News: Jerry dodges the Jimmy ROH question, again

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm.

On July 22, 1994 Jerry Jones announced both Tony Dorsett and Randy White would be inducted in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor.

Both players were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame together on July 30, 1994.

At halftime of the October 9, 1994 Arizona Cardinals game, Dorsett and Martin were inducted into the Ring of Honor.

Wow. That was fast. Less than three months from announcement to Ring of Honor, with a Hall of Fame enshrinement sandwiched in between.

Let's see...

Jimmy Johnson entered the Hall of Fame on August 7, 2021.

:huh:

Maybe Dorsett and Martin meant more to Jones than Johnson, someone he has personally known for nearly 60 years.

Nah. That can't be it. Can it?

Perhaps the excuse for Jones' sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow response is old age. Yeah. That's the ticket! :cool:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not the least bit riled up over it. Frankly, the way Jerry tap dances whenever he's asked about it is kind of funny. :muttley:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry puts it in his will that Jimmy never gets in unless, as you suggest, Jerry pulls off a miracle and gets another Lombardi before then.
I just like watching Jerry squirm. I wish JJ was asked about Jimmy every time a mic or notepad is in front him. And also ask why he allows sunlight to blind his players.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:popcorn:
It is still the off-season. :laugh:

Not going to get all riled up over this, it is what it is.
But it needs to be done this season. If Jerry thinks he will wait and do it after winning a SB, it will be a slap in the face to Jimmy and the fans as well as former players from the 90's
As Jerry wants that....he did it his way without Jimmy...that is a huge monkey on his back.
Jerry has been slapping Cowboys fans in the face for a long time.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Jerry won't say "over my dead body", but he may as well be saying it.

WHAT ABOUT THE RING OF HONOR?

“Nothing determined out there at all. That’s something that I’ve never really decided upon almost until a week or two before I do it.”

REALLY?

“Really. No, I’ve never been something that’s had a long tail to it thought process. Obviously the people are qualified are career qualified. So, that is a career process. But as far as the timing of any individual that will ultimately in that Hall of Fame, I don’t have that.”

YOU TALKED ABOUT JIMMY JOHNSON GETTING IN

“I understand that. I really understand that would be a part of the question, but the answer is I don’t have a timeline.”

Jerry is a piece of s for this

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

“I understand that. I really understand that would be a part of the question, but the answer is I don’t have a timeline.”
Anyone else about done with this guy? SMH!!!

Reactions: BAT

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s commonly well known, where were you?!
I wasn't there so I didn't see the hissy fit but I did read where Wannstedt had to talk him into coming into the war room in his last draft.

I think there were two ego wrecks but I wouldn't put the blame on Johnson and he was already looking to get back to the water. He wasn't doing anything to us but something for himself. Everything seemed to be a means to an end for him including Dallas. He was never anywhere for the long haul.

If Booger was already at the point where he was trying to talk Johnson into acting as if he was the draft guy, where did he think it was going from there? Exactly where it has gone, he thinks he's some kind of celebrity with his own show, A Hillbilly Home Companion.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s the rush? Jerry will do it when he sees fit. Hell you should all be mad that Jimmy dogged us out of at least 1-2 SB’s because of his insistence on acting like an 11 year old instead of a grown man. He literally had a hissy fit and forced his way out, not becoming at all and try working with someone who has hissy fits all of the time.
Jimmy treated Jerry exactly the way he needs to be treated, that is stay out of football and let me do my job, he wouldn't let the Assistants even talk to Jerry, but it worked Jimmy kept the team and coaches focused on football. Sure Jimmy was arrogant and full of himself, but If I was the owner and my coach just one two super bowls in a row with a great team coming back next year (And the year after) I think my job would be to keep my mouth shut. They were both to blame IMO, bottom line Jimmy did his job though.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It’s commonly well known, where were you?!

What a bunch of biased bull.

The reason Jimmy was not gonna go is because Jerry sent a memo to everyone in the organization stating that he would be running the draft and picking the players ........ so Jimmy was like "what am I gonna do then? Set there and smile and Jerry?"

Jerry started the crap ....... not Jimmy. Stop believing Jerry's BS hype machine.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Johnson's comments about Booger never wanting to admit he's wrong caused him to play the petty man and renege on his word?
Doubtful. Jones is not limited by any constrain for scheduling a Ring of Honor ceremony. He could have easily announced an approximate future date within seconds of Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman putting him on the spot about inducting Johnson. Jones is motivated by his own inner insecurities, not someone's else's words.

rags747

Reaction score
Jimmy treated Jerry exactly the way he needs to be treated, that is stay out of football and let me do my job, he wouldn't let the Assistants even talk to Jerry, but it worked Jimmy kept the team and coaches focused on football. Sure Jimmy was arrogant and full of himself, but If I was the owner and my coach just one two super bowls in a row with a great team coming back next year (And the year after) I think my job would be to keep my mouth shut. They were both to blame IMO, bottom line Jimmy did his job though.
As the owner my job is to be involved in everything from jocks to socks. I’m the owner, you are nothing more than a paid employee. Can we coexist, sure but as the owner I will make all of the ultimate decisions. Musk is much the same way, involved in every single detail.

Plankton

Reaction score
What player that Tex Schramm did not allow in, and should have been in years ago. Then he was one of the 1st players Jerry added?
This could be the same type of thing. Jimmy may not get in until Spaulding is making the decisions.

Lee Roy Jordan. Schramm kept him out because Jordan held out to get a contract for 100K per season. He held out right before the 1974 season opener, and Schramm never forgave him for it.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Jerry won't say "over my dead body", but he may as well be saying it.

WHAT ABOUT THE RING OF HONOR?

“Nothing determined out there at all. That’s something that I’ve never really decided upon almost until a week or two before I do it.”

REALLY?

“Really. No, I’ve never been something that’s had a long tail to it thought process. Obviously the people are qualified are career qualified. So, that is a career process. But as far as the timing of any individual that will ultimately in that Hall of Fame, I don’t have that.”

Jerry wants to be put in the Ring of Honor before Jimmy, so you won't see Jimmy anytime soon. Jerry will be honored once he is dead and gone, after which Jimmy's family will tell the Jones family to shove their Ring of Honor where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BAT