason is Dak is coming back & he doesn’t want to introduce an offensive change. It’s the same reason Mike was forced to keep Kellen Moore when Mike was hired.

Big_D

Reaction score
Let's fire him after all the other coaches are gone. That seems like something Jerry would do. Then he can coach like he always wanted to. Jerry just bite the bullet and put the whistle on. Stop the charade!! lol

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup, there has been exactly zero accountability contrary to what or illustrious owner/GM promised. Not even a waterboy has been let go
Oh, there has been. Rumor has it, Jerry drew a sad face emoji on everyones pay stubs :laugh:

Reactions: ICP

Jayinem

Reaction score
Great idea, wait until all the good coaches get hired somewhere else, THEN fire McCarthy. It's almost as bad as passing on the good coaches and making McCarthy a lame duck coach, which they did.

EJK24

Reaction score
I thought about this but no way that happens

You dont tell a guy hes returning as coach and then fire him two weeks later

^ This right here. The only semblance of a prayer we'd have for that would have been if the social media nonsense continued spinning out control and it painted a broken locker room that was beyond repair before the season even began.

Mannix

Reaction score
Wondering if Broaddus was on here this morning....I laughed when he too mentioned needing to roll up their sleeves...great listen at 12:10

Aven8

Reaction score
I hope DQ leaves only to see these Bozo’s try to pick a competent DC

Mannix

Reaction score
I hope DQ leaves only to see these Bozo’s try to pick a competent DC
I like DQ, but do not want him as our next HC....which is going to happen next season if he remains here.