Jerry is large and in charge

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Powerful video. Doesn’t surprise me. Those who have argued Stephen has taken over are just wanting to believe such because it provides them more hope in that some of these better decisions reflect Jerry is stepping away.

Instead this reveals its much the same as its always been in that Jerry is still Boss Hog and as Parcells said” you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts”.

And Jerry has received greater influence a few times in his era , hence the better results. And why it’s critical who surrounds Jerry like with Jason and Will. Stephen has always been there and appears to be more of the hatchet man carrying out the decision than an evaluating influence.

This is still Jerry’s team and as long as he has breathe is going to be sitting at front of the table, for better or worse. Well, we can put this issue to rest.
Regarding your last sentence does that mean you won't bring it up in every thread now?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Fake news to me is spinning facts to support an opinion or narrative. As I stated above. I’m not denying the report you attached.
So when I told you you were intentionally ignoring facts to support your agenda and you replied you were just spinning them you were really creating fake news according to your definition here.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How do you feel about the new Extra Anejos they’re filtering out the color from aging in barrel?
First off, why filter out the color, unless it's artificially put in?
This is simply dumb, like Dan Akroyd advertising his Skull Vodka that it's filtered through quartz crystals.
I mean... really?

So... I haven't been enthusiastic for that stuff, but if you want me to hunt down something you are very interested in, and isn't crazy expensive, I will find it and give you an honest opinion.
I'll give several opinions... in realtime!
Throughout the night.
And maybe the morning...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So when I told you you were intentionally ignoring facts to support your agenda and you replied you were just spinning them you were really creating fake news according to your definition here.
I’ve been over so much today you’ll have to be more specific. I don’t recall our conversation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First off, why filter out the color, unless it's artificially put in?
This is simply dumb, like Dan Akroyd advertising his Skull Vodka that it's filtered through quartz crystals.
I mean... really?

So... I haven't been enthusiastic for that stuff, but if you want me to hunt down something you are very interested in, and isn't crazy expensive, I will find it and give you an honest opinion.
I'll give several opinions... in realtime!
Throughout the night.
And maybe the morning...
They claim it’s a purer product filtering it out as some enthusiast don’t like the wooden barrels taste but want aged agave. I’m suspect thinking they’re simply creating this to cater to those who prefer unaged or silver agave . I was curious if you’ve had any. I have had a couple and wasn’t impressed.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Not surprising to me. Jerry will always be in charge as long as he has a breath.

Bingo. Look, it's who Jerry is. Arguably the most assertive owner in football. Micromanager? I think that was most certainly an issue earlier in his ownership, absolutely. Just as Jimmy Johnson, or Dave Campo. He's not necessarily picking out the groceries, but you damn well know he wants the final say.

And who can blame him? He's made how much $$ in the past 30 years owning the Cowboys? It's not the Kraft or New England way, but it's Jerry's way. It's not netting the Cowboys franchise Lombardi trophies these days, but you know what, in the last 10 years Dallas has opened up Jerry World, continues to make a fortune in merchandise, and continues to be one of the more popular and lucrative sports franchises in the world -- and by that I mean not just in the NFL. A SB appearance would be nice -- a victory even better.

But "Jerry's way" has netted all of that, plus 5 divisional playoff appearances since 2007 (two #1 seeds). At some point, you gotta point fingers at the players and (yes) even the coaches (hi Jason).

But don't expect Jerry to change. To think so would be disingenuous. Lastly, Jerry likes the limelight. Always has. He's like our president, without the tweets. Hey, it's just the way it is.

If you haven't noticed already, go back and watch the "how 'bout 'dem Cowboys!" speech by Jimmy Johnson after the NFC championship victory over San Francisco in Jan 1993. Notice that as Jimmy was speaking early on ("I know y'all were tired of practicing in the Texas heat"), Jerry was raising his hand as if to imply he wanted to say something. Notice how Jimmy did not yield and give Jerry the floor. Then afterwards, after Jimmy shouted "how 'bout them Cowboys", Jerry looked miffed and walked away. Watch that interaction very carefully. Even then, you could see that there was a power struggle. Jerry does not work well with folks that won't let him have a say -- maybe even the final say. Those employees are no longer working for the Dallas Cowboys. But that doesn't mean Jerry won't listen to sage advice, especially when it comes to personnel. He will listen. As long as you keep him informed, keep him in the loop, and don't try to circumvent him, you'll be fine. And so will the franchise.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They claim it’s a purer product filtering it out as some enthusiast don’t like the wooden barrels taste but want aged agave. I’m suspect thinking they’re simply creating this to cater to those who prefer unaged or silver agave . I was curious if you’ve had any. I have had a couple and wasn’t impressed.
Never interested me. Just get a decent Silver.
That's gimmick stuff.

