Jerry: I like our roster, we couldnt afford Derrick Henry

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Henry supposedly wanted to be here in DFW and even stated that the Cowboys never even contacted his agent. What a crock of crap by Jerry.

It's the same stuff I was saying all last week. Jerry doesn't care about winning. As long as we are relevant and the media is talking about his team, that's all that matters. If we had a competent GM, they'd have figured out how to get Henry here.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Very untrue the Cowboys still have over 20 million in cap space, its simple math Jerry. However, watching Henry today he still is strong, but I just can't see him having the same success in our system. We're doing a poor job opening space for the running game.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He'd have success in any system. He's a beast.
LOL not here. he'd fall for a few yards, and that's it. this o-line doesn't create holes, and McCarthy's rhythm on when and how to run is ineffective. need a new OC and revised playbook first. Henry knew there's little chance to win a SB here in Dallas right now, Ravens give him a MUCH better chance...so the Cowboys would have had to really break the bank for him, just wouldn't have been worth it. hec, they run too much as it is...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know what's the worst part of this? It's gaslighting! Jerry knows it's manure. He knows we know it's manure. He's fully aware of how angry our fanbase is at him from the press conference in training camp. Yet, he spews this obvious bull**** expecting us to buy it. All it's going to do is anger us, his teams' fanbase further. What other business openly lies to its customers like this and expects us to return constantly? The only reason I'm still a fan is because 1. It's my childhood team and I can't quit them and 2. I'm 31, so, odds are, I'll outlive him. Hopefully, his son sells the team after Jerry goes to Hell so I can have some hope of seeing success.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How would you know, you didn't ask. Maybe he plays here on a cheaper deal than what he signed in Baltimore. Also if you would stop overpaying above average QB's you could absolutely afford henry.

Exactly, and, with Texas having no state income tax, there's a chance he comes here for $6 mil if Jerry wants to penny pinch. But Jerry just gaslights us with this obvious lie. I'd rather he just comes out honestly and tells us he doesn't care about winning, and if we want winners, there are 31 other teams. That'd at least be honest from him.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
The truth is why even bother if he was a dollar? This franchise is so impressed with itself and blinded by its own rhetoric that they can’t even see reality anymore. Henry with this out of sync offense would be marginally better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The truth is why even bother if he was a dollar? This franchise is so impressed with itself and blinded by its own rhetoric that they can’t even see reality anymore. Henry with this out of sync offense would be marginally better.

Not just marginally. It'd be significantly better. We would actually have a running game. We would actually be able to have a balanced offense. When your QB has no running game, you become one dimensional. It becomes significantly easier to beat a team that can't run the ball.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
That was a shot at Dak. But at the end of the day it’s Jerry that decided to give him $60m a year