Jerry Has Spoken Regarding Dak

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Game time decision. Dak said he went “full go” yesterday. If there aren’t any setbacks— then we would be dumb not to play him— and if it tightens up— then we pull him.

This training staff is great. They won’t risk his health unwisely. Too much at stake this season

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah those were special times. The .500 record and zero playoff wins were truly magical.

You realize it took time to build something, right? Dallas was complete junk starting in the 2000s before he took over. 5-11 three straight times. Our roster had no talent. He took Quincy Carter to the playoffs. That itself was a feat. He made the decision to keep Romo on the PS. Him and Payton. He pulled the plug on Bledsoe and inserted Romo and gave this franchise life. Had he stuck around to bear the fruits of his labor, maybe things would have been different. Wade took over what Parcells built up and put it on cruise control. He wasn't a real head coach.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I liked it better back when Parcells would make the decision if someone was well enough to play.....seemingly, on his own.
I listen to Mike Fisher and he said watching Dak at practice hes 100%. They just arent going to announce that, but the decision to play Dak has already been made. Just because Jerry speaks on it doesnt mean hes walking over to Mike and telling him what to do. Some of you are just ridiculous with the Jerry hate.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I'll go with the owner of the team.
its-a-bold-move-cotton-lets-see-if-it-pays-off.jpg

stiletto

Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Several players who played with calf injuries have ended up rupturing their achilles. Very common cause. Damien Woody is one that comes to mind. They are directly related, that is why it is important to let the calf heal properly.

https://www.footlevelers.com/blog/2...don-injury-most-likely-caused-by-calf-injury/

As Zack Martin said who had to deal with a calf injury, saying his situation was much different, after all Dak would not be locking up with 300 pounders along the trenches. Woody was an OG and I'm sure there is a lot more stress put on calf than that of a QB. Trying to compare 1 person injury and situation pretty hard to do.

stiletto

Reaction score
As Zack Martin said who had to deal with a calf injury, saying his situation was much different, after all Dak would not be locking up with 300 pounders along the trenches. Woody was an OG and I'm sure there is a lot more stress put on calf than that of a QB. Trying to compare 1 person injury and situation pretty hard to do.

Yeah Dak wouldn't do much jumping and stuff like Durant either but saying "it won't" happen is dangerous too. I would rather lose Dak for 1-2 games with 3/4 of the season left to be sure things heal up than he be gone the rest of the season. I'd be very cautious, you'd think Jethro would want to be that way too even if we take a L at Minny..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah Dak wouldn't do much jumping and stuff like Durant either but saying "it won't" happen is dangerous too. I would rather lose Dak for 1-2 games with 3/4 of the season left to be sure things heal up than he be gone the rest of the season. I'd be very cautious, you'd think Jethro would want to be that way too even if we take a L at Minny..

But you are assuming he would get hurt. As I said I leave it up to people who know and that is the trainers and especially Britt Brown make the call. These men are working closely with Dak and know all the facts. We as fans do not know. What we do is guess and basing it on what we may have seen with another player yet there are many facts we are not privy to and without those facts we can't make any intelligent recommendation.

stiletto

Reaction score
But you are assuming he would get hurt. As I said I leave it up to people who know and that is the trainers and especially Britt Brown make the call. These men are working closely with Dak and know all the facts. We as fans do not know. What we do is guess and basing it on what we may have seen with another player yet there are many facts we are not privy to and without those facts we can't make any intelligent recommendation.

Not assuming, just saying the risk is probably higher if he is still nursing something. Hopefully he is about fully healed anyways. I agree..let the medical staff be the ultimate decision makers with something like this.

ShortRound

Reaction score
And this is why the GM can't also be the owner. He's trying to influence this.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Yeah those were special times. The .500 record and zero playoff wins were truly magical.

How many of those years did he have Quincy Carter and a very raw Tony Romo throwing throwing the ball? Quincey had his only good year under Parcells. He was out of the NFL and throwing INTs in the Arena League. He wasn't even good enough to be a backup in the CFL. That proves that Parcells can couch. He inherited a bad team and took them to the playoffs which we should've at least won that Seattle game. Yes, he was a shell of his former self but he still did a good job here regardless of the hand he was dealt.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
With how superstitious Jerry is, I’d be amazed if they let Dak play hurt on Halloween. He’s gonna have to be close to 100% for the staff to let him play.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
When even Jerry is not completely sold on Dak playing, then he is not playing. Jerry is the eternal optimist, or some may call it the complete fool, when the deck is stacked against him. In this case, even he does not sound too sure. So let it be known that Rush will be the victim, i mean QB, come Sunday night.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hell I hope Jerry is right. I'm sorry if Dak plays and it disappoints people. If trainers do not feel Dak should not play then don't play him but if they feel he is a go then you play. That is football,