Jerry interview, saw it just before getting on plane

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok, so Jerry was being interviewed. Can't remember who the interviewers were but I caught this quickly.

Jerry said... (Paraphrasing)

When I put $140 million on table to buy cowboys it was a risk and THAT risk earned me the right to do things that I do now.

The male interviewer was laughing at Jerry and that reasoning... Like really, that's what you are saying 25 years later???

We aren't going anywhere. I know some joke about Al Davis disease but Jerry has the strain that has evolved way worse than the one Al Davis had.

If someone can expound on the interview, I only say a quick passing glimpse.

visionary

Reaction score
Let me simplify it for you

JERRY IS THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL IDIOT IN THE FRONT OFFICE IF ANY NFL FRANCHISE , followed closely by Stephen

Al Davis , lil Napoleon, and brown (bengals) wish they were half as delusional as these 2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol but he wrote his name and Owens name on a napkin with Cowboys above it and told TO that the Cowboys are bigger than any 1 man,

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He is right. It is his money and he owns the team. He has a personal vested interest in making the franchise a success while doing it his way. He has said this many times. Why does this surprise anyone?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Uhhh.......we didn't ask you to buy the team and run the history into the ground. As a matter of fact, I really wish YOU hadn't.

And THAT is a fact, jack!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He is right. It is his money and he owns the team. He has a personal vested interest in making the franchise a success while doing it his way. He has said this many times. Why does this surprise anyone?

I don't think anybody's surprised.

shmee

Reaction score
I was surprised by it. Hearing it come out of his mouth like that was almost shocking to me even though I knew that before he said it. It's just comical, he's a smart man and he MUST know how clueless he sounds, right?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I was surprised byis Jerry'it. Hearing it come out of his mouth like that was almost shocking to me even though I knew that before he said it. It's just comical, he's a smart man and he MUST know how clueless he sounds, right?

You would think so. IMO Jerry's previous success in business doing it his way combined with his early success with the team and the league fuels his passion. This is personal for Jerry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He's been paid back for his investment 10 times over.

We shouldn't have to suffer because the fans are the people that made it a good investment for him and I wish we had the ability to unite and take it away from him at this point.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Agreed.

And he absolutely has that right. Just because we might not like it doesn't mean he has to change anything he does.

shmee

Reaction score
You would think so. IMO Jerry's previous success in business doing it his way combined with his early success with the team and the league fuels his passion. This is personal for Jerry.

I agree 100%. I was telling my wife about this whole situation, like she really cares, and again saying out loud was almost shocking to me, he's the only owner/general manager in the NFL, he's the only owner or general manager I know of who has a radio show, multiple weekly almost daily interviews, where most of the time he tells the rest of league our strategy for that week. It's sad. For us.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"When I put $140 million on table to buy cowboys it was a risk and THAT risk earned me the right to do things that I do now."

I actually think that's a pretty convincing argument. I don't have to like it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't believe people would actually defend Jones handling of the Cowboys. Just ridiculous.

The point is that an owner has the right to run the franchise he bought into the ground if that's what he wants to do. It's a comment on the nature of ownership more than it is a referendum on anything Jerry Jones has done in Dallas.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The point is that an owner has the right to run the franchise he bought into the ground if that's what he wants to do. It's a comment on the nature of ownership more than it is a referendum on anything Jerry Jones has done in Dallas.

I disagree. The Cowboys aren't a typical business enterprise. They have history that pre-dates Jones that should be upheld to standards close to that history. Jones has made a laughingstock out of the Cowboys under his rule. The fans will eventually speak by not showing up anymore. But you're right. There's no law, regulation anywhere that prevents him from destroying the Cowboys.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. The Cowboys aren't a typical business enterprise. They have history that pre-dates Jones that should be upheld to standards close to that history. Jones has made a laughingstock out of the Cowboys under his rule. The fans will eventually speak by not showing up anymore. But you're right. There's no law, regulation anywhere that prevents him from destroying the Cowboys.
In what way is he destroying them? They are more valuable now than ever before.

Fans get butt hurt when the team doesn't do well and lose touch with the fact that, as long as we continue to buy tickets and jerseys, the owners have no obligation to change anything.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In what way is he destroying them? They are more valuable now than ever before.

Fans get butt hurt when the team doesn't do well and lose touch with the fact that, as long as we continue to buy tickets and jerseys, the owners have no obligation to change anything.

LOL!!!