Jerry interview, saw it just before getting on plane

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You know what I meant, don't go to the classic condescending laugh when you don't have an actual argument.

Yea, I know what you meant. That's why I was laughing. It is funny. No disrespect meant.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
"When I put $140 million on table to buy cowboys it was a risk and THAT risk earned me the right to do things that I do now."

I actually think that's a pretty convincing argument. I don't have to like it.

Thanks for the exact quote.

I actually think it is downright irresponsible.
The risk he took and the risk that paid off has zero to do with today and the decisions made today.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It seems llike the reporter was.

He was. And he thought it ad comical. What Jerry said and what reporter thought wad comical had nothing to do with ones worth. Billionaire vs common man reporter. It was a ridiculous answer.

This is personal for Jerry.

You are so right. It is. It is soooo obvious too.

It's Too bad that he will die trying. He won't get it done. Then he will die.
Then when he goes we get Stephen. "I will win a Super Bowl for you dad, no matter what it takes, * I * will do it for you"

We got another 20 years of this BS!

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I disagree. The Cowboys aren't a typical business enterprise. They have history that pre-dates Jones that should be upheld to standards close to that history. Jones has made a laughingstock out of the Cowboys under his rule. The fans will eventually speak by not showing up anymore. But you're right. There's no law, regulation anywhere that prevents him from destroying the Cowboys.

Stating the obvious: it's a franchise business. He owns a franchise of the National Football League. I think the NFL might have something to say about someone who is destroying one of their franchises, if it comes to that. Thing is, he's doing fine in the one way that is the only thing the NFL cares about: the Cowboys are still making money. As long as that's true, the only ones who are unhappy are Cowboys fans.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
In what way is he destroying them? They are more valuable now than ever before.

Fans get butt hurt when the team doesn't do well and lose touch with the fact that, as long as we continue to buy tickets and jerseys, the owners have no obligation to change anything.

He IS destroying them; he's destroying our legacy. We were once a proud franchise, now a laughingstock.

But your second paragraph is true, and until that changes nothing else will.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The Cowboys are the shining example of parity. Not that they produce in the post season but they prove it works. Stay average with a chance to make the playoffs to keep people interested. The NFL has no issues with Jerry or the Cowboys.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Stating the obvious: it's a franchise business. He owns a franchise of the National Football League. I think the NFL might have something to say about someone who is destroying one of their franchises, if it comes to that. Thing is, he's doing fine in the one way that is the only thing the NFL cares about: the Cowboys are still making money. As long as that's true, the only ones who are unhappy are Cowboys fans.

You nailed it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Never denied he's making a butt load of money for himself.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Ok, so Jerry was being interviewed. Can't remember who the interviewers were but I caught this quickly.

Jerry said... (Paraphrasing)

When I put $140 million on table to buy cowboys it was a risk and THAT risk earned me the right to do things that I do now.

The male interviewer was laughing at Jerry and that reasoning... Like really, that's what you are saying 25 years later???

We aren't going anywhere. I know some joke about Al Davis disease but Jerry has the strain that has evolved way worse than the one Al Davis had.

If someone can expound on the interview, I only say a quick passing glimpse.

Well, he's right. He bought the team.