You buy Anejo to taste the barrel aging. That's why it's a sipper, not a mixer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Never interested me. Just get a decent Silver.
That's gimmick stuff.

You buy Anejo to taste the barrel aging. That's why it's a sipper, not a mixer.
It’s certainly not priced as gimmick stuff. Don Julio and Herradura for example are both making it and priced higher than regular anejo.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
14 pages. No one stirs the pot like Risen

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some Billionaires delegate responsibility. I'm pretty sure that Stan Kroenke trusted Les Snead and Sean McVay to make the Rams picks, and Robert Craft probably had very little to do with the Patriots picks, and I know Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock made the decisions for the Raiders. I would think that most owners would turn it over to the football experts that they hired. Of course here Jerry considers himself to be the football expert.

Yeah, most billionaires are pretty easy going I imagine.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll give you credit you play dumb and ignorant better than most
I have up to a 100 post some days. I sincerely don’t recall exactly. I genuinely try to respond to every civil post . Which one are you referring to?

And if your not able to have a more civil discourse don’t expect a response. I’m not sure why you have a personal agenda with me?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, most billionaires are pretty easy going I imagine.
We have 31 other billionaire owners in NFL that don’t feel the need to be as involved or the face of football operations.
Just saying..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have 31 other billionaire owners in NFL that don’t feel the need to be as involved or the face of football operations.
Just saying..

As involved as Jerry was in that harmless little clip where he asked for input and then made the right call? You sure?

You know I don’t defend Jerry a whole lot in general because he does things that hurt his team. But this wasn’t an example of that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bingo. Look, it's who Jerry is. Arguably the most assertive owner in football. Micromanager? I think that was most certainly an issue earlier in his ownership, absolutely. Just as Jimmy Johnson, or Dave Campo. He's not necessarily picking out the groceries, but you damn well know he wants the final say.

And who can blame him? He's made how much $$ in the past 30 years owning the Cowboys? It's not the Kraft or New England way, but it's Jerry's way. It's not netting the Cowboys franchise Lombardi trophies these days, but you know what, in the last 10 years Dallas has opened up Jerry World, continues to make a fortune in merchandise, and continues to be one of the more popular and lucrative sports franchises in the world -- and by that I mean not just in the NFL. A SB appearance would be nice -- a victory even better.

But "Jerry's way" has netted all of that, plus 5 divisional playoff appearances since 2007 (two #1 seeds). At some point, you gotta point fingers at the players and (yes) even the coaches (hi Jason).

But don't expect Jerry to change. To think so would be disingenuous. Lastly, Jerry likes the limelight. Always has. He's like our president, without the tweets. Hey, it's just the way it is.

If you haven't noticed already, go back and watch the "how 'bout 'dem Cowboys!" speech by Jimmy Johnson after the NFC championship victory over San Francisco in Jan 1993. Notice that as Jimmy was speaking early on ("I know y'all were tired of practicing in the Texas heat"), Jerry was raising his hand as if to imply he wanted to say something. Notice how Jimmy did not yield and give Jerry the floor. Then afterwards, after Jimmy shouted "how 'bout them Cowboys", Jerry looked miffed and walked away. Watch that interaction very carefully. Even then, you could see that there was a power struggle. Jerry does not work well with folks that won't let him have a say -- maybe even the final say. Those employees are no longer working for the Dallas Cowboys. But that doesn't mean Jerry won't listen to sage advice, especially when it comes to personnel. He will listen. As long as you keep him informed, keep him in the loop, and don't try to circumvent him, you'll be fine. And so will the franchise.
Yes but it’s that egotistical arrogance that has left us out of the Super Bowl for over two decades now because there’s only room for one Ego in Big D.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As involved as Jerry was in that harmless little clip where he asked for input and then made the right call? You sure?

You know I don’t defend Jerry a whole lot in general because he does things that hurt his team. But this wasn’t an example of that.
I agree. This wasn’t an example of Jerry hurting the team. This was an example how involved and in control of decision making he still is contrary to what some fans want to believe.

Jerry has a history of making good decisions with greater influence. That wasn’t the point of this thread as I understood it. It was about who’s still running the show.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
(Yawn)

Who cares? We’ve been very happy with the roster building in recent years.
Jerry owns the team, is the gm, and is very involved....unless the owner isn’t interested, of course he has the final say. This was a better topic when our roster was garbage and we were in cap hell.