News: Jerry has no regrets with Dak contract

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
THEY cant be a good team around anyone with or without paying him. Real GMs can build around paying their QB whatever but somehow the Cowboys are completely outclassed when it comes to cap management and free agency.
Yes, having a quality GM makes a difference.
As long as we have an unqualified GM,
We are just spinning our wheels.

Jipper

Reaction score
I didnt imply that you were. I was agreeing with you. The Dak turds angle was that Dak's contract would cripple the Cowboys and that he was the highest paid QB.

We told them over and over that in a few years his contract would be in line with his ranking. That it was the way of new contracts to make someone the highest paid.

Like all of their claims over the last 6 years they are dead wrong.

Got you, I miss read my apologies.

I hope dak plays like a 5 and gets paid like a 10, but he's going to have to figure out what was working the first 6 games last year and bring it back

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans are fed up with Jerry.
What else are they supposed to do ?
Sit there and take it?
It makes me feel better to vent and as this is an opinion forum seems within the scope.
Day after day after day of complaining. At this point, it's become juvenile. If one is fed up and can't accept it, probably best to go find another team to follow because the Jones are not selling the team nor changing how they run their business.

conner01

Reaction score
No surprise, especially considering it appears $40M is now the floor for starting QB getting a new deal.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...as-asked-if-he-regrets-dak-prescotts-contract
April 13, 2022 @ 8:21pm » Andrew Gould

Jerry Jones Was Asked If He Regrets Dak Prescott’s Contract

Last offseason, Dak Prescott signed a four-year, $160 million contract extension with $126 million in guaranteed salary.

Thirteen months later, Jerry Jones has no buyer’s remorse.

Reflecting on the deal with USA Today‘s Jori Epstein, the Dallas Cowboys owner said he’s happy to have the 28-year-old quarterback for 2022 and beyond.
If he was being honest his only regret would have been not getting it done a year earlier
Probably been a little cheaper and saved money over tag amount

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a stupid question to ask any GM.
^ This. Would it not be great if every press member started harassing Jones with something substantial like the following?

"Jerry, it has been several decades since your breakup with Jimmy Johnson. In that time, you have enjoyed relatively successful drafts occasionally, plus hired and fired head coaches. Your franchise has reached the postseason rarely and bowed out early when it did make the playoffs. During the post-Johnson era, you and your eldest son have been the one constant variable in the team's football operations. From a managerial standpoint, why do you stick with a general manager/player personnel partnership that has not translated in the conference championship and Super Bowl appearances for the past 26 years? Especially when there are alternatives as qualified or more qualified than Stephen and you?" ~then sticks microphone in his face~

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Got you, I miss read my apologies.

I hope dak plays like a 5 and gets paid like a 10, but he's going to have to figure out what was working the first 6 games last year and bring it back

Thats a very easy one. The Oline is what wasnt working. Which hurt the run game, the passing game and the penalties.