Twitter: Jerry expected to open 2012 RB market check on Demarco?

alicetooljam

Reaction score
So he spoke to someone who has no clue what the Cowboys are actually thinking. Very informative.

It more informative than the 16mil/4years offer that was regurgitated from what they offered him early on this year...and not last week like a lot assumed,

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think a 4 year contract averaging 6-6.5/yr would be fair. I think most would be fine as long it's under 7 or so. Hopefully he would be willing to stay for that, there probably aren't too many teams willing to go much higher than that, especially with the current RB philosophy.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I think a 4 year contract averaging 6-6.5/yr would be fair. I think most would be fine as long it's under 7 or so. Hopefully he would be willing to stay for that, there probably aren't too many teams willing to go much higher than that, especially with the current RB philosophy.

I agree and may would even go more (if they had to) for a shorter term deal, 2-3 years .

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

LOL.... I guess I'm not most. I would not pay 6 for four years. Then again, it's not my money so it really doesn't matter what I would pay.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
So did Beastmode. Hmmmmmmmm..........................is Jerry telling DeMarco that he is gonna test his allegiance or something? Because, ALL those deals AVERAGE over $7.5M a year. If this is true, I can see them offering Murray a 4/$30M or 5/$36M deal. IF THAT AIN'T ENOUGH, LET THE DOOR HIT YA BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be good with it if the deal was team friendly. In other words if Murray's production drops off, we will be able to void portions of the deal.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Too much for the team to pay.

Too much for the team to maintain its identity as a knock the stuffing out of you kind of offense? Yeah, Randle is going to instill so much fear back there, he's a real horse, that one. LOL.

To go from Murray to Randle and suggest that we won't miss a beat is beyond laughable. For some unknown reason, some of you have bought into the old Emmitt Smith line of reasoning, it's all about the offensive line. You actually watch Randle back there with his little slippery, scat back moves and say "Yeah, now there's a guy who can completely wear down a defense." LOL. Oh, or maybe it's some guy in the draft! We're gonna find the NFL's leading rusher in the draft this year! And we're gonna do it despite the fact that we're going to focus on the defensive side of the ball in the draft!

Um, what the hell are some of you thinking?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
so this contract negotiator is basically calling Jerry a liar? Because just the day before Jerry said himself that bringing back Dez and Murray was unreasonable.

That's not what he said. He said if you just look at it from a dollars and cents standpoint, it probably doesn't look reasonable. Why do you think he said "just?" Maybe because there is a lot more to factor in? Like the fact that he was one of the single biggest reasons for the team's success this year?

GermanJohn

Reaction score
Trust me, I don't like jerry in the position that he's in right now, but I do appreciate the businessman side of him. Let him do what he does best, and try to minimize the fallout from anything else he tries to do.

rynochop

Reaction score
Too much for the team to maintain its identity as a knock the stuffing out of you kind of offense? Yeah, Randle is going to instill so much fear back there, he's a real horse, that one. LOL.

To go from Murray to Randle and suggest that we won't miss a beat is beyond laughable. For some unknown reason, some of you have bought into the old Emmitt Smith line of reasoning, it's all about the offensive line. You actually watch Randle back there with his little slippery, scat back moves and say "Yeah, now there's a guy who can completely wear down a defense." LOL. Oh, or maybe it's some guy in the draft! We're gonna find the NFL's leading rusher in the draft this year! And we're gonna do it despite the fact that we're going to focus on the defensive side of the ball in the draft!

yeah, i just laugh at the whole, we.ll just draft a guy in the 4th round and plug him in in ane be fine, stuff. You usually get the tashard choices of the world

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Just go with something around 5.5 mil a year and include some escalating incentives that kick in based strictly upon performance. Boom. Done...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What are YOU thinking?

Where did I ever say anything related to Randle replacing Murray?

Jump to ridiculous conclusions much?

What's truly 'laughable' are the ridiculous assumptions you're jumping to.

If DeMarco Murray is looking to break the bank in a shrinking running back market, let him do it elsewhere.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, i just laugh at the whole, we.ll just draft a guy in the 4th round and plug him in in ane be fine, stuff. You usually get the tashard choices of the world

And if you just draft a guy in the 3rd round, you get the DeMarco Murrays of the world...

:facepalm: