Jerry: I wouldn’t trade this defense for any other

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That was how I interpreted it.
Don't know if the headline for this thread is Risen's interpretation of what Jerry said or Machota's. Either way, it's not what Jerry said.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We are a very solid pass rush and DB defense. They feed on each other creating turnovers. And it’s why we usually steamroll bad QBs or teams that let the lead slip away. We’re not horrible at run defense, but just looking at the numbers, you can out-physical us. Fast, undersized defense.
We frustrated Barkley, but we knew he was the only real threat. It appears to me that we played a lot of our bigger lineup with either Hankins or Mazi out there and Parsons at linebacker.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Same defense gave up 42 to SF and 28 to Philly. Josh Dobbs took their lunch money.

How did he feel then?

That’s why you just shut up Jerry. Try to learn that and maybe it may not be so damn difficult for the staff to motivate a team into and through a postseason.

Dakota

Reaction score
Did they all put their 2nd and 3rd stringers in for the 4th quarter, which is when the Giants scored their 2nd TD?
I think their QB was a 3rd stringer yet our starters were in untill the 4th quarter even with a sizable lead. You think maybe we were looking to run up the score and pad the stats? You know you can't have it both ways.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think their QB was a 3rd stringer yet our starters were in untill the 4th quarter even with a sizable lead. You think maybe we were looking to run up the score and pad the stats? You know you can't have it both ways.
If they were looking to run up the score, they wouldn't have pulled the starters at all. But what does that have to do with the post to which I was responding?

pitt33

Reaction score
Well, for total defense, the Browns are #1 and the Ravens are #2. We are at #3. So, there's that.....not sure if that includes yesterday's games.
Mary -

I will say the defensive numbers are skewed slightly by the quality of teams they’ve played. The true defensive tests will come into play soon enough with the teams they face in the last third of the season.

But a top 5 ranking is really good.

Just think if they had Diggs…

Dakota

Reaction score
If they were looking to run up the score, they wouldn't have pulled the starters at all. But what does that have to do with the post to which I was responding?
I guess it would have to do with the comment, "Did they all put their 2nd and 3rd stringers in for the 4th quarter", implying that the last points were scored when our starters were out, yet, all of their points were scored with a 3rd string QB. Hmmmm...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess it would have to do with the comment, "Did they all put their 2nd and 3rd stringers in for the 4th quarter", implying that the last points were scored when our starters were out, yet, all of their points were scored with a 3rd string QB. Hmmmm...
Yeah, a whopping 10 points scored against the starters, after the game was well in hand. The post was complaining about the Giants scoring 17.

Dakota

Reaction score
Yeah, a whopping 10 points scored against the starters, after the game was well in hand. The post was complaining about the Giants scoring 17.
Well ok, how many points did the giants score in the course of a 60 minute game against us? How many did all other teams, other than the pathetic cardinals, hold them to in the same 60 minutes? Point is, not much difference.

MS17

Reaction score
Mary -

I will say the defensive numbers are skewed slightly by the quality of teams they’ve played. The true defensive tests will come into play soon enough with the teams they face in the last third of the season.

But a top 5 ranking is really good.

Just think if they had Diggs…
This is true. The time for blowing kisses and praising is after the team goes through the meat of the schedule (Eagles, Seattle, Buffalo, Dolphins, Lions).
Beating the Giants and Carolina to a pulp is not a very high bar, to me.

BigD5

Reaction score
Would you prefer he said, "Umm, no, I'd rather have those guys playing for my team than these guys."
Quit defending Jerry. Just stop. We have to stop having fans defend this moron and the ridiculous things he says. It should not be ok for him to talk in the media as much as he does. This is the problem