Jerry: I wouldn’t trade this defense for any other

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Saying he wouldn't trade them for any other is different than saying they the best. He's supposed to say that. Jerry Rice was the best but I wouldn't have traded Irvin for him
Good comparison. Imagine if during their heyday Jerry had said he'd trade Irvin straight up for Rice any day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mary -

I will say the defensive numbers are skewed slightly by the quality of teams they’ve played. The true defensive tests will come into play soon enough with the teams they face in the last third of the season.

But a top 5 ranking is really good.

Just think if they had Diggs…
Every defense's numbers are skewed by the quality of teams. They all face some really good ones and some pretty bad ones, so their position in the rankings is fair. Not all dominate the bad ones the way we have (or give up as much to the really good ones as we have).

Kwyn

Reaction score

No, we don’t have the best defense. It’s really good but there are one or two that might be better.

Don’t think that’s what Jerry was saying but the tweet asked a question.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I know we have a great D but the only other team that allowed more points against the giants this year was the cardinals and we know how pitiful they are. Every other team has limited the giants to less than 17 points.
You really putting stock on that garbage TD at the end of the game?

Look beyond the stats.

Our defense straight up dominated the Fiants, as they should have done considering their QB situation.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This defense has failed to stop the best teams this year.

Led 17-14 Half against Philly a gimpy Hurts marched down the field 2 opening 2nd half TD’s. Double digit deficit .

Against SF non compete. Dallas needs to put away the feel good Tommy DeVito beating and beat Carolina Wash & Seattle to make a Dec rematch against Philly meaningful .

Gambit

Reaction score
That is not the same as saying we have the best defense. He was asked a question and did not answer it directly, just saying that he is happy with our defense.
People seem to just forget these quotes are answers to a direct question and not just random people just standing up and saying this unprovoked

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Quit defending Jerry. Just stop. We have to stop having fans defend this moron and the ridiculous things he says. It should not be ok for him to talk in the media as much as he does. This is the problem
I'm not defending Jerry. I'm pointing out how silly it sounds to berate him, even when he do something deserving of it. It makes the person saying it look bad, not Jerry.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The league is overhyped with the Ravens D, who were called out yesterday against yet another AFC team. The Ravens overall stats are so skewed it's mentioned, but not talked enough about. Lamar et al succeed at a high level against NFC teams, and against AFC foes who have seen him multiple times they are a different team. We get bashed for our deficienvies, yet they get an honorable mention for theirs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know we have a great D but the only other team that allowed more points against the giants this year was the cardinals and we know how pitiful they are. Every other team has limited the giants to less than 17 points.
Yeah but did those other teams have the cheerleaders putting on pads by the middle of the 3rd quarter?