News: Jerry dodges the Jimmy ROH question, again

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry won't say "over my dead body", but he may as well be saying it.

WHAT ABOUT THE RING OF HONOR?

“Nothing determined out there at all. That’s something that I’ve never really decided upon almost until a week or two before I do it.”

REALLY?

“Really. No, I’ve never been something that’s had a long tail to it thought process. Obviously the people are qualified are career qualified. So, that is a career process. But as far as the timing of any individual that will ultimately in that Hall of Fame, I don’t have that.”

YOU TALKED ABOUT JIMMY JOHNSON GETTING IN

“I understand that. I really understand that would be a part of the question, but the answer is I don’t have a timeline.”
:laugh:

It is JUST ego peoples. That is a good excuse.

Hey folks? Anyone have a huge ego? If you have a huge ego, do you think Jimmy Johnson is career qualified? And if you say he IS career qualified, when exactly would YOU have put Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor? You know, if you were the owner and had COMPLETE control of putting Johnson in?

Waiting to read someone say they would have waited as long as Jones. Or half as long as Jones. Or a even quarter of the time Jones has waited.

Need popcorn while waiting. :popcorn: Needs butter.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Can’t say I am surprised. But still… cmon Jerry. I mean damn smh

200w.gif

Reactions: BAT

MarcusRock

Reaction score

“Nothing determined out there at all. That’s something that I’ve never really decided upon almost until a week or two before I do it.”

REALLY?

“Really. No, I’ve never been something that’s had a long tail to it thought process. Obviously the people are qualified are career qualified. So, that is a career process. But as far as the timing of any individual that will ultimately in that Hall of Fame, I don’t have that.”

“I understand that. I really understand that would be a part of the question, but the answer is I don’t have a timeline.”

I'm going to take the other side here and wonder if Jerry was attempting to dodge the question to preserve a surprise he has planned for Jimmy. One where he can get the most exposure for himself at the same time, of course but not wanting to reveal things before it's time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger isn't going to do anything that brings his Kryptonite back to Dallas for the local media to swoon all over him. Nothing sticks in his craw more than knowing the media loves Jimmy and just tolerates and even takes shots at him.

It's like him agreeing to be interviewed by Dale Hansen on his TV sports show and then Hansen takes the audio of that to Galloway's radio show and they fall all over themselves making fun of that goober. No, I did not get dyslexic with Booger. Booger is his name; goober is what he is.

What he really doesn't want to admit is that if he hadn't hired Jimmy, he probably would have had to do the same thing Bright did and sell a bleeding team. Egomaniacs do not like to be beholding to anyone for their success.

Booger is so wrapped up in himself he doesn't realize how bad he looks not putting Johnson in. He really is a man of low character.

rags747

Reaction score
What’s the rush? Jerry will do it when he sees fit. Hell you should all be mad that Jimmy dogged us out of at least 1-2 SB’s because of his insistence on acting like an 11 year old instead of a grown man. He literally had a hissy fit and forced his way out, not becoming at all and try working with someone who has hissy fits all of the time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not the least bit riled up over it. Frankly, the way Jerry tap dances whenever he's asked about it is kind of funny. :muttley:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry puts it in his will that Jimmy never gets in unless, as you suggest, Jerry pulls off a miracle and gets another Lombardi before then.

What player that Tex Schramm did not allow in, and should have been in years ago. Then he was one of the 1st players Jerry added?
This could be the same type of thing. Jimmy may not get in until Spaulding is making the decisions.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

REALLY?

Jerry has politician's ability to utter words without answering the question

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
:popcorn:
It is still the off-season. :laugh:

Not going to get all riled up over this, it is what it is.
But it needs to be done this season. If Jerry thinks he will wait and do it after winning a SB, it will be a slap in the face to Jimmy and the fans as well as former players from the 90's
As Jerry wants that....he did it his way without Jimmy...that is a huge monkey on his back.
I don't think Jerry lives to see another super bowl.
We can't even get to the nfcc game.
If Stephen assumes control of the team and insist on being GM, he may never see one either.
The dysfunction runs deep with this team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s the rush? Jerry will do it when he sees fit. Hell you should all be mad that Jimmy dogged us out of at least 1-2 SB’s because of his insistence on acting like an 11 year old instead of a grown man. He literally had a hissy fit and forced his way out, not becoming at all and try working with someone who has hissy fits all of the time.
You were there?