News: Jerry: "I'm looking for reasons to keep Garrett"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If there was any doubt of Jerry knowing/hearing of Meyer's interest, this should clear that up

Jerry Jones: It’s a “compliment” for Urban Meyer to be interested in Cowboys job
Posted by Mike Florio on October 22, 2019, 10:23 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-urban-meyer-to-be-interested-in-cowboys-job/

Urban Meyer recently talked publicly about his interest in coaching the Cowboys. Other coaches (including the one who currently coaches the Cowboys) would regard that as a faux pas. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones regards it differently.

“For Urban Meyer to say that is a compliment,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “Period. I really know that. The job is a great job. Now, that’s not implying that I made it that way or I don’t make it that way. It’s just the place to be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry is the most hated sports figure in Dallas.

The sportswriters and local tv broadcasters who have criticized him the most are the most followed and popular in Dallas.

They hate him because he hires losers like Garrett.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure how to take this or what it means.......lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...is-looking-for-reasons-to-keep-jason-garrett/

Jerry Jones is “looking for reasons” to keep Jason Garrett
Posted by Charean Williams on October 21, 2019, 3:06 PM EDT

The Cowboys front office repeatedly expressed public support for Jason Garrett last week in the midst of a three-game losing streak. Both Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones said Garrett’s job was not on the line in Sunday’s game against the Eagles.

They weren’t lying.

The Cowboys owner, in fact, said he wants to keep Garrett beyond this season after Garrett’s contract expires.

“I am looking for reasons. I’m looking for reasons to keep him,” Jones said. “It’s merited here. It’s hard to get an effective coach and get it locked in with all you have to do retool and redo

what it means for Garrett is "DO OR DIE" all season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Speak for yourself.
As a matter of fact we applaud him for attempting to overcome the greatest deterrent in Cowboys Football.

Something no other Puppet has been able to accomplish without a 2 Time Super Bowl Championship team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a matter of fact we applaud him for attempting to overcome the greatest deterrent in Cowboys Football.

Something no other Puppet has been able to accomplish without a 2 Time Super Bowl Championship team.

You truly are the village idiot. LOL

GMO415

Reaction score
JJ is 77 years old. He doesn't want to live / die waiting for a college HC to catch up to the NFL game. So all you Lincoln Riley fans....it ain't happening

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
JJ is 77 years old. He doesn't want to live / die waiting for a college HC to catch up to the NFL game. So all you Lincoln Riley fans....it ain't happening
Right? He'd rather search for excuses for Garrett because that will take him further.
I savvy.