Twitter: Jerry hopes Gregory plays in 2018

Hayseed

Reaction score
I was one that was pounding the table on draft weekend on every message board I could find once the story broke that we intended to draft him in the second round to NOT PICK HIM. As an avid Big 10 watcher I always thought Gregorys game was kind of soft. That once a lineman threw him around a little and got a little rough he would just kind of roll over for him and say NO MAS. His game was and is speed and finesse. You take that away from him by roughing him up a little and its game over. Never saw his ceiling as all that high to begin with,.... more of a situational passrusher so he doesnt have to stand in there and take the beating against the run. The kid just doesnt have it in him for that at all. To say nothing of the habitual pot use and mental issues. Heres the thing,... the Dallas Cowboys are a Pro football team,.... NOT a Betty Ford clinic. We have to draft players in our own best interest,.... not guys who NEED us. Having said all that,.... I hope he can be successful for us. If he is it can only help. Just not holding my breath at all.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As an avid Big 10 watcher I always thought Gregorys game was kind of soft. That once a lineman threw him around a little and got a little rough he would just kind of roll over for him and say NO MAS. His game was and is speed and finesse. You take that away from him by roughing him up a little and its game over. Never saw his ceiling as all that high to begin with,.... more of a situational passrusher so he doesnt have to stand in there and take the beating against the run. Having said all that,.... I hope he can be successful for us. If he is it can only help. Just not holding my breath at all.

Gregory actually had a monster of a game for us in his last game. 6 tackles, one sack. As DE. That's huge. More like LB numbers.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00/gamelog/2016/

That doesn't sound so soft.

But even if he is soft, if he is anything like what people thought just as a pass rusher, I'd take that with a bottom of the 2nd round pick any day.

It will be interesting to see what he's got if he makes it back on the field.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He could be a 10 sack a year guy that makes DLaw easier to let go of in 2019 if......
That's really projecting.

I'd be satisfied if he can get past being friisked each day of practice for papers, chilllums and bongs and check his fingers for pot smoke stains.

Know what I mean?

My expectations are low..

Or is it "high ?"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If either of them could contribute, or come close to the expectations we've had for them, that would be awesome. And it would go a long way in determining who exactly is manning this team's RDE position.

Right now, it's Crawford, and while he does a nice job and gives his all, he's certainly not the player that you ideally want lining up there.

Mayowa is gone, so there's plenty of room for these young guys to step up.

I think Crawford is the fallback, just as he's been at all the line positions except 1-tech the past couple of years. Ideally, Lawrence and Charlton are the starters.