Twitter: Jerry hopes Gregory plays in 2018

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I seriously think Goodell caught Jerry banging his wife:laugh:

Only thing that would logically explain Goodell's hatred of Jerry and the Cowboys.

Well, there WAS that incident when Jerry tried to convince the league owners not to vote for Roger's raise.
He actually seemed to take that seriously! Maybe Goodell likes money more than his wife, I dunno. :huh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How much would Jerry be gloating his *** off with Gregory and Jaylon both playing?

Reactions: G2

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gregory could start but even if he doesn't, having him and Charles Tapper as situational pass rushers would add a lot to the defense.

I seriously don't understand why there is so much push against this guy getting reinstated. He has more than paid his dues in suspension. It's BS that the league has dragged their feet in this whole mess.

ghst187

Reaction score
Really think Goodell will allow it? He will do something rotten to mess with this

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If either of them could contribute, or come close to the expectations we've had for them, that would be awesome. And it would go a long way in determining who exactly is manning this team's RDE position.

Right now, it's Crawford, and while he does a nice job and gives his all, he's certainly not the player that you ideally want lining up there.

Mayowa is gone, so there's plenty of room for these young guys to step up.
How long to you have to keep that avatar?

I hope you could’ve won a million dollars or it was an unfair bet.

Roland

Reaction score
Like many other on here, I am hoping for the best for this kid. If he has stayed clean and gotten his life together, I hope he gets re-instated. He could be a very good addition to our D Line. I am not counting on him, but if he does play, that is good for him and it is good for us. If he and Jaylon both play and contribute well, does that change some peoples opinion of all these "second round gambles". Still yet to be determined...

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he still has three yrs left on his deal because he has been suspended.
This was going to be my question. I guess he's only accrued 1 NFL season.
So 3 years left in a rookie 2nd round pick with explosive pass rush.
Cutting him makes ZERO sense to me

Jipper

Reaction score
i know jerry has high hopes that this guy will bud in the fall, but the chances are likely going to go up in smoke if Gregory doesnt have his head on right....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The only real issue I have is trusting he won't screw up again. I mean, regardless of if he has a mental illness or disease he made the choice to use an illegal and banned substance. He could have just as easily gotten a prescription for something to help his condition and non of this would have happened.
And, the fact that he hasn't played football at the NFL level hardly at all.

Jipper

Reaction score
The only real issue I have is trusting he won't screw up again. I mean, regardless of if he has a mental illness or disease he made the choice to use an illegal and banned substance. He could have just as easily gotten a prescription for something to help his condition and non of this would have happened.
And, the fact that he hasn't played football at the NFL level hardly at all.

well...that is what training camp is for and he has to be treated as if he were an UDFA rookie trying to make the fringe of the 53. As long as they treat him that way and dont guarnatee him a spot then i think it works out. Obviously, if he makes it through training camp and earns a spot the only other issue is the trust factor....for that, they must weigh the risk vs reward which will be clear on how he performs in training camp and preseason

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Incredible how a guy that plays a few games over a 3 year period and has done nothing but get in trouble gets so much positive attention. Meanwhile back at the farm talentless Heath works his way up to starter by staying clean, working hard and leading the cowboys in TOs and folks can't wait to get rid of him.

True, but not Gregory’s fault that fans are fickle

Jipper

Reaction score
True, but not Gregory’s fault that fans are fickle
i think the point here is that there is upside left and no more downside except completly cutting the guy. Back when we drafted him and into the 1st two years, he was taking up a roster spot and was part of the plan...now he is doing neither and the only way he is on the roster is if 1) he is clean and can be and 2) really shows in training camp and preseason that he has earned a spot.

Hes not part of the plans and his investement has already been lost and accounted for....no reason at this point to not give him a shot at making the team.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’m not sure if that’s accurate. He has 1 year left, but will be an ERFA after the season and a RFA after the following season.
I can't say for sure, but I doubt the time he's been suspended counts as accrued time against his contract. It wouldn't make sense. He hasn't been playing or getting paid, so I see no way it would count as time on his contract.

Jipper

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I doubt the time he's been suspended counts as accrued time against his contract. It wouldn't make sense. He hasn't been playing or getting paid, so I see no way it would count as time on his contract.
fairly certain it doesnt....