Jerry is a Businessman not a GM!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s a reliable rule of thumb about GMs in pro sports:
If you get the position of GM not by being qualified, but by writing a check, it’s a bad sign.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We have the absolute best marketing guru running this team..are you guys excited you support the most valuable franchise in all of sports?
I have always enjoyed this team..

Win or lose.

Jerrah is unique.

I have learned to live with the shortcomings and love the good stuff.

This pro football is the toughest sport to win at that has been devised.

That is what is so interesting.

So we wait.

:starspin:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Businessman?.....somewhat....not to be confused with marketing.

Marketer?....yes, this is his strength.

Salesman?......not really.....he can't seem to make trades that benefit the Cowboys at all.........Free Agents?....he can't seem to close the deals..either incoming or our own TOP FA's (see DLaw).........he can't seem to sell Goodell on ANYTHING.

GM? :laugh: :lmao: :lmao2:

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I was buying a football team and was going to hire a GM, I would not hire Jerry as the GM. Having said that he is the owner of the Cowboys and over the course of that time people still feel the need to say he is not a GM, I think we all get it by now. As a fan of this team all I hope to see if Jerry hiring good people whose input can help make a difference. I have much trust in McClay and for the most part Jerry has listened to that input. I think if you look around the NFL all GM use the input of the people they hire from scouting department to coaches but in the end they make the call.

BillyBates

Reaction score
has anyone placed three SB trophies in the case?...huh, ill be dammed, me nether.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Water is Wet
Trees are wood.
* brilliant concept #15,374, manipulate the genetic make-up of american aquatic riverine beaver specie's genome into converting the abundant liquid source of H-2-O they seemingly thrive in, into metabolically converted transformation of the inflammable petrochemical type of bodily expelled effluent from under that water slapping flat tail,,,PRESTO-CHANGEO& BANGO UP the ol' BINGO fellers, you've done cornered the market of the environmental ,green swing,save our planet blithering gibberish ( ya, gibberish, as this very same planets humankind has suffered , survived & hammered on thru in an stiffly erect hammer down manner of obvious grand fashion,,, from ancient nuclear weapons detonations,massive tidal
/ world wide flooding, comet/meteor strikes from the ,,,er,,,Heavens,,,and even Adam Sandler movies,too!*

Now,them modified riverine beaver varmints would be crapping out the perfect SUNDAY FOOTBALL B-B-Q GRILLING BRIQUETTES ya see? with that added flavoring &faintly pleasant aromatherapy of BEAVER to boot ,TOO!
o_O

CCBoy

Reaction score

Your comment upon the admin that was placed by Jerry, and team directions that had to be developed since the lock out, and was?

Maybe making the playoffs with strong teams in three of the past five seasons stinks as well?

The team now has all the number of top level players to field a top playoff team...argue this?

Oh, and Jerry WAS the GM.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Jimmy ran that team, Jerry just said yea to what Jimmy said, it's been proven now over 20+ years who made the boys in the 90s, sure in hell was no one named jones

This post is wrong on so many levels.. Pretty sure Jerry had more input on team decisions in the 90s, hence the reason why Jerry and Jimmy butted heads and ultimately separated. (For better or worse)

I always find it amusing when Jerry haters act like Jimmy Johnson was some kind of guru. Was he a good coach?..sure. Was he the only reason Dallas won Superbowls in the 90s?.. not hardly.

Some people seem to forget it was Jerry’s call..

-To fire Landry and hire Jimmy in the first place
-To trade Hershel Walker and collected draft capital that Jimmy needed to build the team
-During the non-‘salary cap’ years, it was Jerry’s money that was spent to keep all the HOF players Jimmy had at his disposal.
-When Jimmy has to deal with a salary cap as the Miami Dolphins HC, how did he fair? Average team and record and ultimately quit.
-Jimmy rode the wave from his Miami Hurricane college championship team and likewise drafted many those players.. how many players did he actually coach up and/or develop?

So, before folks start acting like Jimmy was a god of coaching.. let’s remember it was Jimmys team that was constantly in trouble outside of football. In today’s world of social media and salary cap.. Jimmy would be fired. Folks also should realize Jerry Jones had a lot to do with Jimmys success.. not to mention, had it not been for Jerry buying the team..The Cowboys would have never sniffed three more Superbowls. How bout giving credit where credit is due.

Or just continue to believe your own fallacies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This post is wrong on so many levels.. Pretty sure Jerry had more input on team decisions in the 90s, hence the reason why Jerry and Jimmy butted heads and ultimately separated. (For better or worse)

I always find it amusing when Jerry haters act like Jimmy Johnson was some kind of guru. Was he a good coach?..sure. Was he the only reason Dallas won Superbowls in the 90s?.. not hardly.

Some people seem to forget it was Jerry’s call..

-To fire Landry and hire Jimmy in the first place
-To trade Hershel Walker and collected draft capital that Jimmy needed to build the team
-During the non-‘salary cap’ years, it was Jerry’s money that was spent to keep all the HOF players Jimmy had at his disposal.
-When Jimmy has to deal with a salary cap as the Miami Dolphins HC, how did he fair? Average team and record and ultimately quit.
-Jimmy rode the wave from his Miami Hurricane college championship team and likewise drafted many those players.. how many players did he actually coach up and/or develop?

So, before folks start acting like Jimmy was a god of coaching.. let’s remember it was Jimmys team that was constantly in trouble outside of football. In today’s world of social media and salary cap.. Jimmy would be fired. Folks also should realize Jerry Jones had a lot to do with Jimmys success.. not to mention, had it not been for Jerry buying the team..The Cowboys would have never sniffed three more Superbowls. How bout giving credit where credit is due.

Or just continue to believe your own fallacies.

:thumbup::hammer: