News: Jerry has no regrets with Dak contract

JBS

Reaction score
Well that was my whole point about letting Dak walk and drafting another QB.

They couldn’t win squat while he made pennies and most of these top tier QBs win on their rookie contract. Daks done nothing and he’s paid like a world champion QB.
This team has no chance to build a winner no matter what. It doesn’t matter. They’re too stupid.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Problem with Dak is they can’t build a good enough team around him while paying him.

Problem *was* that we made nothing of the years of having a franchise QB on a 4th round rookie contract.

Dak is making the market price for QB. That's not a handicap to the team relative to all other teams doing so.

I'd rather build up the rest of the team and invest in cheap QB development. I think that's the sweet spot for the NFL. But the rest of the league doesn't agree with me, so I just don't see blaming Dak's market price contracts when all the other teams are paying those kind of rates too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Problem *was* that we made nothing of the years of having a franchise QB on a 4th round rookie contract.

Dak is making the market price for QB. That's not a handicap to the team relative to all other teams doing so.

I'd rather build up the rest of the team and invest in cheap QB development. I think that's the sweet spot for the NFL. But the rest of the league doesn't agree with me, so I just don't see blaming Dak's market price contracts when all the other teams are paying those kind of rates too.

The NFL has screwed up the QB market so badly that it’s an idiots game to pay these guys that aren’t true elite players over building a roster.

shabazz

Reaction score
…..and through the first 7 games, I can understand and why. The problem is that it’s the finishing that matters rather than the start. Maybe next season Dak and the team peaks at the right time

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What's wrong with the atmosphere here?
not enough man love for some? isn't that the gist of the dak love obsession? lmao. go, go, Hollywood, and your man love. okay ken and furboy, I didn't forget you and the fight for daks affection contest.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol what’s he supposed to say?

Id rather have Baker Mayfield at half price and he’s not even that good. Problem with Dak is they can’t build a good enough team around him while paying him.

We'll never know if that's the case as they are putting little effort in doing so.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
No surprise, especially considering it appears $40M is now the floor for starting QB getting a new deal.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...as-asked-if-he-regrets-dak-prescotts-contract
April 13, 2022 @ 8:21pm » Andrew Gould

Jerry Jones Was Asked If He Regrets Dak Prescott’s Contract

Last offseason, Dak Prescott signed a four-year, $160 million contract extension with $126 million in guaranteed salary.

Thirteen months later, Jerry Jones has no buyer’s remorse.

Reflecting on the deal with USA Today‘s Jori Epstein, the Dallas Cowboys owner said he’s happy to have the 28-year-old quarterback for 2022 and beyond.
AND the illegitimate kid wasn't his......................

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
To a worm living in a horseradish, the whole world is a horseradish.. and that is Jerry for you ..he is always right and too stubborn to admit mistakes

GINeric

Reaction score
Jerry lies a lot.

Especially when he said all of his fans are intelligent. Thats got to be a blow to the idiots who don't know football and the same idiot cowards who cheer against their own players to fail, but hide the week those said players play well....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
not enough man love for some? isn't that the gist of the dak love obsession? lmao. go, go, Hollywood, and your man love. okay ken and furboy, I didn't forget you and the fight for daks affection contest.
For someone who for 10+ years slobbered all over Romo, time sure proved you wrong, didn't it? At least Dak still has half of his book yet to be written. I wonder what you will do when Dak takes this team further than Romo ever did?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll bet Jerry would be even prouder of signing Dak if he'd signed him much earlier than he did. :muttley:

Frozen700

Reaction score
I mean I don't expect him to say anything other than that until he leaves

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Someone should ask Jerry if he regrets drafting:

Picsart-22-04-15-05-48-15-353.jpg

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The number is probably higher than that now seeing how much the offense has gotten worse this offseason.

If this same poll is done after next season I'd say it will be closer to 90% because Dak is going to regress without Cooper, Collins, and Wilson not being replaced with equal or better talent.
I think a lot of the Dakazoids don't realize there's a pretty good chance Dak gets worse this year, not better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think a lot of the Dakazoids don't realize there's a pretty good chance Dak gets worse this year, not better.
How so?

Dak is resting right now, rehabbing and improving on his game. How would he get worse this year? Makes very little sense.

nobody

Reaction score
For someone who for 10+ years slobbered all over Romo, time sure proved you wrong, didn't it? At least Dak still has half of his book yet to be written. I wonder what you will do when Dak takes this team further than Romo ever did?

I'm not sure that he will... though I don't blame Dak for that. Did you see how gutless the team was against the 49ers? That's a culture problem and stems from the GM/owner. Dak's career will get wasted just like Romo's. Bank on it.

Section446

Reaction score
Of course he doesn't, Jerry loves mediocrity and it doesn't get more mediocre than Dak.